Saturday, 23 February 2013

Let's Play Blogger Tag!

Hi every peeps.  So, one of my blog friends Tracy of Tracy's Treasures, tagged me to tell you all a little bit about myself.  I think this is a great way to really get to know us all and share some dirt information about ourselves.

The aim is to share some random inside information facts about ourselves and then tag some others to do the same.  These are the questions we have been asked to answer truthfully or otherwise LOL!

1. Where were you born?  I was born in the small Welsh village of Griffithstown, Pontypool and grew up in a town called Pontllanfraith (if your not Welsh - don't try to pronounce it LOL), South Wales, UK.  We emigrated here to Canada in September of 2005.

2.  Were you named after someone?  Nope, although my middle name is Christine - after my Mum.  And they just had to spell it different - with the O, and I spend my whole life telling people how it is spelt LOL!

3.  If you have children, how many do you have?   I have two girls, Shannon aged 14 who wants to be a vet and Emily who recently turned 12, but is probably 30 in her head, who wants to program video games!  I adore both my girls, they make me smile every day and they sometimes make me cry with frustration laughter and I would be totally lost without them.

4.  How many pets do you have?  We have a cat, Jess, she was adopted from the Humane Society back in December 2006.  She is black and white and for my UK friends you would know why she is called Jess.  Postman Pat had a black and white cat!  She is going to be 8 in December, she is not a lap cat but will come and give you cuddles or sit on your crafts, on her terms only.

5.  What was your worst injury?  Has to be the day when I was 14, I was doing some exercises - forward lunges on the knee when me knee popped and came out of its socket!!!  From that time on I have had a weakness and it hit me with a vengeance last year when I slipped in the shower and did it again - a few choice words were said and shall not be repeated here!   I had to pop it back in ahhhh!  And tried to get up, and out it came - ahhh more choice words were said!!  All that said and done, several months and some physio to get it better, I am now very cautious getting in and out of the shower.

6.  Do you have a special talent?  Not that I am aware of.  Some people say I make them laugh - is that a good or bad thing?!

7.  What is your favourite thing to bake?  I love baking brownies - a friend gave me a great recipe and it's very quick to make - great for when the kids ask "Can I take something to school because!"  I also make a mean Philadelphia Strawberry Swirl Cheescake, and awesome Coconut Cranberry Squares (always asked for as a regular Pot Luck) and a very mean (as told me by my kids) home made pizza (dough too).

8.  What is your favourite fast food?  The only thing I miss from the UK, Fish and Chips!  You just can't beat it.  We did come quite close to getting a really good effort in Halifax, Nova Scotia, on the sea front and there is a Scottish Pub here that does a reasonably good job.  As far as other fast food - I like chicken wraps or Chinese.

9.  Would you bungee jump?  Why? and not in a million years!  How stupid - throwing yourself off a bridge just tied to an elastic - yeah, right!

10.  What is the first thing you notice about people?  Oh now that is a difficult one!  I can usually tell if someone is going to be friendly and approachable by their mannerisms.  It can be something as simple as a smile, or a hug that will tell me if they truly mean it.

11.  When was the last time you cried?  Honestly!  When I spoke to Andy on the first weekend he was away in Winnipeg!  Or maybe it was this sad but loving story I read on Facebook on Valentines Day (I'm such a softy).


12.  Any current worries?  Emily, not being well and getting to the bottom of the problem. And Andy being away.

13.  Name three drinks you drink regularly.  Coffee, tea and water.

14.  What is your favourite book?  Has to be a series of books by Diana Gabaldon, The Outlander Series - I seriously could not put these books down.  A friend once gave me Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt and I thought OK I'll give it a go - its such a fabulous read!!

15.  Would you like to be a pirate?  Nope!  Definitely random!

16.  What are your favourite smells?  Has to be freshly baked bread, freshly baked cakes and a newly made bed at night!


Are you still with me! :-)


17.  Why do you blog?  My blog is for me.  I wanted to record the things I have made, other than just putting them in a box or giving them away and never seeing them again.  However, what blogging has done for me;  I have lots of fabulous new friends who are like minded and inspire me every day and I hope that in some small way I can inspire them too.

18. What song do you want played at your funeral?  I'm not an Atheist, I suppose you would call me Agnostic - a funeral is a way for people to say goodbye.  The song I would have played I don't know, however the poem I would have read out:

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!

Mary Frye (1932)

19.  What is your least favourite thing about yourself?  Not being able to take a compliment!  I find it extremely hard - don't know why - it just is:-)

20.  What is your favourite hobby?  Do you really have to ask?!  Crafting LOL!

21.  What do you look for in a friend?  Honesty!

22.  Name something you have done that you never thought you would do?  I ice skated - once LOL! Oh and oh oh oh - I skied once too LOL!!!  Never again - I don't want to break any bones!

23. What are your favourite things to do?  Nothing better than curling up with my hubby (when he's here) in front of the TV and watching a good film or fave TV program.  Oh and I suppose I like spending time with my girls LOL!

