Friday, 1 February 2013

Owl I Have to Say is ...

It's Friday!!!  Hubby arrives home late tonight for the weekend - can`t wait to see him. Already have lots of things planned for him.....................to do around the house LOL!

Can you believe it`s the 1st February?  We had some snow and freezing rain earlier in the week, so I am still dreaming of Spring here.

It`s also time for another Team B or the International Design Team (sounds cool doesn`t it) challenge over at Polka Doodles.  Our theme for this week is Lots of layers and include the colours red and pink.

Here is my wee bit of inspiration for you this week, with this lovely cute owl who is called Winnie.  She can be found on the Polka Doodles CD Double Sprinkle of Kraft, this CD has lots of lovely cute images for you to colour, there are also pre-coloured images and toppers for that quick card, embellishments, sentiments and many fabulous papers.


The patterned papers are from the new Cherry Blossom Lane CD which was released just before Christmas.  Once again Nikky out did herself and there are wonderful images. toppers, papers, embellishments, sentiments for Birthdays, Weddings, Celebration, Get Well and so much more.


Of course I cut Winnie with my Silhouette Cameo and I popped her up, along with the flowers to add depth to the card.  My card base is only 4.25" by 5" and yet the cut was perfect.  I coloured her with my Spectrum Noir markers.


I added  a lovely bit of tulle and can you see, can you see, I used a button LOL!  I've not really added many buttons to my cards, but I'm starting and I even criss-crossed some twine through the holes, like I have seen a lot of you do.

I used the same floral paper on the inside of my card.  I inked all the edges of all my layers, after last weeks disastrous day, I am remembering to do this before I stick everything down !


I hope you have all had a fabulous week and will take the time to go along and enter in this weeks challenge.

I might be MIA until at least, well, Monday LOL!  I wonder why?!!!!!

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

DL.ART Thankful Thursday - Challenge #102: Red or Pink (closes 5 Feb)

Simon Says Stamp - Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 6 Feb)

Digistamps4Joy - Challenge #59: Anything Goes (closes 5 Feb)

Tuesday Alchemy - Challenge #49: Anything Goes (closes 11 Feb)

Thanks for stopping by everyone.

Happy crafting.

25 comments:

  1. Very cute!! Enjoy your hubby time :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely adorable, Karon!! I love the sweet image!! You colored it beautifully!! The tulle ribbon is fabulous!! What an awesome card!! Enjoy your weekend with your hubby!! Happy Friday my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karon I am so happy for you, you must be so excited to see hubby!!! Yes we don't expect to see you this weekend, lol... Your card is more than a wee bit of inspiration, it is spectacular!!!! I love the sentiment, the way you colored the digital and those papers!!!! Beautiful job my friend... Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a great time with your DH. Woo hoo I say, beautiful card, very inspiring. Love the image. Happy weekend. Hugs P x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute owl image. Colored beautifully, too. Your card looks like spring. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card beautiful colors I love how you colored the image.
    Have a great weekend my friend.
    DIANA L
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    Ps I like your new blog look also-

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your cute cute card!!! That owl is so adorable!!!!!
    Awesome job!
    TFS and have a GREAT weekend....having your hubs do things around the house...LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #102 red or pink challenge
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet card!!


    www.inmycraftroom.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fabulous card! Love the soft colors, the sweet image and the papers.The tulle ribbon is a perfect touch. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at Tuesday Alchemy :)

    ReplyDelete

  11. Such a lovely card.
    Thanks for join us at Digistamps4Joy.

    Greetings karin DT member

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the way you used the net as a ribbon. It gave me an idea. Thanks for joining us at DigiStamps4Joy for this challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. My dear friend, I hope you have the most wonderful weekend with your sweet hubby home! YAY! I'm so glad he was able to sneak home for a visit. :o) Your card is so delightful! The owl is precious and I just love how you've colored her and popped her up for dimension. The papers are so pretty and I just crazy love that tulle. The button looks lovely. :o) Beautiful work as always, Karon. It is such a joy to see all of your creations. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card and that owl is just sweet. I sincerely hope that you enjoy your down time with the hubby. Stay out of the craft room... well for a couple days anyway. We'll look forward to having you back next week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is terribly cute, Karon. Winnie is such a hoot! (Sorry...I had to!). A beautifully composed card. I cannot help but notice what an indispensable tool the SC is.
    Have a fun weekend with the family...and make sure Andy does his chores by Sunday! ;-)
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute card. The owl is adorable. Great colors.

    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute Valentine! I like the tulle and your image is superb!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a great creation. Love everything about it. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Karon. Think cherry blossom lane is my favourite cd at the minute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Owl I have to say is this card is too adorable! Love that owl!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello my friend and Oh my goodness what a super sweet colorful card and that OWL is just too cute!! I hope you are enjoying your weekend!!! Thank you for always finding the time visit and leaving such sweet comments!!
    Big Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card is so stinkin' adorable.
    I really love that your machine can cut so nicely around the stamped image.
    I am still amazed by that.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you all for your fabulous comments - sending you all lots of bloggie love:-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love how you popped up the image! Super sweet card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This little owl is so cute! Love the tulle and button! It really finishes it!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...