Saturday, 16 March 2013

A Little Haul

Hi everyone.  You may remember, that I mentioned that I was taking the girls to the U S for a few days shopping.  Well, we had a great time and no problems at the border crossing.  We had a fabulous time at the Waterloo Shopping Outlets and the girls had some lovely new clothes.

Now, of course, I couldn't go all that way without going into some craft stores and I managed to go into 4 of the different ones.  Michaels, Joanns, AC Moore and Hobby Lobby.

So, I picked up a few things - some little bargains too.  The big thing I did notice was how much different the prices were, compared to what we pay here in Canada!!  Some of things were less than half the price (normal) than what we pay here with a coupon!

Shannon bought herself a flower loom and has been busy making little flowers - I will be using some of them on my cards in the near future, they are really pretty.  This is the loom she bought.


And here are some of the flowers she has already made - aren't they pretty.  The two black and white on the left are 2" in diameter and a double flower and the little flowers are 1.5" in diameter and a single flower.  I figured with a nice little button in the middle they will be a lovely little embellishment.  She is practicing other ones and getting quite good.  Going to get her to try some with ribbon and twine too.


Here is my little haul from Michaels.  The paper packs were reduced to $1.79 in the clearance isle, so I couldn't pass those up, as well as the little gems, which I can cut up if I need to.  You will see in there the Tim Holtz distressing tool - this was my bargain!!  Here in Canada in Michaels it is $11.99, so when I saw it for the normal price of $6.99 and I could use a 40% off coupon, I got it for $4.53!!!  BARGAIN!


Next up was Joanns.  The bargain here was the Fiskars corner rounder for $2.57!  The Cuttlebug Repositional Folder thingy (LOL) was $5 thinking I bought a bargain, well sort of - except I didn't realise you had to have the special folder - to use it.  If you have a special folder for one of these let me know how you use it ;-)  A normal Cuttlebug folder called Juli's Garden 40% off. I also picked up a selection of $1 stamps - I figured some of these stamps would be great for male cards and I love the 7 Gypsies Train one.


Next up is AC Moores.  I picked up a few Tim Holtz embossing folders (Postcard and Sheet Music, Diamond Plate and Riveted Metal, Retro Cirque Set) as they were on sale for $6.99 for each pack of 2 - BARGAIN!  I bought the Spellbinders one (Simplicity) because it's double sided and hadn't seen one of these before.  The stamp set was because I fancied something a little different and the quilling tool, because I only have a teeny one and have never been able to find one here in the shops.


And finally - a bit of a disappointing visit to Hobby Lobby, wasn't that impressed but managed to get this Sizzix embossing folder (Sugar and Starry Night set) on clearance.


So there you have it, some great stamps and some fabulous embossing folders.  All I need to do is get back in the craft room and start using them :-)  Back to school for the girls on Monday, so back to the craft room for me :-)

Have a greats weekend.

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy crafting.

24 comments:

  1. Wow Karen you have quite a haul there!!! I need a good shopping spree too. I am so happy you got across the boarder and had a fantastic time!! I have no idea what the repositional thingy is used for, lol... I can't wait to see the cards you make cause I am sure you are itchin to use your new products!!!! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I forgot to mention Karon that I am facinated with the flower loom!!!! Your daughter did an amazing job making them, I can't wait to see those on a card and I have to get one!!!! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you had a fab crafty haul! have fun using them all! and the flowers look fantastic!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a GREAT shopping trip!!!
    I love that flower loom! your daughter did an AWESOME job with those flowers and i can not wait to see them on a project!
    Thanks for sharing all your goodies and I can not wait to see what you make with them!
    Have a GREAT weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful shopping trip. I love playing with new things. I happened to go to Joann's a couple of weeks ago and Spellbinders were 50% off. I bought several.
    I almost bought the Cuttlebug thing till I realized I wouldn't be able to use my folders on it. I love new gadgets but not when you have to buy a whole different set of things for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That flower loom is awesome Karon - wow what great bargains you got.... That's why I buy 98% of my crafts on-line, here on the islands everything is just so high in cost....
    TFS - enjoy playing with those goodies this weekend....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you girls had a fabulous shopping trip. Love Shannon's flowers they are beautiful. You really did some shopping. Look forward to seeing some wonderful creations coming from Canada.

    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome shopping!Great Deals!!Can't wait to see what you create with all your Goodies.
    Have a Wonderful Weekend,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you did well and quite right too as you have saved yourself a fortune really! I have one of those wee flower looms and you urged me to get it out again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those flowers are gorgeous!! And wow, what an awesome haul of goodies!! I can't wait to see what you create with all of it!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. You found some great finds and at great prices :)
    I am excited to see what you create with all your goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoo...hoo...now that's a shopping trip! I love the cute little flowers you made, very cool! Have fun playing with all of your new goodies - looking forward to seeing what you create with them !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karon- Looks like you had a wonderful time. Don't you just love a good bargin?
    I got some new goodies today. 5 new embossing folders.
    Have fun crafting!
    D-
    designsbydragonfly.blogsopt.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...fabulous bargains, a good excuse to spend up big! I have one of those flower looms, I really should start using it, the flowers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! Nothing but crafty goodness here! Love your haul Karon! Looks like you were a savvy spender too! Good job! Great stuff! Enjoy!!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooh, look at all those crafty blessings! :o) You chose such gorgeous goodies, Karon! I'm excited to see the masterpieces you will soon create with them. :o) I hope you had a sparkly and happy weekend, my dear friend!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did good girl!! Great hauls, enjoy playing will all your new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! what a great hall, I can't wait to see some projects using those fabulous goodies!! I was stopping to say hello and to wish you a great Monday!!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cha-ching! You made a haul all right! Great that you found some bargains and got a lot of new things to play with!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  20. KARON! You had quite the haul yourself! How fun is this! :D Enjoy your crafty goodness. A little jealous. :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Boy I just love the way you shop! You can come shop with me anytime! I have an outlet mall in my town and I live in Southern California! That may entice you to come and visit and shop with me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks everyone - we had a great time:-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Shannon's loom-flowers are so pretty and I can't wait to see how pretty they'll look on your pretty cards!

    WOW!!! What a haul!!! I'd say you "racked" up my friend! Have fun with it all and waiting to see what you do!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...