Wednesday, 6 February 2013

Roses and Butterflies.

Hi there everyone, its my monthly visit over at The Bug Bytes and here is what I have to share with you all today.

I made this card for a dear friend and thought I would share with you how I make my leaves look a little bit more interesting.

Here is my finished card and then I will show you what I do to my leaves.


Firstly I cut all my leaves using the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge.  The leaves in my screen shot are on page 56 and page 62, the branch of leaves are on page 43.  I cut them out in lots of different sizes so that I always have a selection to work with.


Every leaf is then sponged with a dauber and some ink.


Then I use a stylus, to make the lines of the leaves.  I use a soft foam pad underneath the leaf, you could use a soft mouse pad too.  First the centre line and then the veins.

(Sorry for the colour on this one - its because of the pink mat)


Next I pinch the end of the leaf to give it a little bit more shape.


And there you have it, a leaf that doesn't look so flat.  I do the same with all the leaves before I even start layering the card.


I also rolled up a selection of different size flowers from the Cricut Flower Shoppe cartridge, using Scallop 1 on page 13 and Ruffle 1 on page 15.


For the base of my card (which is 5" by 5") I used some music paper from a Me and My Big Ideas card stack, called Forever Watercolour.  My swirly frame is from Birds Cards - she has some fabulous cut files and used my Silhouette Cameo.


I popped up the swirly frame on some pop dots and then the Thank You sentiment is popped up on two thickness' of foam tape, the stamp is an InkaDinkaDo Inchies stamp.

Here's a close up of the flowers and the little butterfly.  My little butterflies are also from Birds Cards, the smallest butterfly is actually cut at 2cm with my Cameo!!!


My card to the side, to show a little bit of the depth.  The little hearts on the thank you, are from the inside of the smallest butterfly.


And of course it wouldn't be quite finished, without doing the inside.


I hope you have enjoyed taking a look at my creation.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Flutter by Wednesday - Challenge #226: Anything Goes but include butterfly or fairy (closes 12 Feb)

Joyful Stamper - Inspire Me Fridays #94: Anything Goes (closes 7 Feb)

Challenges 4 Everybody - Challenge #13: Anything Goes (closes 15 Feb)

Avadares Challenge Blog - Challenge #8: St Patricks or Green (my leaves! - closes 28 Feb)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

29 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Karen. Love the frame. The leaf tutorial is great and so helpful. We have many flower tutorials but I haven't seen leaf. Thanks fir sharing.
    Hugs
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Karon!!! Love the leaf tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Geez Karon, this post is amazing!! I loved Bird's SVG and haven't used it yet, but now that I see it on your card, it's a must and your leaf tutorial is superb! That looks like a tray of real leaves and all your beautiful rolled flowers. Such a gorgeous card and very inspiring post. :)
    Thank you for sharing this.
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Karon, thanks for sharing you leaf technique! All the work and care you put into them shows, they are gorgeous. Beautiful card my friend :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. The leaves and flowers look so real. Thanks for the tut on how to make them.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so gorgeous Karon!!! WOW love the texture on those leaves...and awesome flowers!!!
    TFS and have a GREAT hump day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karon, what a gorgeous card, WOW. I love that technique for the leaves, it makes them look life like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karon,this is absolutely splendid. Thank you for the tutorial on how to make your leaves. If you don't mind, I would like to share your post on my FaceBook page. Also, I would it if you would enter your leaves photo in our newest challenge at Avadares Challenge Blog called, "Going Green".
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is beautiful, Karon! I love how you do the leaves and flowers! Wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is elegant and beautiful, Karon!! I love how you give dimension to the leaves!! The flowers are gorgeous!! What a fabulous card!! Happy Wednesday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh goodness! Karon, this is exquisite! The scene is stunning and I am in AWE of your leaves! I wish I had a stylus! When I eventually get one, I will always do my cut-out leaves like this... thank you for the inspiration. (I'll be sure to thank you in my post when I do it, of course!) They are just spectacular. This entire card is so beautiful. Marvelous use of Bird's amazing files and the flowers are so sweet, too. Beautiful, love, gorgeous card. :o) Have a sparkly day, my friend!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just gorgeous,love the design and beautiful flowers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karon LOVE your card. TFS.
    Thanks for the leaf tutorial.
    (Sorry been MIA lately. Life ot in the way.Stayed home sick today.)
    D-

    ReplyDelete
  14. stunning card Karon, and just love how you've done the leaves and roses.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous and love what you did with the leaves . Thanks for sharing with us at challenges 4 everybody hugs trisha x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful work Karon, I love your colour choices and the fab embellishments. Really lovely! Hugs P x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful!! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Karon thank you so much for all the details in explaining how you made this stunning card just heavenly. Your details are sheer perfection. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad you entered your beautiful leaves in the Avadares Challenge Blog, Karon. Good luck in the draw.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is stunning.
    Your flowers and leaves are gorgeous...nice dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is so beautiful I'm sure your friend knew your heartfelt thank you. I love creating dimension with the foam pad. Everyone is right in that blogs typically discuss creating dimension with flowers, but not commonly with leaves. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card. Thank you for giving such a great tutorial on how to make the leaves. So glad you could join us at Avadares for this challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my word!!!!!!!!!! Karen what an amazing post and tutorial..I love what you did to the leaves and love the depth of your card, the musical paper in the back stood out right away... this would have to be my favorite card you have made to date...stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be adding this page to my favorites for when I recreate this!! Thank you and awesome work!! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW - once again you amaze me with your wonderful comments - thank you so much everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my Karon! What a labor of LOVE! and I love this! The tutorial is just great! Crafty Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Crikey can you make a flower or what Karon, your card is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wowzer! What a stunner, Karon! Love everything about it. Thanks for sharing how you made the leaves and flowers.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stunning!love it.Luck friends of yours getting this beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  29. So so pretty.....love the gorgeous frame and the flower spray is gorgeous! Thanks for a great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...