Friday, 15 March 2013

Easter is on its way!

Hi everyone.  How are you all doing?  I hope you have had a fabulous week.

This weeks challenge over at Polka Doodles is Happy Easter.  I hope you are all saving up your chocolate allowance for all those yummy Easter Eggs :-)

I just had to use the Cherryblossom Lane CD for this project, as it is full of fabulous rabbits.  Of course there are loads of images for all different occasion; Friends, Birthdays, Wedding, Get Well, Celebration and so much more.  Backing papers galore, sentiments, pre-coloured toppers and digi stamps for you to colour too.

The digital stamp that I have used is of this gorgeous little rabbit called Lily.  Isn't she sweet.


Lily is coloured up with my Spectrum Noir markers.  For her dress, I used my blender pen on top of the pinks to make the little polka dots.  It worked really well, don't you think.


The image does not come with the Easter eggs, but I decided to cut out the basket from a second print and layer it up on some pop dots, then I cut some little teeny eggs to go in her basket.  The papers are all from the same CD.


I outlined my image using the FS2 Spectrum Noir marker, it gives her a little bit more definition.


I made the little banner, using some embroidery thread and some triangles.  The little triangles are just a 1/4 inch in size, they were cut using my Silhouette Cameo and the cut and print feature.

The layer with the image of Lily, is cut with a Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 8 and I inked all the edges of all my layers, including the little banner.  I added a little polka dot ribbon to finish off the front.

For the inside, I used the same papers as the front, along with a little floral stamp.


I hope that you will take this opportunity to get some Easter cards made and go along and enter this weeks challenge.  You have until Sunday, 24th March (12pm GMT) to get in your entries, so plenty of creative time.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Lexi's Creations - Challenge #85: Easter (closes 16 Mar)

DL.ART Thankful Thursday - Challenge #105: Easter (closes 26 Mar)

Bearly Mine Challenges - Challenge #77: Easter (closes 18 Mar)

Digi Haven - Easter Challenge (closes 28 Mar)

Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenges - Challenge #34: Banners (closes 21 Mar)

The Squirrel and the Fox - Challenge #39: Autumn or Spring (closes 20 Mar)

Celebrate the Occasion - Challenge #103: Spring is in the Air (closes 17 Mar)

Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge : Hello Spring (closes 18 Mar)

Cute Card Thursday - Challenge #260: Anything Goes (closes 20 Mar)

Craftin Desert Divas Craft it Up & Link it Up Linky Party (closes 17 Mar)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

34 comments:

  1. Super adorable card Karon! LOVE the image and how you did the basket :)
    Awesome job!! Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sweet card and colouring, thanks for sharing and joining us at CC&CC Banners theme. Good luck cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Love that bunny on the bike and your banner! Really LOVE how you did the basket!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super duper cute! I love those colors and that banner at the top. Thanks for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party.

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and sweet.

    Karen B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable, love the colors. Banner is too cute and what a fabulous image.

    Have a great day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet, Karon. Love the image and the banner. Colored beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely gorgeous, Karon!! I love the sweet image!! You colored her perfectly!! And the banner along the top is fabulous!! I love it!! Happy Friday my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. That little bunny is adorable, beautiful coloring Karon and I love the dimension on the basket!! Great card :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGOODNESS.....This is just DARLING!!Love how the eggs and banner pop out!The bunny is ADORABLE!Precious!
    Have a Wonderful Friday,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfectly adorable card Karon. Love the soft pastel colours you have used. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  12. So adorable! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card,love the design and fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute!!!! i love the pastel tones that you use on it xxx Lidia

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm getting excited about Easter coming myself. I really enjoy how you finish the insides of your cards. I may have to scraplift your idea. Nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness Karon - You are so amazing. This card is absolutely precious - your coloring is fabulous, and I love how you created the little polka dots!! Too creative!!
    Blessings,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great Easter card Karon, I adore that little banner you added!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My dear friend, this is an exquisite Easter card! There is so much treasure... I love the sweet image (which is perfectly colored!), the adorable banner, and the perfectly pastel papers. :o) So much fun, so much whimsy... and a ton of sweetness. :o) The sheer polka dot ribbon is such a marvelous choice, as it looks fantastic with the design. Beautifully done as always, my dear friend. I hope you have a beautiful and blessed weekend!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so adorable! Your bunny image is so cute, love the bicycle! Also love all the layers, rally nice, especially the raised basket and filled it up with the eggs, very clever! And your banner really set it off and is perfect for out challenge at CC&CC. So happy you played along with us! Aloha, Joanne,

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really adorable card Karon, the image and card design is beautiful! Great coloring as always! I love the teeny tiny eggs.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, Karon! OMG, Lili is just to darn adorable!!! I love your card -- outside and in! You designed both pages so beautifully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW - thanks so much everyone - have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like those eggs in the basket, this is a super funny idea! Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again.
    Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adorable. Thanks for playing at Digi Haven.
    http://iwycd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a sweet card, that image is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so sweet. Beautiful card, Your coloring is super
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #105 Easter challenge
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a sweet Easter card Karon.....love the gorgeous image!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is lovely...Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments, and good luck.

    Caz, CSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my this is such a sweet card. Great image and you coloured it up perfectly.
    Love her polka dot dress :)
    Funny as I did a Easter themed card and her name is Lilly as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine, Good luck and hope you will join us again
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous card with such lovely dimension, just adorable! Thanks for sharing your creation with us @ CTO for our "Spring is in the Air" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. wow!! so cute easter card....love the colors.
    Thanks for playing with us at Chocolate, Coffee & Card Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous - love the image and those polka dots look great!

    Thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and the Fox.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...