Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Guest Diva!

Hi everyone - good morning/afternoon/evening where ever you maybe in the world :-)

Only 3 more days, till Andy is home for the weekend :-) Been keeping busy with some crafting and things.

Georgiana of Carson's Creations and the Host of Die Cuttin Divas, asked me to guest design for this weeks challenge and of course who could possibly decline :-) It's one of every ones favourites too - Anything Goes; just remember to add a diecut somewhere on your project.  The sponsor for this weeks challenge is Zva Creative (gems), so why not pop along and take part.

Here is my little inspiration for you.  My card is for my daughter Emily, who turns 12 on the 6th February. Where is the time going - my little girls aren't so little anymore!


The papers for my card are from the DCWV stack, called Blossoms and Butterflies.  The layer under the flower was cut using a Nestabilities Labels 8 Die.

My flower is a daisy cut file from Birds Cards and can be found here.  I cut the head of the daisy several times and ran them through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder.  I inked the edges of the petals and added a gem to the centre, and some gems to the opposite corners of the layer.


The sentiment is from the Polka Doodles CD Double Sprinkle of Craft and I popped this up above the ribbon to give depth.


I also added some gems to the flowers, these flowers are part of the paper - so its nice to just bling them up a little.  I did the same on the inside of the card too.


On the inside of the card, I decided to use the negative of the daisy cut as a stencil, and inked some flowers around the edges of the white piece, to surround what ever is written.

Thank you Georgiana for asking me and I will proudly display the Die Cuttin Divas, Guest Diva Button on my blog :-)

Also, thank you all for stopping by today, now get your creative heads on and go along and enter this weeks challenge at Die Cuttin Divas.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Little Scrap Pieces - Fun Friday "Birthday Challenge" (closes 1 Feb)

DL.ART Thankful Thursday - Challenge #102: Use Red or Pink (closes 5 Feb)

{PIN}spirational Challenges - Challenge #42 (closes 4 Feb)

Happy Crafting.

37 comments:

  1. So beautiful Karon, I love the colours you've chosen and what inspiration to rune the flowers through your embossing folder, it gives them more dimension. A really wow card! Hugs P x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Karon!! The colors are absolutely beautiful!! I love the fun design!! This is fabulous!! Happy Tuesday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very pretty card Karon, love it!!!


    www.inmycraftroom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card,love your flower and fab papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very lovely for Emily. I am sure (since I've had a 12 year old girl) that she will love this pinkish concoction. We always knew you were a Die Cutting Diva, but now it is official. Wear that button with pride!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! The embossing on the flower is so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your GDT spot!
    Great take on your card, lovely flower and pretty papers...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab guest spot design...Love your card!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card & Congrats on you guest feature over at Die Cuttin Divas :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karon Love your card!
    You chose beautiful colors.
    D-
    dmcardmaker

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Karon, makes me want spring here even sooner.
    DIANA L
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the bright colors you selected for this. Makes me think of Spring and however long it might take.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to being this weekds Guest Diva at DCD!Yiippee!!
    Love the bright colors that you chose.Gorgeous Flower.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your guest designer spot, my dear friend! They are so blessed to have you along this week. :o) Your birthday card is GORGEOUS! I love the bright colors and beautiful patterns.. they combine in the most stunning way. The design is so pretty and the interior is equally stunning! Oh gosh, that daisy is a beauty, isn't it? I have that saved and hope to use it soon. Your use of it is spectacular.. I just love how the Swiss Dots look on it. :o) Your daughter will treasure this gift! I hope you have a sparkly night, Karon! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on being guest designer. Love that bright card. She'll love it. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those bright cheery colors--they remind me of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Karon congrats on your guest design spot so well deserved. Love your color choices beautiful. Thanks so much for joining the lsp challenge. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. So beautiful. Love the colors that you chose and your layout is fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us at {Pin}spirational Challenge this time. Hope to see you again. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty card!! LOVE the colors!! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a pretty card for your daughter's birthday. Happy birthday to her! Thanks for being our Guest Diva this week at DCD! Glad you could join us.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW - once again you all amaze me with your bloggie time and comments. Thank you my friends:-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on your guest post! Such bright, pretty colors, and I love the dimension on the flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card is so sweet.
    Fun colours and perfect for a girl your daughters age :)
    I love the flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is super sweet! Great color combo and love all the details. Congrats on GD! Thanks for joining us over at Little Scrap Pieces! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card. Love the colours . Thanks for joining us at LSP.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on the GD spot! Well deserved honour. This is such a sweet card. I'm sure your little girl will love it. Yummy colours, so bright and cheerful. I sense some excitement on your part too....hmmm, I wonder why! ;-)
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well good morning Guest Diva!!! Lol . The colors brought a smile to my face right away, so bright and beautiful! I love how you used the negavtive daisy stencil and inked it on the inside of the card! Very clever. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous design, Karon, and I love that flower.

    ReplyDelete
  29. She is going to love it Karon. The bright colours are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card Karon! Fabulous colors and the layout is really neat! Doesn't it free great to be a Diva!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a beautiful card!! I love the bright colors you used! Glad that you could be our guest Diva this week at DCD!!
    Gerda.
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh Karon, what a HAPPY card! Makes me want lots of flowers and blue sky :) Congrats on the GD spot you did a GREAT job!

    Thanks so much for joining the "Birthday" challenge at Little Scrap Pieces.
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  33. So pretty Karon....your daughter will love it. The embossing on the flower looks wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you all so very much:-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh Karon congrats on being a guest DIVA! Woot! Woot! I love this birthday card! Love how you are getting us ready for spring, or should I say you all (I love in So Cal... so it is always spring like in the winter!).

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your card is so sweet! Thanks for participating in the {PIN}SPIRATIONAL Challenge blog! Hope to see you again!!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...