Friday, 26 April 2013

Birthdays with Bling

Hi everyone, its Friday!!!  I have a big smile on my face, because Andy will be home late tonight for the weekend, Yay!  Although just for the weekend and he will go back Monday, I am really looking forward to seeing him home, as are the girls of course :-)

Anyways, on with my post.  It's the start of another challenge, week 17,  at Polka Doodles and as my blog post states, this weeks theme is Birthdays with Bling.

I used an image from the new Frederika CD, but this image and the images from the CD are also available to purchase and download individually.  Remember there is free shipping worldwide, with just a minimum order of  £10 (approx $16).


Isn't she beautiful, I loved colouring this image in and using my Spectrum Noirs.  I used the following pens

Hair       GB1, TN2, TN3
Skin       FS2, TN2
Dress     BT2, BT4, BT5


The papers and the sentiment are from the Cherryblossom Lane CD, and for the first time ever I used a doily, well half of one :-)

I think this image would be perfect for a graduate card too.  The image and the tag were cut out using my Silhouette Cameo.  I added bling to her hair and also to the sentiment.


I popped up the image and the sentiment to add a little dimension to the card.  All the edges were inked and a little brushed over the doily too.  I love the ribbon on this one, my bow turned out perfect; well I think so anyways :-)

For the inside I used the same papers, some ribbon too, and then added the little flourishes to add a little sophistication to the inside.


So there you have it, an elegant card for and elegant occasion.  What do you think you could use this image for?

Just a little reminder that you can enter this challenge up until the 5 May (12pm UK time). So come on you crafty lot, go along and enter. 

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Craft Your Passion Challenges - Challenge #159: Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend (closes 29 Apr)

Crafty Sentiments Designs - Challenge: Monochromatic (closes 29 Apr)

Digital Tuesday Challenge - Challenge #207: Birthdays (closes 29 Apr)

2 Sisters Challenge Blog - Challenge #140: Blue and/or Green (closes 26 Apr)

One Stitch at a Time - Challenge #160: Use a Digi (closes 27 Apr)

Bearly-Mine Challenges - Challenge #83: Digi Days (closes 29 Apr)

Get Inky! Challenge #2: Bring on the Bling (closes 27 Apr)

3 Girl Jam Challenge - Challenge #17: Anything Goes with ribbon (closes 9 May)

Sister Act Card Challenge - Challenge #4: Anything Goes (closes 3 May)

Five Simple Things - Inspire Me Fridays #100 (closes 2 May)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

44 comments:

  1. gorgeous bling card Karon, love the colours - all looks very elegant! have a great weekend!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautifully coloured and nice card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous ,love the fab image and great colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card - and your bow is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Karon, she is beautiful. Love the bling and the bow. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, love the image and the bow, you are too good.

    Have a creative day.
    Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute Karon~ love the cute image, the blings and your bow!
    How's your Cameo coming along! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This lady is gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
    xxx Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really elegant. Love the colors. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your birthday card with bling! So pretty and I love the colors. Have a fun and fabulous weekend with your hubby and family. Happy Friday to you, Karon!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is gorgeous, Karon!! The colors are beautiful!! The image is just stunning and you've colored her perfectly!! What a fabulous card my friend!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend with Andy!! Happy Friday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!!My friend....This is just Stunning and GORGEOUS! The image is darling and the color is very BEAUTIFUL!!Again....WOW!!
    Enjoy your weekend with your hubbby!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Karon, I am SO excited that your sweetie will be home for the weekend! Make lots of beautiful memories, my dear friend! :o) Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I adore the colors and you've brought this image to life so wonderfully. I love the diamonds in her hair! The doily is such an elegant touch and I love the card design. Gorgeous work as always, Karon! Have a sparkly, loving weekend! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is really really pretty Karon, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The colour is gorgeous on your petty card. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute! This card is simply striking. Thanks for participating in the Sister Act Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. so very pretty! love all the blue! Thanks for playing with us at SACC!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous card Karon! LOVE the colors and that image is beautiful!!!
    Awesome job!!
    Thanks for sharing and for linking this beauty up over at 3gj for our Anything Goes w/Ribbon Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a pretty card Karon. Love the colour and the pretty bow! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments, hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Karon your card is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Love the colors. Love the bling especially in her hair. Nicely done my friend. TFS.
    This would make a beautiful wedding card with tiny flowers in her hair, too.
    You could do the wedding colors. Oh my the possibilities.
    HAVE A SUPER WEEKEND WITH ANDY!!!!
    Hugs
    D-

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are totally right, this would make a perfect graduation card. She's quite lovely and you've made her the star of the show. Nice card, color scheme and design. I'm happy Andy will be home this weekend. I hope you enjoy each other! Soak it up, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. She is gorgeous, Karon. Sweet colours and the bling detail in her hair is simply brilliant! Have a great weekend with the fam!
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous! Such a pretty image and colored beautifully! I love the soft blues and pretty bling ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. Karon: Your card is beautiful, you did a wonderful job with the coloring. The green you used is one of my favorite colors.

    Thanks for joining us @ Get Inky! Challenge.
    ~Beth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the pretty colours, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh wow peeps - thank you everyone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's a perfect card all round Karon !! I love the colour tones you have used and the image is just lovely !! Thanks for playing at Crafty Sentiments Designs this week !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. absolutely gorgeous Karon!! I love the blue with all the pretty bling, lovely image too!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  30. Karon this card is so pretty! I love the colors and your coloring is always beautifully done.

    Have a great day!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love her blingy headband! Thanks for sharing at CYP.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I Karon!!! :) I hope you are well!! It seems like I never have time to stop by! I need to make some more me time!! Your card is gorgeous!!! as usual :) Love your bow.. you are such a pro at those!! Have a great week! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is so pretty Karon, great color combo and I love the doily!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your card is stunning.
    You bow is pure perfection :)
    So happy your hubby is home, I am sure you have all had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is so pretty, love the sweet image and style of your card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Super cute....love that gorgeous bow!

    ReplyDelete
  37. WOW! I love the color and what a sweet image Karon:) I hope you had a great weekend with Andy and the family!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is so beautifully designed! I love it! You can literally use it for any big event--sweet 16, bridal shower, graduation like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful card Karon. Love the colors and the composition

    ReplyDelete
  40. Karon your card is adorable!! love that aqua color.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Karon, just wanted to pop over and say thank you for the lovely comment you left on my Polkadoodles entry - it means a lot to me so thank you very much!
    Beautiful card, your colouring is wonderful and I'm really impressed with the SN pens, beautiful colour and layout hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  42. Karon - you are a master with your markers, truly a stunning creation. So precious too :).
    Hugs,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  43. such gorgeous colors on this card! I love the bling you added to it too :-) Thanks for linking up with us at 3 Girl Jam challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  44. the bling and the colors are just perfect here Karon! I just love how you color your cards

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...