Friday, 25 January 2013

A better day, well, evening!

Hi everyone - so last night, yep night, I went into my craft room for a couple of hours before bed.  I had a good little crafting session and I have this to share with you today.

Hmmmm, I wonder who it could be for?  Hubby has booked a flight and will be home for the weekend on the 1st February :-)  It's only for a couple of days, but the girls and I are so looking forward to seeing him, even though he's only been gone 2 weeks, we really miss him!  He'll also hopefully be home in mid Feb for the weekend too.

With Valentines Day just around the corner, I decided to make this.


My card base is 6.5" by 5".  The red paper is from a Tim Holtz Idea-ology stack called Seasonal.

The hearts are pieces from a Birds Cards Cut file called Heart of Hearts and can be found here. They were cut using my Silhouette Cameo.

I embossed the white layer, and the hearts, with my Cuttlebug and the Devine Swirls folder.


The little pegs I have coloured with my Spectrum Noir marker, as I wanted them red.  The sentiment is by me, just typed up in Word and I am sharing it with you below :-)  I inked all the edges, including those of the hearts.


For the inside of the card, I used the same paper as the front.  The heart stamp is from a See D's stamp set called Springtime Swirls, I bought it back in the UK many years ago.

As I mentioned earlier, I thought I would try and share with you the sentiment.  Thanks to Teresa of Tickell Expressions for the advice.

I have supplied both the JPEG and the PNG, to be honest I don't even know what the difference is LOL! Now hopefully, you should just be able to left click the sentiment, it should get larger and then you can right click on the image and save it.  I know they look different sizes, but when you insert them into Word to print, they should come up the same size (they did for me).  Please let me know - thanks.  So there you go, these are for you :-)


JPEG


JPEG


PNG


PNG

So, there you have it.  I hope you like the sentiment and are able to use it.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Joyful Stamper - Inspire Me Fridays #93: Anything Goes (closes 31 Jan)

Cut It Up Challenge Blog - Challenge #11: Love is in the Air (closes 6 Feb)

Brown Sugar Challenge Blog - Challenge #26: Valentines (closes 31 Jan)

One Stitch At A Time - Challenge #147: Love (closes 26 Jan)

Crafty Ribbons - Challenge #37: Love/Romance/Anniversary (closes 30 Jan)

Cameo Creations Challenge - Love Ya (closes 28 Feb)

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you all have a fabulous weekend.

Happy crafting.

45 comments:

  1. Beautiful card,love the design and fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card for your hubby, I'm sure he'll appreciate it because he probably misses you just the same. The use of those clothespins is inspired. Way to go sharing your Word sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Karon!! I love the hanging hearts!! The clothes pins are adorable!! What an awesome card!! Your hubby will love it!! Happy Friday my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Karon, your card is gorgeous, love the hearts hanging from the clothesline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those hanging hearts, and the embossed swirly background is just perfect! Have a great weekend...just one more to go before hubby is home!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card!! I know your hubs will LOVE it!!!!
    And the sentiments....awesome!!
    TFS and happy Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw this is just so cute, love those wee clothes pin....
    How exciting to have the man of the house home, two weeks can seem very long!
    Enjoy your wonderful crafty weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so very pretty.

    Karen B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card! Love the tiny little clothes pins -what a fun touch to your card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sentiment you created!! So fun with the card you made! Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

    Kimberly
    Cut It Up DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card.love the clothes pin and hearts.I would be missing hubby too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is really cute Karon!
    love the 'hanging' hearts!
    hugs & blessings

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karon, I am ecstatic that your sweetheart is returning home soon for a weekend! That's just the happiest news! :o) This card is gorgeous.. I 'm so glad you had a sparklier crafty adventure this time. :o) This card design is spectacular... I LOVE the hanging hearts! Such a clever idea and so wonderfully executed. The embossing is gorgeous, too. :o) It's so sweet of you to share your lovely sentiment! :o) I have tons of files saved from Birds Cards.. I am so thankful for her generosity. I'll be using one of her swirly frames this weekend, I think. So much love in the crafty community! Have a marvelous weekend, Karon! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fab card! I love the little hearts hanging and that sentiment is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  15. That can't be easy with hubby away till then Karon. I am sure he will appreciate this gorgeous and very romantic card. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, thanks for sharing with us at crafty ribbons
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love this Karon, romantic but still elegant. hugs P. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is so pretty! I love all the embossing and the sentiment is perfect for this card! Thanks for playing along at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is so pretty.
    I like the pop of red against the white background.
    So fun that you put those tiny clothes pegs on it too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh My lovely crafting buddies - you are so kind with your continued words of encouragement - thank you so much. Have a great weekend everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a very cute design. Love those hanging hearts. Enjoy your hubby's homecoming.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Karon I am sooo happy you get to see your guy soon.
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE your card! TFS.
    Hugs D-
    dmcardmaker (AOL)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card is so sweet, Karon. I hope you really enjoy your time with your beloved this weekend.

    Well, it sure didn't take you long to figure it out. Thanks for the sentiments. The PNG file has a transparent background so you can layer it with other digital images or papers.

    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very cute cas card. Thanks for playing at CR. I have a little candy on offer.

    ReplyDelete
  25. hiya.ooh i love this..fab card, thanks for playing along with us at CRAFTY RIBBONS x carol

    ReplyDelete
  26. So lovely! Wonderful embossing and love the inside too. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is fab!!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons :)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is lovely. I am loving the embossed look. Thank you for sharing at One Stitch at a Time and Good Luck with the Challenge. Judy x DT

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Cameo Creations =D

    lots of love,
    Ana Maria

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very BEAUTIFUL!!The embossed background is GORGEOUS!
    Have a Wonderful Weekend,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh I love this. So so cute hanging the hearts on a clothesline with clips. Love it. TFS
    Hugs
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  32. That's great! Very pretty card, the embossing and deep red are so elegant!1

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Karon, this is a great design and beautiful card. I really like the way you hung the two hearts, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Glad to hear the hubby is on his way home! I have to say this is one of my fav cards for V-day I have seen!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Cute card!! Thank you for playing along with Brown Sugar this week!! Hope you decide to play along with us again!! Good luck!
    Alice B.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love how you clipped on the hearts, Karon! This is a wonderful Valentine card. I know you'll be so happy to see your hubby!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is fantastic!! LOVE how you did the sentiments.. and thank you for sharing!! I love the hearts hanging!! Just gorgeous!! Sorry I haven't been stopping by that much.. so busy trying to get everything moved. I'm hoping to be back to normal once we are settled in there!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a special creation!!! Love your deep rich colors, love the hearts, and LOVE your sentiments. Beautiful!
    Blessings,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is such a beautiful card!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Cameo Creations! : )

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love all the embossing and the little clothespins! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up Challenges!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great card! love the embossing and the inked images on the inside! Thanks for joining us at Cameo Creations Challenge Blog! ~Gaby DT

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...