Friday, 11 January 2013

Good News! Good News!

Hi all my crafty peeps - so good to be back.  Feeling so much better.  Thank you all for your wonderful comments and get well wishes.

Now, I hope your not too disappointed with my news - but for me its fabulous!

So, last Saturday, 5th Jan, was my birthday and as some of you regulars know, Andy is off to Winnipeg.  In fact he goes tomorrow:-(

My wonderful husband, that he is, let me order -  are you ready for this.................


Isn't it just perfect.  It came a couple of days ago and I finally was able to take it out of the box!  And look how wonderful it looks on my desk :-)


I had a quick play in the Studio program and did the control panel, with one of the freebie files that it came with.


Oh my goodness - this machine is fabulous - it cuts so quickly and cleanly!  I have to let you know, that I also used my Cricut mat in the machine and it works fabulous (I have quite a stock - so its good that I will be able to use them).

The Studio program seems to be quite intuitive, although I have only done basic things at the moment.

I have also made a card - but I will show you that tomorrow - I'm putting it in Andy's suitcase - so he will see it when he gets to Winnipeg:-)

So that's my news.  Lots of packing to get done today - he has to fit a lot in two suitcases, also doing some last minute laundry for him LOL!

I hope you are all well and have a fabulous week - gosh this month is already going by so quickly.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

21 comments:

  1. How exciting!!
    It will give you something new to concentrate on while Andy is gone. lol
    Have fun and let us know how you like it.
    Hugs D-
    dmcardmaker (AOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Karon, this is wonderful news! Oh lucky you, I'm so so happy for you, my friend! With many hours of fun ahead... you may not have time to miss Andy! ...just kidding! Make the best of today with Andy and I can't wait to see our Cameo creation tomorrow.

    hugs,

    p.s. Perhaps I should send my husband off to Winnipeg too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Super EXCITING!!!! You are going to LOVE playing and figuring out everything with the Cameo!!! Have fun crafting and look forward to seeing your creations!!!
    Have a GREAT Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats and enjoy your new "baby"!!!! I Love mine!! :-) Best investment I've ever made :-)

    ~ Hugs ~

    Jess
    www.createbyrosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I will look forward to seeing all your new creations. Wish Andy well on his trip. Off to have a knock-down-drag-out with the 'ole green eyed monster...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you (and maybe a smidge jealous...okay, more than a smidge ;)!! I can't wait to see what you create with it!! Have fun playing!! Happy Friday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice and exciting. What a nice surprise from your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your new toy! I'm sure you will be whipping up those cards in no time...Can't wait to see your first creation and many more ahead.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! and Happy belated Birthday What an awesome gift I am still holding off getting one I want one but, not quite ready yet.

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is AMAZING News!!Congrats to you!!I am so HAPPY For you!!
    Have a wonderful Friday,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks every peeps - things are a bit hectic today but will be able to craft on Sunday!!! It will definitely keep me occupied whilst Andy is away. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats, very cool!! Can't wait for you to convince me that I "need" one with all of your beautiful projects to come ;D Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear you're up and running again......you are going to LOVE your Cameo!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have heard about these machines.
    Sounds like you have already mastered it :)
    Safe travels for your husband Andy, it is bad weather around there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH my gosh!!!! YOU GOT ONE! Am I super silly for being extra excited that we both got ours the same week?! :o) I am elated for you, my sweet friend!!! No one deserves one more. :o) I pray you had a beautiful birthday! I'm looking forward to seeing all of your creations with this incredible blessing! :o) This weekend will be my first play with mine and I cannot wait. I am positively delighted for you, Karon! :o) Happy crafting this weekend!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lucky you! What a wonderful surprise.......I look forward to seeing what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay for you Karon!! I really like my cameo too. I use both machines (Cricut and Cameo). I think I just like die cutters period. LOL!!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  18. oooh! Fabulous! You're going to be cutting in style now! And happy belated birthday to you from me! :)
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your New baby.Happy Birthday Karon.Cant wait to see your projects with new machine.I rather cut with cricut mats then with silhouette mat.I feel the mat is very thin.My Silhouette mat has cracked and I didnt abuse it like my cricut mats.I really want to cut fabric.Have fun shopping with the 99 cent files.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love what you did to the button panel!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...