Monday, 4 February 2013

Missing You Today!

Hi everyone, the girls and I had a lovely weekend with Andy home.  He's back in Winnipeg now, and he won't be home until the end of February :-(

I am sharing a card that I made for hubby a week or so ago, but I couldn't share it with you until I knew he had received it.  It's a bit silly but there is a reason for the penguins and how appropriate they are. Hubby has his own website called Chilled SQL and he has a little mascot on there called Chilly - here he is.


So, when I was making this card, I made the penguin smaller in the background and a blue scarf to represent Andy, and then the one in front is me :-)  Told you it was silly.


The penguins are from the Silhouette store and they were just what I was looking for.

I tore some white paper to give it that rough edge to look like hills and then ran them through my Cuttlebug with the Devine Swirls folder.  I then inked the edges to make it look like mountains of cold snow.


The sentiment stamp was from the $1.50 bucket at Michaels, grabbed it as soon as I saw it, as this is probably going to get used quite a bit.  I popped the sentiment and the penguins to make them stand out a little.

For the inside, I just used some of the same paper and as it's so pale I didn't need to put a writing panel in, I just wrote straight on this.


So there you have it, a bit of silliness for my hubby - he did like it though and made him smile :-)

I hope you all had a great weekend, we did!  But sad to see him go back.  Never mind the time will hopefully go quickly.  Guess I'll have to make sure I get lots of crafting done.

Thanks for stopping by today and hope you all have a fabulous week.

Happy crafting.

22 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card ,love the papers and fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Chilly Willy... and NO this is not a silly card. I think its really sweet and a little sad. I love the snowy mountain effect. I don't I could manage the separation as well as you! Now get back and start crossing off the dates on the calendar.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is sweet and thoughtful. If silly makes Andy smile, then it can be silly too! The snow hills are cute and clever too. I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend. The end of February will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Karon your card is adorable. I love your little lovely penguins.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The penguins are adorable! You're so thoughtful, but it's so sad that you had to put so much snowy distance from you and husband penguin. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karon, this is too cute and so heartfelt. I'm sure he felt warm all over when he received it. I remember Chilly Willy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the penguins, glad it put some happy smiles on Hubby's face.... Aw must be hard having him to be gone most of his time working so far away from home...

    ReplyDelete
  8. awwwwwww!!!! You are the sweetest and so thoughtful, I love the silliness, it is my favorite part of life, your card is so adorable and I am so happy to hear you had such a great weekend with Andy!!!!!!!!!! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet, Karon. I am sure it brought a smile to his face.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet is this card. So cute and playful. Great colors. I know it had to brighten his day.

    Hugs Nana

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's not silly at all, it's so sweet!! I love the adorable penguins!! This is absolutely fabulous and so much fun!! Happy Monday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh he is so cute! Great card, I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your hubby time. Happy Monday, hope you're having a great day :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nope, not silly at all! Adorable is the word that comes to my mind! I think this is such a sweet card and the penguins are super cute. Love the sentiment and embossing. I'm betting you got a smile over this sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww Karon... this is precious! I would have never even thought silly.. it's whimsical and charming. :o) I LOVE that you made the penguins the two of you, especially given the significance of Chilly. :o) The embossing is so pretty and I love the frosty inking for the snowdrifts. The penguins are just so precious.. I want to hug them. :o) Beautiful as always, my dear friend. Your cards surely bring extra love to his heart while he's away. I hope the month goes by quickly for you. :o) Lots of hugs, my friend!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is adorable...hope you have a great week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such an adorable card Karon!!! So sad you are sad but you are right...the time will go by fast!!
    I bet he just LOVED this card!!!
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww your card is adorable.
    So sorry your hubby has to be away from you and your girls :(
    I did a card with owls...it was a spinner card and the owl spun up and down the hill ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks everyone for popping in and leaving your wonderful comments and enjoying some of my silliness :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sooo cute, glad you had a great weekend. Hugs P x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is fabulous, I like that embossed snow!!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...