Monday, 28 January 2013

Spring Daisy's!

Hi my fellow crafterteers, I know there's no such word - but it sounds good :-)  I hope you all had a fabulous weekend and were able to get into your craft rooms.

Spring you say!  It has been so cold here this last week and I'm talking real cold, -40c (-40f) with the windchill some of the days, that I didn't want to think of winter.  So I coloured up this lovely image from one of the Polka Doodles CDs called A Double Sprinkle of Kraft, it just says to me Spring - with the lovely daisys.


Firstly, I cut her out using the offset feature in Silhouette Studio - I just love how you can adjust the amount of white you want to show - and look at how well it cut it out.

Then I coloured her up with my Spectrum Noir markers, trying to do the hair; blonde seems reasonable to do, its the darker hair colours I have trouble with.


I popped up the image on top of a Spellbinders Big Scalloped Rectangles, which I have inked round the edges.


The little sentiment stamp is an Inkadinkado stamp from a set called All Occasion Inchies.  I layered it up and inked the edges, as I did for all the layers on the card.  My papers are also from another Polka Doodles CD called Sundae of the Seasons.  

A little bit of tulle and a fancy bow to finish off the front. and then I followed the theme through to the inside of my card.


I really enjoyed experimenting with my Cameo and the offset feature - it was so easy to do and I love how accurate it is.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Digistamps4joy - Challenge #59: Anything Goes (closes 4 Feb)

My Paper Crafting - Digi Desserts Fridaze Jan 25 (closes 31 Jan)

Dream Valley Challenges - Challenge #49: Girls, Girls, Girls (closes 1 Feb)

One Stitch at a Time - Challenge #148: Use a Digi (closes 2 Feb)

Love to Create Challenge Blog - Challenge #50: Anything Goes with a Sentiment (closes 3 Feb)

The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop Blog - January Challenge #18: Flowers and Ribbon (closes 1 Feb)

Inky Chicks - Challenge #2: Becky's Bingo Grid (I used Ribbon/sentiment/flowers) (closes 5 Feb)


I really appreciate you all stopping by - welcome to some new followers and thank you to everyone, for your continued encouragement and bloggy love.

Happy crafting.

35 comments:

  1. Love the tulle. Beautifully coloured image, Karon. Stay warm!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Karon for the lovely spring card, it is much needed, we are dealing with the same temps... I love your word, it does sound great and should be added to the bloggy dictionary for sure!!! I really love how you did the bow on the ribbon and the colors are beautiful.hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the tulle is a nice touch here. I also agree that the offset feature provides a very nice finish. Your coloring is beautiful as ever, Karon. Craft faster to keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the image. We all need to be thinking Spring right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It feels like spring here, so this card is soo fitting! I love the tulle! Happy Monday Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty image and I'm so happy that you are enjoying your new toy..
    Your projects are all amazing, I bet it saves tons of time now...
    Enjoy your day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karon I love your card. Love the tulle and the way you have tied it makes it look like a curtain.Thanks for playing with us on DS4J.
    Hugs
    Pam
    ( commenting as DS4J DT and as your friend Pam :) )

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, Karon!! I love the sweet image!! The tulle ribbon is fabulous!! And the spring colors are perfect on a rainy day like today!! You are really making me want a Cameo!! Happy Monday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute and very beautiful card.
    Thanks for join us at Digistamps4Joy.

    Greetings karin DT member

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's bitter cold here too Karon so it's nice to see flowers. You've made a super card, really cute image which you've coloured beautifully. I like your colour scheme too. Big hugs P x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one lovely card. Very nicely put together. Love the image hugging the daisy. Nice extra touches. Thanks for joining in over at DDF.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. My dear friend, this is such a beautiful card. How gorgeous you colored that image! I love the colors and you did such a great job. :o) The papers you used are stunning and I am enamored with all of the tulle. I LOVE how you cinched it with a little bow. :o) This creation gives me warm fuzzies... it's filled with sweetness and springtime joy. :o) Beautiful job as always, Karon. I hope you stay warm and have a wonderful day. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's just way to cold, I can't imagine it being that cold. The last few days we've been in the 70s here :D Great card and beautiful coloring, TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. She's a cutie, Karon. It never is that cold here. I don't know how you deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So, so cute! And I'm so glad you're enjoying your Cameo. Thanks for linking up to Digi Desserts Fridaze at My Paper Crafting.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love how you draped the tulle down the side of your card! Wonderful look! Lovely card! Thanks for participating this weeks DDF at My Paper Crafting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that pretty spring image and I really like how you did the tulle and ribbon!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awe Karon, this is just precious! Your fun image and coloring are amazing - and love your beautiful ribbon too. This just brings me joy :)!!!
    Hugs,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  19. Are you telling me you cut out the image with your cutting machine!?!?

    Your card is adorable. I can't wait until spring. But I know it is far from coming :(

    Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awe shucks - thanks everyone - blush, blush:-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Karon:) What a lovely card and the image is so sweet and perfect!! I love the added tulle. Thanks for stopping by today and have a great evening!!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a great creation. Love everything about it. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful! Fab image and pretty design. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the colors you used, Karon! What a cute digi, too. Sweet card! Thanks so much for joining our Digi Dessert Fridaze Challenge this week at MyPaperCrafting.com.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE your new word!!As for your card,Very BEAUTIFUL my friend!A lovely image!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks all my fellow "crafterteers" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such an adorable digi and love the big tulle bow. Thanks for sharing with us at My Paper Crafting at Digi Desserts Fridaze.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love how you used the scalloped rectangle in the back! And very delicate cutting around the edges of your image :) Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with Love to Create!

    Mei (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely card.

    Thanks for joining with us at Love to Create this week.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous card!

    Thanks for joining the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop Challenge.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  31. A great card! Thanks for joining our Girls, Girls, Girls challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  32. wow fab image and great colours, thanks for sharing at osaat hugs trisha x dt

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous girlie creation! Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just lovely Karon, Thank you for joining us over at Love to Create Challenges.
    Amanda LTCDT

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...