Thursday, 24 January 2013

Cheers For Your Special Day !

Well, hello my friends.  Do you ever get a day when everything in your creative process just goes wrong?  Yesterday, everything I touched seemed to end up causing more work and more work.

Firstly, I coloured the image I'm going to show you below - and I had nearly got all the pieces together for the card when - I had forgotten to ink the edges.   See you would say, just leave it alone, but oh no, not me! And of course I made a right mess of things, over did the inking it looked like a two year old had been at.  So the whole thing ended up in the trash.

Secondly, the finished product below, as is, I am pleased with; well, sort of.  But that's after having to reprint the sentiments twice because I messed up the die cut.  Then, as I was sticking the pieces together, my ATG ran out of tape - ahhhh!! Obviously I have spare, but it's like as if everything was just to drive be bonkers!

Anyway. enough of my ravings!

I would like to share with you this lovely Emma Canning image called Cheer Leader.  Emma is an up and coming digi artist and is exclusive to Polka Doodles.  She has lots of wonderful images and they can be found here for purchase and instant download.

Polka Doodles is branching out into the digi world and more and more items are being added regularly.  Why not go along and take a look as to what is on offer, you won't regret it.


I coloured my image with Spectrum Noir markers, and she is popped up on the layers, which are Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 8.  I inked all the edges of all the layers and I used the print and cut feature on my Silhouette Cameo to cut her out, so no eye poking today :-)


I added a little glitter to her pom poms and the sentiment is by me just typing it up in Word.

My lilac papers are from the Polka Doodles Sundae of Seasons CD - there are some fabulous colours and designs of papers and lots of images, for all the seasons.

I used a similar design on the inside of my card and once again typed up the sentiment.


I'm OK with the final result, not one of my better days. I think I lost my direction with the card after all the different things that went wrong, even my colouring didn't really go to plan on this second attempt.  Well, hey, we take the good with the bad, right!  

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

My Paper Crafting - Digi Desserts Fridaze - use a digi (closes 24 Jan)

Crafting By Designs - Polka Dot Challenge (closes 29 Jan)

Flat Friends Challenge Blog - Challenge #4: Put a Bling on it (closes 2 Feb)

Digistamps4Joy - Challenge #59: Anything Goes (closes 5 Feb)

Stampin for the Weekend - Challenge: Something Girlie (closes 31 Jan)

Eureka Stamps - Challenge #23: Anything Goes (closes 27 Jan)

Thanks for stopping by today and listening (well reading!) to my frustrations.

Happy crafting.

31 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Karon. Yummy colours. Hope your next crafting effort will be smooth sailing! Thanks for sharing and stay warm...brrrr
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she turned out lovely. I have enjoyed making my own sentiments with Word, so it is neat to see your attempts here. The card turned out very pretty despite your struggles. Your perseverance paid off! Keep if up because we love to see e results. Next time will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha. Laughing not at you but with you because I do the same thing. Once I colored a snowman image and then decided to refill my pink Copic marker and well...even though I did that over the trash can somehow a drop of bright pink ink landed on my image! I was able to clean most of it off with the colorless blender pen but there was still a faint pink color so I made the snowman pink! And made a pink card it turned out cute just like your card here did and if you hadn't told us, well...we would not have known. :) Love the colors of it, bright and cheerful and the fussy cutting of your image is fab!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. how adorable is this!!!!! LOVE it! Oh I have been there also....and usually end up walking away :( but your card did turn out so GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think all us crafter's go through days like these.. I know I do and I would just take a break from it and try to come back and mend it.. Sometime it works and other times it gets toss into the waste basket....But your card turned out really well inspite of the flaws you know about it, from my end looks really good....

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable, Karon!! What a sweet image!! I love the sparkle on the pom poms!! You did a fabulous job!! I have definitely had crafting days like yours!! Actually, any time I try to color something, the first dozen or so copies head right for the trash :/ And then having the ATG run out, that is always the last straw...it always takes me forever to reload the thing!! Happy Thursday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Karon I do get some, well maybe lots lol, of those days. But your card looks gorgeous. Love your choice of papers too and love how you decorated inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so nice to know that we are not alone when it comes to having a bad crafting day where things can go wrong! I think we all have had them!
    Such a sweet card! great set of papers, and that image is just to cute! Thanks for participating this week at Digi Desserts Fridaze at My Paper Crafting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous - I absolutely love it - the colours you've used are so pretty and the glittery pom poms are really cute x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card.
    Thanks for join us at DigiStamps4Joy.

    Greetings karin DT member

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just such a cute image and you've created a darling card. Thanks so much for linking to Digi Desserts Fridaze at My Paper Crafting.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it!Love the bright and Cheerful colors!Adorable & Fun image!You did a GREAT job on this card!I love it!
    Have a Wonderful Day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  13. No matter what troubles you had, I think your card turned out great. Very cute, indeed. So glad you could join the Eureka! Stamps challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alls well that ends well. You made a cute card. Well done!
    Jackie, ds4j DT member

    ReplyDelete
  15. You would never know you had all those problems. This is adorable, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute card and digi. I love the purple and red. Thanks for playing with us at My Paper Crafting Digi Fridaze.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think your card came out great.
    At least you did something today...I just lazed around.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh no, sorry you had such a rough time! Your card did turn out cute, I like the sparkle on the poms!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card turned out super cute even though you were having a rough day :D I always have trouble coloring but I do my best and just try to find a way to make it work some how. Hugz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute card.....I so related to the day you had, sounds like mine! I coloured 3 images before I was happy with the colours! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much everyone - glad I'm not the only one that has "one of those days" , makes me feel a bit better that I'm not alone LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Karon, I'm sorry you had one of those crafty nightmare days! :( I'm glad you persevered and pressed on to make this card, though.. that's not always an easy task! Your card is adorable and I love the colors! The image is so sweet and you colored her beautifully. I love the sparkles! The sweet bows are lovely, as is the sentiment. This will bring such joy to the recipient! I had a crafty nightmare day this week and it broke my heart that it was unfixable. Hopefully soon I can give it another go!

    Hugs and blessings to you, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good for you for keeping going, I'd give in. Lovely card. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adorable! Love the fun colors together and the image is so cute! I can feel your pain - my trash can has days where it sees more of my work than I would like! Love the way your final version turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a darling card! Thank you for sharing this fun creation with us in this week's Anything Goes Challenge, and please come back soon. I look forward to seeing more of your sweet art.
    Blessings,
    karen, DT Member
    Eureka Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so beautifully designed. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think everybody has those days from time to time. However, your finished product is well done. Thanks for joining us at DS4J for this challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful colors with this sweet image!Thanks for sharing with us at Eureka Stamps!
    Jacki DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh so sweet Karon!! You are such an amazing creator and I always love visiting you in Blogland. Also wanted to thank you - for always stopping by and leaving your sweet comments on my cards. You're a sweetheart!!
    Hugs,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks everyone - have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very cute card. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafting by Designs and our Polka-dot challenge.

    Tammy S.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...