Friday, 29 March 2013

Live, Laugh, Love!

It's Good Friday today and also good because it's the start of another challenge over at Polka Doodles. This weeks challenge is Paper Piecing.

Thanks for all you hugs and comments earlier in the week, they are much appreciated.  I have been tidying up my blog a little and also my craft room.  Trying to organise things better for a fresh start next week.

Another reason for it being a GOOD Friday is .....  Andy came home last night for the long weekend and is now home until Monday afternoon - YAY!

Here is my little bit of inspiration for you this week, (not a lot of mojo here).


I used papers from the Sundae of the Seasons and Cherryblossom Lane CD's.  I inked all the edges of all the layers with a Stampin Up ink pad, Cranberry.  The image is a Fairy Flutterfly stamp called Meeshelle, also available at Polka Doodles.  The wings in this image are actually the large butterfly stamped behind.

fairy flutterfly Rubber Stamp Set - Meeshelle

She is stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black and then coloured with my Spectrum Noir markers.  I have paper pieced her top, trousers, bag and the little flower in her hair.  I just noticed too - that I didn't cut the piece around her neck properly - well it's done now.


Did you notice the lovely ribbon flower - that, was made by my daughter Shannon.  You may recall, that I mentioned she bought a flower loom while we were away shopping the other week.  Well she is loving making these little flowers and I just had to use this one on my card.

Here is a close up of the flower.


Didn't she do a fabulous job of the flower.

The little sentiment is from an Inkadinkdo stamp called All Occasion Inchies.


For the inside I used the same papers and the little flower came from the stamp set with the image.


So, come on then you craft peeps.  Get some paper piecing projects done this week and share them over at Polka Doodles.  You have until Sunday 7 April (12.00 GMT) to get those entries in :-)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

25 comments:

  1. Oh Karon so nice to see you back and delighted to hear your hubby is home, that way we all know how sparkly you feel!!!! Your card is beautiful, I am in love with the cranberry ink you used and Shannon's flower is gorgeous! You did such a wonderful job paper piercing and colouring this sweet digi and no I didn't notice the neck until you mentioned it , LOL Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...love the colours and fab image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fabulous, Karon!! The image is adorable!! I love how you colored and paper pieced her!! And wow, the ribbon flower is stunning!! Shannon did an amazing job!! It looks fabulous!! What an awesome card my friend!! Enjoy your long weekend with Andy and your family!! I hope you all have a very happy Easter!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. So long non-krafty Karon! Hello O'Creative One! Yay Karon, so glad you're back! Love, love, love this card! That image is adorable, your coloring (always spot on-you need to teach me!). Love the paper piercing. So cute!

    Have a very GOOD FRIDAY and a blessed weekend!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet girly card Karon.. love her paper piece blouse matching up to your background papers....
    Happy Easter to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute and girly card. Love how her shirt matches one of the layers in the card. Very creative. Enjoy your weekend with any Andy and have a Happy Easter my friend.

    Have a great day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you will have a long weekend with your hubby. I love this card I love how she seem to be just chillin and taking it easy.

    Karen B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, Karon. That's a really cute digi. As always, love your coloring. Great flower, too, Shannon. Glad your hubby's home for a few days. Enjoy. Have a happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I AM SO HAPPY THAT YOU ARE HAPPY!!!
    I am so glad you all get to spend the weekend together!
    Have a wonderful time!
    Your card is adorable!
    Love how you paper pieced her clothes and how the shirt matches your background.
    Later
    D-

    ReplyDelete
  10. adorable card Karen! I do LOVE that flower~your daughter did an amazing job!!!
    Sweet image and great card LO!!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Easter weekend with the hubs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A darling card with such a ADORABLE image!!SWEET!
    Have a wonderful weekend & a Happy Easter my friend,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable stamp. It is rare for me to say, but I think I like her better sans wings! She's adorable with all that paper piecing going on. It's nice to see your work again, but I fully expect you to take the weekend off and enjoy Andy! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My dear friend, I'm so excited that Andy is home with you now! YAY! I hope you're enjoying every moment. :o) Your card is beautiful! I love the sweet image! The combo of coloring and paper-piecing looks fantastic. And the flower is STUNNING! Beautifully done, Shannon! :o) Hehe, I made a little twine flower which totally pales in comparsion... I didn't have much twine to spare. :( But anyway, I hope you look at your card and SMILE, knowing that despite all the obstacles, you still created a lovely card that brings smiles to all of your friends. :o) Happy Easter to you and your family, Karon! I pray it's filled with blessings and joy. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card, Karon. Love the colours and that ribbon flower is top notch! Well done Shannon! Glad to hear you're happy. Make the most of the weekend, enjoy every minute. I wish you a joyful Easter.
    Boa Páscoa!
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet, sweet card! I love that darling little image, she's a cutie! And, the hot pink flower is amazing! I would never have guessed that your daughter made it, looks like something purchased in the embellishment aisle! She did a great job! Hope you enjoy your weekend with the hubby !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Karon your card is so sweet !! the image is great and lovely flower...

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy your family is all together for this long weekend :)
    I had a feeling your daughter made this flower..it turned out beautifully and looks perfect on your card.
    Lovely paper piecing and colouring as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks everyone - hope you are all enjoying the long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute, I like the flower and button combo and the postage stamp sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful card Karon and my goodness...that flower is EXQUISITE!! Your daughter has incredible talent, just like her mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a beautiful and sweet card!!! Love-love that flower!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How cute is this? Yes, your daughter did a great job with the ribbon flower. It was just the right touch for your card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a darling card, that image is so sweet. Your daughter did a fabulous job on the flower, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks everyone - Shannon's thrilled that you all like her flower:-)

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...