Friday, 18 January 2013

Lace!

Hi everyone, its that time again, another challenge over at Polka Doodles blog.  We are onto Week 3 and the theme for this week is Stitching Real or Faux, with Lace.

When I saw this I thought gosh - now what do I do.  So I was rummaging through my craft draw of bits and bobs and low and behold I found a strip of lace.  I tell you - it's great when you find something you didn't even know you had LOL!

So here is the card I came up with for your inspiration. I started off with a peach coloured card base, pre-folded 6" by 4", from my old UK stash.


The papers and the sentiment are from the Polka Doodles CD called Sundae of Seasons.  All the seasons are covered, fabulous papers, images and wonderful sentiments to use.  Remember its free worldwide shipping for a minimum order of £10 (thats approx $16 CDN and US) - and boy could I spend more than that!  Also Polka Doodles is branching out into instant downloads from single items. digital stamps, up to bundles for you to choose from.  


I love the colours of these papers and I inked all the edges and the scalloped edge too!  The sentiment was cut using my Silhouette Cameo with the print and cut feature!  Oh wow!! This is what I have needed for years.  My eyesight is not fab, and I would normally use scissors, but almost poke myself in the eye cause I have to hold it so close to see the edges LOL!  Dangerous times - but not any more!!  Just print and cut :-)

The little crocheted flower is from Pam, my Secret Santa at The Bug Bytes.  The button was found, after I completed the card, in my Mum's old button tin.  I have had this tin, since she passed in 2003 and only now am I using them.  It's just the perfect colour to go with those papers, don't you think!

I used a white gel pen to go around the edges for my faux stitching - I think it looks real neat.  I popped up the sentiment image to give it a bit of depth.

The inside of the card to finish off!


There you have it - my card all done and dusted:-)  Now its your turn to head on over to Polka Doodles for this weeks challenge.  You have until 12:00pm GMT on Sunday 27th January to enter.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Clear It Out Challenge Blog- Theme: Circles  and from Stash: Anything Goes (closes 31 Jan)

Simon Says Stamp and Show - Challenge: Love Lace (closes 20 Jan)

Our Creative Corner - Challenge: Shabby Chic style (closes 18 Jan)

Dutch Dare Card Challenges - Challenge #200: Buttons, Buttons (closes 23 Jan)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

26 comments:

  1. Having fun with your SCameo! So happy for you, Karon. And this card is proof that every crafter should have one!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card.... love the embellishments and gorgeous colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! LOVE the sentiment, the color combo and the beautiful trim!!!
    Another beautiful card!
    TFS and have a GREAT Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Karon, I always love your work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how this turned out Karon! That bit of lace you found is perfect! Adorable card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Clear it Out!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Circles, circles everywhere...what a great take on the challenge...thanks for joining us @ Clear It Out challenge hope you stop by and play with us again...Lynn <((><

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and sentiment. The lace is a perfect touch here. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Karon! Love the touch of lace to it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card!! The lace looks beautiful!! The colors and sentiment are fabulous!! And I love your new blog header, too!! Happy Friday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card Karon, love the touch of lace and your beautiful layout. Pink is one of my top colours, really love it. Glad you making good use of your Cameo like me.
    I see you are changing your blog, it's looking good. Hugs P x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karon has a warm homey feel. the lace and flower are so pretty Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ever sweet! I love all the crochet on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is so pretty.
    The lace a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Karon, this is such a gorgeous creation! The lace and crocheted flower are stunning and pair so well with the lovely papers. The special button was indeed a perfect touch for this card. The print and cut work looks incredible, as does all of your beautiful inking. The recipient of this card will truly treasure it. :o) Wonderfully done as always, my friend! I hope you have a crafty and happy weekend! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks everyone for stopping by and leaving such wonderful bloggie love:-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is super sweet, and very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've used that lace well in your beautiful creation. That Cameo is definitely being put to good use. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous birthday card! Love the antique lace & the pretty crocheted flower. Sweet card.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Clear It Out challenges. We hope to see you again.
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. So so pretty Karon.....love the gorgeous touches of lace. Love how you embellish the inside of the card too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. a very Beautiful card!!Love your new look!Awesome!
    Have a Wonderful Weekend,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness Karon, your card is BEAUTIFUL!! I'm so sorry I didn't make it over in time to see it for OCC, but I am so happy you entered it into the Dutch Dare challenge. Love that you found that beautiful lace and I'm crazy over that crocheted flower and button center :) Gorgeous work!!

    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  22. please forgive me for being so behind in my catching up! I was wondering what you had up your sleeve with your sneak peek! THIS CARD IS AMAZING! LOVE Karon! I love the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Karon, what a sweet card. I love the color peach that you chose to work with. Very pretty and very feminine.
    The softness of the crochet blossom, really adds some sweetness.
    Thank you for playing along with us @ OCC

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card.love the dimension and trim.Great use of the cameo.I havent cut from my cameo in months I think.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...