Friday, 14 December 2012

Winter birthday wishes.

Hi all - so Christmas is creeping up on us ever so quickly, are you nearly ready?

Today, I have a birthday card to share with you.  This weeks themed challenge at Polka Doodles is a card for a Young adult or a Birthday at Christmas.  One of the main rules to remember when taking part in a Polka Doodles challenge, is that you can only enter 10 challenges including Polka Doodles in the total.  There are fabulous prizes to be won each week and we wouldn't want you to miss out by not following this rule.

Anyways, on to my creation for that wee bit of inspiration this week.

I went with the Birthday at Christmas theme and this is what I came up with.


Both of the pale blue papers and the main sentiment are from the Studio 12 CD - Picknix Collection2 - Gingerbread Twist.  I backed all these inked layers, with card from my stash.

I merged the paper and the main sentiment by using Microsoft Word.  I also used a sketch that was recently up on another challenge website.


My Happy Birthday sentiment is from the CTMH stamp set that comes with the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.


One of my bloggie friends Sandy of Sandy's Crafty Creations introduced me to tulle (please check out her blog it's awesome), and I have been wanting to use it for ages.  Well, today I really felt that this finished off the card.

The snowflake is made up of three, cut at 1.25", 1" and 0.75" from the Winter Woodland cartridge (page 35).  And secured this on the knot of the tulle with a glue dot.

I popped up the middle sentiment with some foam tape.

The inside of the card compliments the front and I added some single snowflakes to the corners.


I hope this has given you a little inspiration and now you need to get yourself creating and entering the challenge this week.  Go on, what have you got to lose.  The challenge runs until the 23 December, so you have plenty of time.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges - Challenge #50: Snow (closes 20 Dec)

Love to Create Challenges - Challenge #45: Anything Goes (closes 16 Dec)

Challenges 4 Everybody - Challenge #9: Anything Goes (closes 21 Dec)

Lexi's Creations - Challenge #80: Snow (closes 5 Jan)

Joyful Stamper - Inspire Me Fridays #89: Anything Goes (closes 20 Dec)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful card the layout and colours are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful,love the layout and gorgeous colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful card! LOVe the colors and GREAT LO!!
    Happy Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Karon!! I love the beautiful colors and the design is fabulous!! The tulle is such a great touch!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karon your card is beutiful. TFS.
    D-
    dmcardmaker (AOL)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you nailed it on the sketch.. love that tulle! Very pretty Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a lovely card! Thank you for joining this week for our "anything goes" challenge at Love to Create. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card for a winter birthday! Thanks for joining us this week at Pause, Dream, Enjoy Challenges.

    Becky
    PDE Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Karon. I love that stunning layout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful winter birthday card. I love the tulle bow with the snowflakes.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karol, this is a beautiful card. I love the blue and white - peaceful and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, perfect for a winter birthday.
    I really like that sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Karon, this is a stunning birthday card tailored to this gorgeous time of year! :o) The sentiment is so lovely and it looks gorgeous in blue. Tulle is one of my favorite things and it's mystifying that I often forget to use it... it finished this off so beautifully beneath the sweet snowflake. I love how your interiors are always so pretty, too! I hope you have a sparkly and beautiful weekend, my friend! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful - love the blue and white!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, Karon. Lov the blue...so very frosty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW - thanks everyone - so wonderful for you to visit me and leave such awesome comments:-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Karon - this is oh so pretty!! I'm glad I found your Blog too. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! This is absolutely stunning! Thank you for joining us this week over at Love to Create Challenge Blog.
    Ruza, LTC DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is perfection and with any project with tulle! I am in love!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love this Karon! so beautiful!
    you've been featured this week @ Inspire Me Fridays!
    hugs & Christmas blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just pinned this card - love it! Just got some nice snowflake patterned paper I could use to case this card. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Would you mind telling me what the dimensions of the papers are? I presume the card base is 5.5 x 4.25.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...