Sunday, 20 January 2013

Keep Calm, Emily! Hmmmmm?

Hi everyone.  So, far be it for my daughter Emily to be left out, I had to make a notice for Emily to hang too!

Now, just to warn you, Emily is my tomboy and loves Pokemon!  But I sort of made it girly with the colour choices.  I don't know about Keep Calm, but it keeps her quiet LOL!

So, here is what I came up with.


These are two of her favourite Pokemon.  I managed to find the images and then using the print and cut feature on my Silhouette Cameo, was able to cut them and then I layered them to get a little more dimension. Also cut some yellow vinyl this time to keep with the theme:-)

The first one is called Ninetales (yep I have spelt it right, even though I want to type tails), and here's a close up, see the little gem on her eye!


The second one is called Quilava (haven't a clue why? although come to think of it lava = fire).  Gave him a little gem for his eye too.


Now, I'm no expert on this, you'll have to speak to my daughter LOL.  But, apparently, its all about power and what abilities they have, and they evolve and get stronger and yadda,  yadda :-)

Emily, actually helped and designed the lightening bolt in my Silhouette program, using the draw a polygon feature.  Great job!

I finished Emily's off with the same Smile ribbon as Shannons, as well as some little buttons.  It's already hanging in pride of place in her bedroom.


Hey - could start a business with these - you name it, I'll do it - LOL!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

27 comments:

  1. This is fabulous....love it.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!! That lightening bolt is so cool!! And I love the smile ribbon!! Happy Sunday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I really should use my Silhouette more. This is great! I liked the other one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is awesome!!! I have 2 pokemon fans that will get a kick out of seeing this!!
    TFS and have a GREAT Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome job on this! You sure gave your silhouette a work out for this card! I love the Keep Calm... sentiments so you had me right away..even if it was Pokeman! :-) Hugs and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute, Karon. Love the colors. The cream colored on is a beautiful "animal?".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done you Karon for keeping both daughters "calm" and happy. Really awesome job, I love it. Hugs P x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww Karon, I love that you made one for Emily, too! And I LOVE that she was a part of the design process! She did amazing work with that bolt. :o) This came out beautifully. The design is wonderful and I love that you tailored it so perfectly to her favorites. :o) The buttons with the Smile ribbon are gorgeous. Marvelous creation once again, my friend! I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see what you make for yourself. This is such a fun project. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, Karon. I'm off to bed.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely can't leave those kiddie out. Nice job, Emily, on the lighting bolt. Carry on, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool project :) I can she loves it. It is a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Emily's sign turned out wonderfully.
    My girls liked Pokemon when they were younger as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fantastic, I love those images you created!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Karon and my older one used to love Pokemon too. In fact both girls collected the card a few years back.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cool, Karon. I bet she loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a FUN project!!Love the Orange!My Favorite!
    Have a Wonderful Monday,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL...you're a hoot and I think this scores you Mom of the Year points!! Love the Pokemon wall hanging. I do believe my favorite character is Squirtle. I have no idea if it's worth any points but it's a heck of a lot of fun to say. ;)
    Awesome job Mom #1
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  18. My daughter used to love these too Karon, brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute, great idea. WOW I guess Pokemon is still around. I remember when my son loved them too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it. I remember watching pokemon with my first when we first came to U.S. Pikachu was our favorite. Love this idea. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this canvas projects you have been doing.I will have to make some for my boy's bedroom soon.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks everyone - she was well please:-)

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...