Tuesday, 26 February 2013

Spring Bluebells!

Hi everyone - how you all doing?

Emily is still off school - really bad cough but fine in herself.  She's been really good and enjoying the late mornings in bed :-)

Shannon gets her braces off today!  Three years of having braces on, so its going to feel really strange.

Andy comes home this weekend - Friday night late, until Monday afternoon - big huge smiles :-)

Anyway, on to my card for today.

I love these Dearie Dolls images and really don't get to use them as much as I would like.  Mary Ellen is so generous with her images and does so many.  The image I have used is from a series of Flower girls that Mary Ellen has done and this one is Bluebell.  She is coloured with my Spectrum Noir markers - and I really like the blues on this one.  Used my Silhouette Cameo to cut her out.


The base papers are from my stash and the layer under the Dearie Doll is from a DCWV stack, called Blossoms and Butterflies.


Isn't she just adorable. I popped the image and the tag top, up on some foam tape to give a little dimension to the card.

I love bluebells, and I remember when I was little, going to the bluebell fields and picking them and then knocking on neighbours doors - with bunches galore.


I inked all the edges of all the layers.  My little tag is from a Polka Doodles CD called Cherryblossom Lane and I added a little flower off a corsage of flowers that I butchered :-)  I added three little pearl dots and a little bit of ribbon to finish off the front.


For the inside I used the paper from the front and then stamped a little set of flowers, with the same ink that I used for the edges of the layers.

I'm hoping that this week goes quite quickly - so looking forward to seeing Andy and the girls are gettin really excited too.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Whimsical Designs - Whimsical Wednesday Challenge: Going Green - add green (closes 6 Mar)

One Stitch at a Time - Challenge #152: Use a Digi (closes 2 Mar)

Sentimental Sundays - Challenge #143: Flowers, Flowers and more Flowers + sentiment (closes 2 Mar)

Eureka Stamps - Challenge #28: Flower Power (closes 3 Mar)

My Craft Spot - Monday Challenge #88: Pop it Up (closes 4 Mar)

Spectrum Noir - Feb/March Challenge: Add a bit of Bling (Pearls/glitter/rhinestones/jewels)(closes 14 Mar)

Bearly Mine Challenges - Challenge #75: Anything Goes (closes 4 Mar)

Digistamps4Joy - Challenge #61: Birthdays are Fun (closes 5 Mar)

Top Tip Tuesday Challenge - Tag your It - include a tag or make a tag (closes 4 Mar)

3 Girl Jam Challenge - Challenge #12: Anything Goes with ribbon (closes 28 Feb)

Lias Stampz - Challenge #35: Anything Goes (closes 28 Feb)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

38 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card!! The image is so sweet!! She's colored beautifully!! The design and colors are so awesome!! I hope the week flies by for you so you can enjoy Friday evening with your hubby!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a happy card, I think we can all tell you are super excited about having Andy home (know what it feels like having a hubby who worked away from home for months at a time and how the excitement in the home mounted just before he came home - enjpoy your time together :) )Hope to see you back next week at OSAAT and good luck in this weeks challenge :) Hugs Jane OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete

  3. Wow, great work, well done and good luck!
    Hugs, Jackie
    Digistamps4Joy.DT
    Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and so beautifully put together.
    Thank you for joining our challenge at
    Digistamps4Joy this week and good luck.. Ursula Uphof DT member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the happy spring colours. That image is so adorable. Bet you're counting the days now!
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet image, Karon.Colored beautifully, I might add.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, isn't she just adorable! Cute card, Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear your daughter is much better and husband will be home soon.Beautiful birthday card.love the colors and how she pops out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card,love the fab image and layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you are having a busy week Karon so it should fly in. Hope Emily feels better soon and that Shannon enjoys licking her teeth again lol. Your card is just so sweet, love the little pattern on her dress.

    ReplyDelete

  11. Such a lovely card.
    Thanks for join us at Digistamps4Joy.
    Hope you join us next time.

    Greetings karin DT member

    ReplyDelete
  12. An adorable card. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't she a cute young lady. I am loving what you are doing with the Silhouette! What a lovely spring card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh she is soooooooo cute!!!!! Love this card Karon and all the layers!!! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is just adorable. Coloring is perfect. Great pattern papers and layering.

    Have a great day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is so sweet, beautiful job coloring too. Have a wonderful day my friend :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Karon this card is the sweetest thing! I love the image and the colors are so pretty! It has me begging for Spring!

    Great card as always!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how cute! The image is so sweet and the tag and flower are gorgeous! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a GREAT card Karon! LOVE the sweet image and the beautiful colors!!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT night!

    ReplyDelete
  20. really cute card karon that image is sweet for sure :) thanks for sharing with us at WWC :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Karon- Your card is adorable. Love all the beautiful spring colors, too. TFS.
    D-

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so cute great colors and adorable image--- I like your new blog look!! Sorry I have been hit and miss lately on visiting.

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a wonderful creation. Love everything about it. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for all your fabulous comments my friends:-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a fabulous card.
    Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Designs this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card my friend. We all try different things with our Cameo don't we. I've done design but no tracing, you've done tracing but no design. We all get there in the end but by another route. I love your image, she is pretty and your lovely blues compliment each other beautifully. Great card. Hugs Polly x

    ReplyDelete
  27. My dear friend, this card is so beautiful and sweet. I too love bluebells (and would love her dress!) and you've colored this sweetie so wonderfully. The papers are so whimsical and play together beautifully. :o) This card is bursting with sweetness and I love it. Marvelous as always, Karon! I'm so excited that your hubby will soon be home for a visit! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a sweet and springy card. Love the image and soft colors. Thanks so much for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Adorable! I love the Dearie Doll images and this is so pretty in blue.
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely card! Your image is gorgeous, and I really like the colors you chose. Thanks for joining us at LiaStampz!

    ~Ashley
    LiaStampz DT

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a sweet card :)
    this image is adorable.
    So happy your hubby is coming home this weekend...there will be lots of smiles and hugs this weekend I am sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a sweet card! Love the colors! Thanks so much for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. A DARLING card my friend!!Adorable image!!SWEET!
    Have a FABULOUS day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is so cute, I love the bright green background agains the light blue!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous! Love your coloring & your papers. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sweet card- thanks for joining in at Whimsical Wednesdays this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a cute image, and your coloring is great on her. Thanks for playing along with us at Bearly Mine Challenges.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...