Sunday, 24 February 2013

A Bit of Lovin'

Hi all my crafty peeps.  It's Sunday and I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.

A quick update on Emily, her blood tests came back normal - her ultrasound results won't be back until next week - no news is good news.  She has, however, nearly lost her voice!   If you don't know Emily - that could be quite a good thing LOL!  She can be quite the chatterbox, but I can see me having to take her to the Drs again, as she is now having difficulty swallowing :-(

Also wanted to tell you all how proud I am of Shannon - she made the Honour Roll for her first semester at High School :-)

Earlier last week, I gave you a sneak peak of a card that I made for Andy.  He has now received it and therefore I can now share it with you.

A bit of lovin' for my hubby:-)


I know!  It's a super simple card and not a lot of details, but I loved this jar after seeing a bloggie friend, Karen, Kaleidoscopic Sparkles, use it.  If you don't know Karen yet, you really must check out her blog, her creations are stunning! 

The jar is from the Silhouette store, here.   I did cut out out more hearts and didn't use the closed part of the lid, as I wanted to be placing hearts in the jar!


The sentiment is by me and I printed it on some creamy card stock and made it into a little banner.  Inked the edges of all the layers and the banner.  The papers are from a Minds Eye 6 x 6 paper card stack called Love Me.

For the inside, I used the papers from the front of the card and the same creamy card stock as the banner.  Stamped a little trio of hearts in the corner.  And of course I wrote mushy stuff inside afterwards, LOL!


So just a quick card - hope you like it!  Hubby said he did, and the girls sent him some too.  Will have to share the ones that the girls make next time :-)  Yep, there will be more soppyness!!!

Thought I would share the sentiment - if you want it :-)  Left click on the sentiment - should enlarge it and then right click to save - hope it works.

JPEG

PNG

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

27 comments:

  1. Hey Karon I love that! The card doesn't need any extras as on some less is certainly more and this is one of them. The sentiment echoes what is going on with the jar and so it says so much, everything matches well, more would spoil it. Very clever thinking. Not surprised Andy loves it cause it's fab honey! Hugs Polly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Polly. A card doesn't always need extras to be extraordinary like your card. Sometimes less is more. Trying to edit myself is something I am trying to learn. Your hubby is a lucky guy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Karon and I am sure your hubs is loving all your sweet notes to him!!!!
    Thanks for sharing, congrats to your daughter for making honor roll and hope Emily is feeling better really soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news and great card!!

    TFS,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card, Karon. Totally cute. Does Emily still have her tonsils?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does - took her to the Drs this am - they tested for strep but negative. Have to get her some puffers to help ease the cough and see how that goes:-) No school tomorrow, me thinks:-(

      Delete
  6. Wow congrats to Shannon! (and to her parents)
    Glad its good news so far with Emily! I'm on day 20 of little or no voice. I too can be a chatter box. I bet my family has some of the same thiughts. Its the gift that keeps on giving. Seriously I hope she feels better REAL SOON!
    Your card is wonderful! I added a sketch in my "to do" binder. I was just thinking of what to post for today and thought my Valentine cards could easily used for other occasions. So my friend without even knowing it you helped me.
    Hugs D-
    dmcardmaker

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card Karon. I know he loved receiving it. Congrats to Shannon. Hope they are able to find out what is wrong with Emily soon. A sick child makes for a very frustrated mom.

    Have a great day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dear friend, thank you for the sweet words! What a surprise.. it's like overhearing someone saying nice things about you! Hehe! :o) I'm glad there's some good news for Emily. I'm keeping her in my prayers! She is in good hands! Congratulations to Shannon! :o) Now for your marvelous card... You've used this lovely file so beautifully. Extras are not needed, especially when the project is created with love. :o) I love that you made extra hearts and the papers are so pretty. He will hold this near and dear to his heart! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to Shannon!! What an awesome accomplishment!! I'm glad Emily's blood tests came back normal. Hopefully they will be able to determine what's wrong soon. Saying prayers for her and your family.

    Your card for your hubby is gorgeous!! I love the jar of hearts!! The colors are so beautiful!! Happy Sunday my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the idea of a jar of hearts! great card Karon
    Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is so so sweet.
    I love the hearts floating out of the jar :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so cute, love the sentiment! I hope the doctors can figure out what's going on soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is absolutely adorable! I love the jar and all those sweet hearts and the sentiment is just perfect! Hope all goes well with the Dr and you have your chatterbox back soon ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is great Karon, I love that little jar of hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute card, very sweet!


    www.inmycraftroom.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Karon! They say that sometimes less is more and I agree with that especially when it comes your amazing card.. Your husband must feel so loved all the time. The jar of hearts is just so sweet , love the colors Karon and you really couldn't have picked better papers... Thank you for sharing your loveable sentiment and YES I Know Karen and love her with all my heart, she does make the most stunning creations I have ever seen. I hope your daughter starts feeling better and so happy to hear about the results... enjoy the quite, lol hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this card!!! I love the papers.. they are fantastic!! And your inside.. always amazing!!! I love that little jar too!!! Gorgeous!!

    Really glad Emily's bloodwork came back normal. I hope they figure something out soon. I hope she feels better really soon!!! And congrats to an honor roll smarty :) That is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that jar full of hearts! Hope your Emily gets well soon and congrats to Shannon! I do hope I got the names right! :)
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like the stripes with the XO patterned paper. Very manish but still appealing. Nice card that I am sure Andy loved to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Karon love the sentiment and all the hearts in the jar...so charming...Karen

    ReplyDelete
  21. So so sweet, Karon. Love that jar of hearts and yummy papers.
    Congrats to Shannon and I hope Emily gets better soon.
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for all your fabulous comments:-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Karon:) OMG! super cute and your card totally inspires to use my jar die!! Thank you for stopping by my friend. Have a great evening!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope Emily is feeling better, and cheers to her making the honor roll -- I know how proud you must be.

    Karon, your card is really super cute and Andy just has to love it!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...