Saturday, 12 January 2013

For my Hubby!

Hi everyone, so Andy leaves today.  I have to drop him at the airport at around 3pm and he's off.  Of course, he'll soon be home again - either the 2nd or 9th Feb, for the weekend and then every 4 weeks or so.

I wanted to share with you the card I have made for him.  I sneakily put it in his suitcase whilst he wasn't looking, so that when he gets to his apartment and unpacks he will find it :-)


All the cuts are using my Silhouette Cameo. Something simple to start with :-)

I typed up the letters and then drew an oval shape around them. I love the ability in the program to be able to centre your shape around the text.

The hearts and scalloped edged  piece are parts of a freebie file that came with the Studio program.  I ungrouped them and then just used the elements I wanted.

My papers are from a Minds Eye 6x6 pad called Love Me that was part of my Secret Santa gift from Pam at The Bug Bytes, thanks so much - I'm going to be using most of this stack as I'll be doing Miss You cards too:-)

The base layer and the I Love You layer are papers from my scrap box.

I inked all the edges of the layers .  The sentiment layer is stuck down and then I added a couple of brads. No frilly stuff, as its for my man!

The hearts, I cut at 1.5" and 1.25", then popped them up on different thickness pop dots. I did the two different size hearts for his and hers :-)


I also used the cut letters to go on the inside of the card - so it was good to be able to use both elements of the cut.  They were cut perfectly, so I just had to use them.


Again, I inked all the edges of the inside layers and added a couple of stamped hearts to finish off.

Not bad for my first use of the Silhouette, eh! :-)

I am so looking forward to getting back to crafting and for using my Silhouette with digis and other things.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

DL ART Thankful Thursday - Anything Goes (closes 31 Jan)

Dream Valley Challenges - Challenge #48: Anything Goes (closes 18 Jan)

Challenges 4 Everybody - Challenge #11: Anything Goes (closes 18 Jan)

Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge - PWC240:  Brads (closes 15 Jan)

Joyful Stamper - Inspire Me Fridays #91: Anything Goes (closes 17 Jan)

Paper Creators Crafts - Challenge #3: Love is All Around (closes 25 Jan)

Thank you all for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

29 comments:

  1. Beautiful card..love the fab design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card...you're going to LOVE your Cameo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet surprise for your hubby!!!!!! Beautiful card Karon.. Love the layout and the papers!!!!! My favorite part is the word design on the strip and those two beautiful hearts. You are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Karon. He's going to really love this card.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely surprise. Really a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fab Karon, I'm sure Andy will love it. I'm glad to see you are already using your Cameo, it sure doesn't look like a first attempt! P x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice surprise for your husband, Karon. It will surely put a smile on his face. And how lovely that your first project with your Cameo was made for the one who gave it to you in the first place.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a sweet idea! Andy willl love it.
    I'm considering getting a Cameo but am just starting the research stages.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs D-
    dmcardmaker (AOL)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card, Karon!! Andy will absolutely love it!! The design is so beautiful and your inking is fabulous!! Happy Saturday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a BEAUTIFUL Card!Just GORGEOUS!!!He will LOVE it!
    Have a Wonderful Weekend,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet surprise for your hubby! It's a beautiful card and I know he will treasure it! I love the pretty layers and papers - lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much everyone - first night alone tonight :-( Thank goodness for the kids :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful for your first cameo creation! He will get a nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so sweet!!! I know this will bring a huge smile to your hubby's face when he opens his suitcase :)
    TFS and have a GREAT night!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. BEAUTIFUL YOUR HUBBY WILL LOVE THIS!
    This is so sweet. I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes January Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great card!!! I've been thinking about you this weekend.. wondering if you are better and how you are doing :) Thanks for stopping by this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely card and a lovely idea to sneak it in the suitcase :)
    Thank you for joining us at Paper Creators Crafts
    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is so sweet. I am sure he will be pleasantly surprised to find this in his suitcase :)
    Great layout of this card, I really like the cuts!
    And the pattern paper is just perfect for this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Karon!
    So glad to hear you're feeling better. I see you got a new toy. How cool is that!
    Your husband is going to love the beautiful card you made him and such a sweet idea to sneak it in his luggage.
    Happy Sunday!
    Hugs,
    Lisa
    CRe8n4u

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awe that is so sweet, he's gonna be grinning ear to ear when he finds it. Beautiful card Karon!! Oh hey, your ROCK by the way!! The challenge link you left me is the one I was looking for, THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Karon, I'm just ecstatic to see your first Silhouette project! It's GORGEOUS! :o) I bet your sweetheart has been smiling all weekend because of your sweet and sneaky gesture. :o) What a blessing to find this on his first day away! I love this beautiful design so much.. the hearts are so perfect, as is the sentiment. What incredibly crisp cuts! I adore the 'love' paper you used and as always the interior is so gorgeous, too. Incredible work, my dear friend. I apologize for the delay, but I had unexpected company this weekend! :o) I look forward to seeing your creations from your crafty heart! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks all - he loved it and already has it on display in the apartment:-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautifully done! I'm sure he will have it displayed at his favorite spot.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the double hearts! This would make a great design for a Valentine too.
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's is terrific! I really like your papers! I knew you would like that cameo, checked out your sneak peeks up there!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your Hubby will love this, great colours and design. Thank you for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMGoodness Karon - you are such a sweetheart for making this and tucking it away in his suitcase!!! I can only imagine the smile on his face when he finds it - how precious is that??!!??!! I love what you can do with the Cameo - beautiful creations for sure!!
    Hugs,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a sweet, romantic card, and what a terrific idea to hide it in your hubby's suitcase! Love it! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...