24.  Any pet peeves?  I hate people who don't look where they are going or stand in the middle of a door way chatting.  I hate those who park in a parking space like they own the place and then you have to climb in your car from the passenger side to get in and drive!  I did this once - when I was pregnant (8months)!

25.  What's the last thing that made you laugh?  Has to be my cat at the back door screen, having a stand off with a very brave squirrel - I'm easily amused :-)  And one of my Facebook friends keeps posting up silly pictures of cats, some of them are hilarious! Oh, and reading Tracy's answers to these questions :-)


Boy oh boy - did you make it all the way to here.  Are you ever coming back - pretty please!

Thanks for tagging me Tracy - I learnt a lot about myself!  Great questions.

Now as to who out there will be willing to do the same - I will tag some people but you don't have to do it if you don't want to.  But I'd love to learn a little more about ..... - in no particular order :-)

Jessica - Chick-n-Scrap
Lisa - A Mermaid's Crafts
Andie and Brandy - Contagiously Crafty
Norma - Little Honey Bee Studios
Migdalia - Crafting with Creative M

I will also do the same as Tracy :-)  And throw down the gauntlet to any of you out there who wants to share with us - please do - go on it's your turn :-)

I hope you all made it to the end of this post - phew!

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

19 comments:

  1. Well that was fun! I loved learning about you and I started to wonder at some point if we weren't separated at birth..LOL. Your answers were a HOOT and I especially loved the pet peeve. Imagining you 8 months pregnant trying to get in your car gave me hysterical laughter. Drives me nuts too! If people are going to insist on parking that way, the least they could do is leave a can opener so we can pry into our own vehicles. Do you suppose that's why they started making trunk monkey doors in the back seat?
    Awesome post and thanks for sharing.
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I loved reading your answers and learning more about you...this tag was so fun :)
    My daughter Heather's and my dream is to go to England for some fish and chips :)
    Also read Angela's Ashes...great great book.
    I loved ice skating as a kid, I could do twirl and jumps, guess I didn't mind the cold as much back then, lol. Hubby and I would go skiing every weekend...again the cold seems to keep me in now a days :)
    Your kitty looks like a fuller version of our Rose ;)
    Loved your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karon, I'm one of your blog followers. LOVED reading your answers to the questions! I'm originally from the UK - married a serviceman - 38 years ago now! You're absolutely right, nothing here compares to the fish and chips! If and when you visit the US, try Red Robin restaurant, their fish and chips come a close second. Love your blog and your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue - thanks so much. Andy and I are both ex-RAF. Andy did 18 I did just over 9:-) Coming to the US in March so will have to see if there is one local to Syracuse:-) Thanks again Sue:-)

      Delete
  4. This was a great way to get to know you a little better.
    THANK YOU for the help and encouragement to start my own blog.
    Today is day one!
    Thanks for being a good friend!!
    D-

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had so much fun learning more about you, Karon!! Your answers were fabulous!! I too was hooked on the Outlander series...couldn't put them down and they are not small books!! Thank you for tagging me...I will try to answer the questions soon!! I hope you have a wonderful Saturday my friend :)

    Hugs, Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to learn all about you ! Hugs.

      Delete
  6. How lovely to learn more about you, Karon! :o) I enjoyed reading through your answers! :o) Yet another way for you to bring smiles to your bloggie pals. :o) I hope you're enjoying a wonderful weekend, my dear friend! Lots of love to you and your sweet family!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great answers. You are definitely someone I would enjoy meeting. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! I love learning things like this about others :)


    www.inmycraftroom.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've did this before -- what a fun way of getting to know others and letting them know something about you!

    Hi, my sweet Karon! Thanbks so much for stopping by to check in on me; I'm so glad to be back and I've missed you all so!

    Still running through blogland now trying to get in some more hellos but I'll be back real soon!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by everyone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a joyful feeling that I got when reading your responses to the questions..Certain questions stood with me and made me think alot about how would I answer my questions.Thank you for allowing me and bloggie world to get to know more of you.Thanks for tagging me on this post.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope to be learning more about you! Have a fabulous week:-)

      Delete
  12. Oh Karon, I read every last word and enjoyed this immensely!!! I am not feeling so hot at the moment and yet I sat and laughed sooooo much , you are halarious!!!! I love learning so much about you, you would be so much fun to be around.. You are beautiful...(just say thankyou! I am being honest!, lol) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. So enjoyed getting to know you Karon! I too, read each one. :) That poem is one of my favorites and my daughter picked it to be read at my mother's funeral in 2011. I've told her I want a love song played at my memorial service. Not sure which one it is though. I hope to hear one way and just know that's it! But hope neither will need poems or songs for a long time yet!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm terribly behind on my blog reading. That darn job again... I'll try to pull something together about Brandy and I see if I can't get it posted this week. Thanks so much for featuring us. It sure brings a smile to our faces.

    Now, that is some interesting stuff about you, Ms. Karon. It is so nice to be able to share a little about ourselves with each other. Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope to be reading more about you both - it was so fun to share this and I really enjoyed doing this post.

      Delete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...