Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Just a Quickie!

Hi all - a little bit of craftiness came together in the end.

Yesterday, I started off the day having a total mojo block.  I had a GDT card to make for the end of the month, a card for hubby (shhh it's a secret - will share at the end of the week) ;-) and then a card so that I would have something to share with you today.

I eventually got the mojo going and am happy to report that I actually made all three cards but can only share one with you today :-)

So, this is a little Thank You card for a friend. Very quick and simple, but really blows away the winter blues!


I started off with a 5.5" by 4.25" card base, made from kraft card stock.

The patterned papers are from a Colorbok Pack called Spring Morning. 


The sentiment stamp is from an Inkadinkado set called All Occasions Inchie.  I inked the edges of all the layers and a little bit of ribbon, tied off in a double bow.

Here's the inside of the card, the butterfly is from a stamp set bought a long time ago in the UK.


That's it for now then, just a quickie to share with you.

I hope to be in the craft room again today and try to get ahead on a few things.  Hope you are all having a good week so far.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Top Tip Tuesday - Challenge #94: Lavishly Luscious Layers (closes 4 Feb)

Papertake Weekly Challenge - Tie Up You Looses Ends: add a bow somewhere (closes 28 Jan)

Challenges 4 Everybody - Challenge #12: Anything Goes (closes 1 Feb)

DL.ART: Thankful Thursday - Linky Party Anything Goes (closes 31 Jan)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

26 comments:

  1. Love your new blog makeover Karon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is beautiful! Your card made me smile , defiantly allows sunny thoughts to flow. I didn't post again today, been extremely busy. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very bright and pretty card Karon. Makes me long for Spring even more!
    Glad you found the mojo!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Karon. SO beautiful...can almost smell the flowers! Missing spring so much. So fed up with the cold and ice and sludge ...urgh!
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! The colors and papers are beautiful!! What a happy card!! Happy Tuesday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. It may be a quickie card but it is very bright and cheerful and sure to make someones day xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours are just gorgeous Karon, they really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous colours and papers. thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those papers and your bow really pops off your Thank you card...
    love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is card is super sweet, Karon, and the colors are delightful

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow that was a mojo homerun! love the colors and your bow is sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful! I love it!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a cheerful bright card.
    Perfect card to brighten up our cold cold days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute. Love love the colors and the inside is as pretty as the outside. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those beautiful colors and patterns definitely blow away the winter blues! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! love the bright colors and your friend will love it:) Thank you for stopping by today and have a great evening!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card.love the big bow with patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Karon inside and out!!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes January Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is adorable. LOVE IT! TFS.
    Hugs D-
    dmcardmaker (at AOL)

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW - thank you all so very much - I love bloggie love! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's adorable, Karon! I love the bright colors. I've had a bit of a mojo block as well. I think it's the after Christmas let down and I also blame it on the tax reports and such that has to be done in January. Ugh. Hoping to finish them all TODAY! And then maybe I can find my mojo again! Love your card!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes it does blow away the winter blues and that bow is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  22. so beautiful Karon, I'm lovin' the spring-y colors...makes me feel a little warmer! :)
    love your perfectly tied bow too!
    hugs & blessings

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a beautiful and bright card. It oozes charm and thank you. Great job, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Three cards?! Your Mojo returned with a flourish! :o) This first one is marvelous! Oh how I adore the bright colors and springy papers.. they stand so beautifully on their own. The orange bow is absolute perfection and I adore the butterfly stamp tucked inside. :o) Beautiful work as always, my friend! (And your blog is gorgeous!)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this!! It screams spring :) Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose - so good to see you - hope you are well. Thank you.

      Delete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...