Tuesday, 12 February 2013

What?! A Masculine Card!!

Hello out there in crafty bloggie land.  How is everyone doing this fine day?  Well cold fine day. OK cold grey day!  Roll on spring :-)

So for those of you who are my regular followers, you will know that DH is currently working away in Winnipeg.  We have just had confirmation that his contract has been extended and he will now be there until at least the end of August :-(   Told the girls on the weekend, they were a little upset, OK more than a little.  So, the girls and I had a good old Mom and girls talk, cry and then group hug.  We miss him so much, but he will be home at the end of each month for a long weekend.

Today, I thought I would share with you this lovely Emma Canning image, she is an exclusive designer to Polka Doodles and her digital images can be found in the Polka Doodles shop for download.  She has lots of fabulous images.  Also Polka Doodles is trying to branch out into the online digi download world and Nikky is constantly adding new things, from single images to digital bundles.  So why not pop along and take a look see.


I don't know about you, but male cards are a pain in the behind.  They just don't come naturally.  I coloured this image with my Spectrum Noir markers and I have to say I am pleased with how he turned out.  Perfect for a male teen.


My papers are from my stash and the sentiment is from When the Scrap Hits the Fun.  I inked all the edges in black ink.  Remind me not to do that again - it gets everywhere!


I popped up the image layer and the sentiment layer to give some dimension to the card.  Also added some brads to that middle layer.  See no frills!

I used some of the papers for the inside of my card.  The little stamp is from the CTMH stamp set that came with the Art Philosophy bundle.


And there you have it - a male teen card!  Yay!

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Crafting When We Can - Challenge #37: Cards for boys (closes 16 Feb)

Challenges 4 Everybody - Challenge #13: Anything Goes (closes 15 Feb)

DL.ART Thankful Thursday February Linky Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 28 Feb)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

29 comments:

  1. Male cards are so hard to make but you did an AWESOME job with this one!! Love the image and your card LO!!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool Karon, I love it. Inspiration doesn't come easy to me for male cards so I might pinch your idea :-) Great to hear from you yesterday, hang on in there girl! Hugs Polly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed it with this masuline card, (MY BIGGEST CHALLENGE!!!) Love the digital and coloring is super!!! So sad to hear your hubby will have to work longer, it is so nice you girls have each other , the group hug is so special and I feel you all of you. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this card, and the colors are great. Very nice.

    Karen B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect for a young teen, love the cute dude and your papers...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card! I have so much trouble with "guy cards", but this is perfect! Your coloring is amazing - awesome shading on that jacket and I love that punch of bright, vivid blue! Sorry to hear about your hubby's extended job. It has to be hard to be separated for such a long time. Hoping the time goes quickly for you and your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so struggle male cards. You nailed this one. Love the images and the colors are perfect.

    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card, Karon!! The image is fabulous and you colored him perfectly!! What an awesome masculine card!! I'm sorry your hubby will be gone longer :( Have a great day my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so perfect for teen males. He even has a little attitude. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My dear friend, I am so sorry to hear that your hubby will be away so much longer than anticipated. Lots of extra hugs for you and your girls today! I'm glad you were there so perfectly for them... you are as lovely as a mom as you are a friend. :o)

    As for your card, you did an amazing job! I get filled with fear when making a masculine card.. you flawlessly stated how I feel: it's just unnatural! Hehe. But I must say, you conquered it. The paper and colors are perfect and you chose a marvelous image. He's colored up so nicely. I love the brads down the side on the middle layer. Wonderful creation as always, Karon! And thank you for your extremely kind words yesterday... I hope you always see the incredible beauty in your own creations. :o) Your work is incredible, beautiful, and represent so much of what I love about this crafty passion. :o) I hope you have a twinkly night, my talented friend!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hang in there Karon! Great masculine card, I like the vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Karon!

    Bummer about your hubby being away for so long :(

    I just adore your manly card, the color combo rocks!

    Sending you & your girls a great big HUG.

    Lisa
    CRe8n4u

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute card and image! You did a fantastic job coloring too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awe - this is so perfect Karon!! I love your bright colors and perfect coloring of this fun image. And yes, I know what you mean about masculine cards LOL. I'm glad you and the girls had some time together - It must be difficult being with hubby, but having them with you is a blessing. Hugs to you my sweet friend, and to the girls too :).
    Blessings,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card Karon. I love thecharacter and what great masculine colors. have a wonderful day
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes February Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great masculine card.
    Such a sweet image and you coloured him in very nicely :)
    Aww I feel for your daughters :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. K-
    Love your card. TFS.
    I bet that was a hard conversation.
    I know you all miss him dearly.
    Hang in there my friend!!
    D-

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello my dear friend:) I'm sorry to hear that hubby will be gone till August, I'm sure it's not easy for you and the girls:) just hand in there my friend. Thank you for continuing to stop by and your much appreciated comments!! OMG! your card is so very cool and the coloring is fantastic, I love his blue jacket and the sketch!! Have a fabulous Wednesday.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card and beautifully coloured. Thank you for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Karon I LOVE this card!!! I have all boys and have such a hard time finding/making cards for them and their friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute card, I have a hard time with masculine cards. Love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm sorry that you are missing your husband, it must be very hard having him away from you. I hope you have a lovely upcoming visit with him. Your card is great! I love that blue you've used, it looks excellent with the black.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous card for a guy! I love the pretty blue colors. I know it may not seem like it to you but the calendar days are rolling by pretty quickly so August will be here soon! I know you miss your hubby! Hang in there!!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  24. wicked cool masculine card love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks everyone - really appreciate the fab comments:-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sooo cute - love you card hun it's gorgeous x x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey!!! Dropping in to wish a very happy Valentine's Day!!!!! Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is fab, Karon. I'be been staring at that image by Emma...not knowing what to do with it. So, thanks for the inspiration. I agree... boy cards are such a pain! Glad to hear you and the girls are ok... it's tough, but it's only for a few months.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  29. A fab male card Karon. A very versatile design depending on the papers you use it could be used for man or boy.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...