Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Butterflies, Beautiful Butterflies.

Hi all out there in blogland.  Are you having a good week so far?  I am :-)

For this card, I resurrected some papers and a long card that I last used back in October of last year. Today's card is a birthday card for a friend.  My card base is 8" by 3" from that age old stash from the UK.


The papers are from a Recollections paper pack called Timeless. The lovely butterfly stamps are from an InkaDinkaDo set called Insect Inchies.  Aren't they fabulous.


I stamped them with Memento Tuxedo Black, and layered them on some scallop squares cut on my Silhouette Cameo, the file is from the Silhouette online store.  The cut butterfly is a Birds Cards cut file, cut at 1.25", cut on my Cameo too.

I wanted to add a pop of colour hence the added butterfly, ribbon and inking the edges.


The sentiment stamp is from a Scrappy Moms stamp set called Hooray for Birthdays.


For the inside I used the same papers as the front and used a teeny tiny butterfly stamp from the same InkaDinkaDo stamp set.


This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Simon Says Stamp and Show - Challenge: Fly (closes 14 Apr)

Flutter By Wednesdays - Challenge #235: Anything Goes - with a butterfly or fairy (closes 16 Apr)

Dream Valley Challenges - Challenge #54: Happy Birthday (closes 19 Apr)

DL. ART Thankful Thursday April Linky Challenge - Anything Goes (closes 30 Apr)

2 Sisters Challenge Blog - Challenge #138: Anythinh Goes (closes 12 Apr)

Every Day is an Occasion - Sunday {Fun}day #8 - Linky Party (closes 30 Apr)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

24 comments:

  1. beautiful card Karon! LOVE all the butterflies!!!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT hump day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen I love how you inked the edges to make it pop because it certainly does! Beautiful butterflies!!!! Have a great day my friend, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful butterflies. Love the papers and scalloped layer.

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this, Karon!! The design and papers you used are gorgeous!! What a stunning card!! Happy Wednesday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. It certainly is a BEAUTY to look at!I have a similar stack of paper and I might just make a card like this! I LOVE it!The butterflies give it a perfect touch of BEAUTY!The inside of the card is as BEAUTIFUL as the outside.
    An AWESOME job my friend!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Karon...looks like you found your MOJO--that's a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Karon. Love that gorgeous paper. They really are beautiful butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all those flutterbys - so cute Karon...
    Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think of all the cards I've seen online, you rock the long, thin design most effectively! This is another example of your stunning design work with what I find to be a challenging size/structure. Great card with lovely papers put together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the long card and you have used a perfectly layout and stamps for it Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karon, I love your card!!! The butterflies are beautiful -- and the papers too are just beautiful! You did a terrific job designing this one!

    Hugs, my friend! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, elegant card :)
    I love the size as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is terrific, I really like the long, thin card, pretty images, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karon your card is gorgeous!!
    I love it!
    D-
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! great colors super paper and nice design
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes April Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! so beautiful Karon and I also love the long look of the card! Have a great day!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome and beautiful card! I have never made one that size. It does get the wow! factor!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Karon, love the shape and the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you all so very much for your fabulous comments:-) Hugs to you all:-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Karon outstanding design who ever gets this card will feel so special with all the elegant touches you put in to it...love the butterflies and the beautiful pop of color...Karen

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love butterflies! Beautiful card Karon! Great papers!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card! Love those winged beauties! And the red edges are a really great touch! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love those butterflies, Karon. I'm catching up on my visiting!
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...