Monday, 18 February 2013

A little bit of this!

Hi everyone.  Hope you all had a fabulous weekend.  My girls are still off today, long weekend, for Family Day, so we are off to visit with some friends later.

I have some birthdays coming up and I fell in love with this adorable image drawn by Anna Stillwell from Cuddlebug Cuties it is a freebie and she can be found here.

I don`t know where my colour combo came from but it seems to work.  My card base is 6" by 4", I'm still using up my UK stash!


A friends little girl is having a birthday at the beginning of March and she loves pink!

The papers are from my stash - very old stash!  I'm trying to use papers that I have had for a long time, just because I forget what I have LOL!

This little girl image is called Amber and I love her ponytails.  I tend to err on the side of caution when it comes to hair colouring, so am sticking with what I can do reasonably well.  She is coloured with my Spectrum Noir markers and I cut her out using my Silhouette Cameo.


The little sentiment tag is from a Polka Doodles CD called Cherryblossom Lane, all the CD's at Polka Doodles are £9.99 (approx $16) for the month of February and free postage worldwide on purchases of £10 or more.  So add a little something else to your basket with the CD and there you go free postage.


I added some tulle, a sparkly button and a little bit of bling to finish off the front.  I also inked all the edges of all the layers and also the edges of the tag.

Here's the inside; the little butterfly stamp is from a See D's stamp set called Springtime Swirls.


I also wanted to share a sneak peek of a card I will be posting up later in the week.  Shh - its for Andy and it's a little bit silly (again) but I think he'll like it :-) I sent it in the mail yesterday, with some cards that the girls made for him too - we do miss and love him so much!


This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Stamping with the Dragon Blog Hop with a Twist - Code word STAMPING DRAGON (closes 1 March)

Sandy's Crafty Creations - February Anything Goes - Birthday (closes 28 Feb)

Challenges 4 Everybody - Challenge #14: Anything Goes (closes 1 March)

One Stitch At A Time - Challenge #151: Make it Girly (closes 23 Feb)

I hope you all have a fabulous Monday.  Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

24 comments:

  1. So girly and pretty Karon, You did a beautiful job coloring that adorable digital... I love your color combo and yes it certainly does work!! I can't wait to see the silly card you have made for hubby!eeeek!!! Enjoy Family Day! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Karon! Can't wait to see what you've done for Andy! I spy hearts so I know it's filled with love.

    Have a fabulous day!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, Karon!! The image is so sweet and you did such a gorgeous job coloring her!! I love the color combo!! OOhh, and I can't wait to see the card you made for your hubby!! The jar of hearts looks fabulous!! Happy Monday my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber is so cute! Nice job on the coloring, but also cute layout. I really like the tulle detail with the tag... might have to scraplift that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely image and a very Beautiful card!love the little hearst on Andy's card!cant wait to see it.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Karon. I love the colors, tulle. Can't wait to see Adndy's card.

    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pink is perfect for a girl's birthday card! I love that sweet image! Thanks for sharing where she is from! Love all the details of your card! Thanks for sharing this with my Happy Birthday challenge at Sandy's Crafty Creations.
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card Karon and very cute image. Loving the tulle with the cute little button and tag. Thanks for joining in with our Challenges4Everybody and good luck!
    Hugs, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  9. My dear friend, this sweet card is gorgeous! The birthday girl is going to love every inch of it. The colors are so pretty together and Amber is just a doll! You've colored her beautifully. :o) Tulle is always gorgeous and I'm sure that added textural element will be enjoyed. Kids love texture! The sparkly button and added gems are the perfect details. :o) I love your sneak peek, too... I think that's the mason jar I used based on the exquisite lid! I continue to be AMAZED at how precisely our Cameos cut those details. We are so blessed! :o) I hope you're having a sparkly day, Karon! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving all the pink. That's an adorable image, Karon. Love that background paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite colour! This is a really pretty girly card Karon, I have lots to use up like you but we still buy more :-) Must get my latest finished but my back has been playing up so I'm slower. Hugs Polly x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Family Day!
    The US needs this holiday.
    Love your card. TFS.
    dmcardmaker (AT aol)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is adorable.
    Great image and colouring.
    I love the tulle with the button...did you do this before..it looks familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute, I like the tulle trim!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how very, very sweet! Such an adorable little image and colored just beautifully! I love the layers and fun touch of tulle. Your little "sneak peek" is looking cute -can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this Karon! You had me at the tulle! :-) Your inking is just perfection as always!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much everyone - it makes my day, reading all your wonderful comments.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You found the code :-) great.. Beautiful project, and thank you for joining us over on Stamping Dragon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow I'm so impressed that you have cut her out using your cameo... I'm scared to do that with my images... Great colors combination and your coloring is wonderful.

    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at SDD and good luck. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. A great girly card :O)
    Thanks for sharing with us at One Stitch At A Time. Hope to see you back next week.. Good Luck in the draw :O)

    Choccy x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card and you also have the full code. thanks for joining us at SDD. Good luck. Jo Dt.xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...