Friday, 5 April 2013

Finally, some inspiration!

Hi everyone.  Today, I am going to unashamedly plug a couple of fabulous blogs, as well as some Challenge blogs that are new on the block.

You may recall my struggle with motivation and inspiration over the past few weeks.  Well, after reading all your wonderful comments - I have taken note.

Today, I would like to thank Tracy of Tracy's Treasures for her advice and recent post about using those $1.50 bargains and Andie of Contagiously Crafty who has recently done a weeks course on using patterned papers, which she kindly shared on her blog!  Please go check out their blogs - they are amazing!

Also, for more inspiration, I have actually made my card for two new Challenge blogs that have just started this month.

The first is called 2 Creative Chicks and is run by a couple of bloggie friends; Nana of My Crafting Channel and Migdalia of Crafting with Creative M.  The theme for their first challenge is Mothers Day and runs for the month of April.

The second is called Get Inky! Challenge and their theme for the first fornightly challenge is a sketch.  It is open until the 14 April.


As they are both brand new challenge blogs - they really need some new followers and therefore please go along and follow and take part.  

So, after all that said and done, here is the card I have to share with you.


I am really pleased with how this turned out, not only with the colours but with the mix of papers.  The papers are from a Paula Deen paper pack from a Michaels bargain bucket (except the piece with the Mothers Day sentiment - from scraps) and the stamp is a Studio 112 stamp from Joanns bargain at $1.  The Mothers Day Stamp is from a UK See D's Stamp set called Springtime Swirls and inked in CTMH Cranberry.


I am going to endeavour from hence forth (sounds posh dun it! ) to list the Spectrum Noir pens I have used.  Well, at least when I remember! The image was first stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then coloured as below.

For the flowers I used CR4, CR5, CR6 and DR5.  
For the leaves I used DG2 and DG3.
Round the outside of the image I used DG1 - its very faint but can be seen in real life LOL!


I inked all the edges of all the layers, both inside and out, with a Stampin' Up  ink called Old Olive.  And added three little brads as per the sketch.  The banners we just hand cut by me :-)


I thank you once again my bloggie friends - for your support and continued encouragement, can't say it enough!

Goes without saying, but I am entering this card in the following challenges.

2 Creative Chicks - Challenge #1: Mothers Day (closes 30 Apr)

Get Inky! Challenge - Challenge #1: Use the above sketch (closes 14 Apr)

Go Fish Challenge Blog - Challenge #38: Flowers (closes 14 Apr)

Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge - PWC252: April Showers bring May Flowers (closes 9 Apr)

Crafting for all Seasons Challenge Blog - Challenge #49: Floral Delight (closes 15 Apr)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

29 comments:

  1. gorgeous card Karon, love the image and layout - looks great!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaaaaayyyyyyyy your're back!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy these ladies inspired you Karon, you have been missed dearly... Your card is beautfiul and I am on my way to check out these blogs!!!! Fantastic coloring and I love the pennants and lovely image!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Karon! I'm glad you got your mojo back. Woohoo!

    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well my friend we should all loose our mojo if these is the kind of beauty that we would create when we got it back. Such a beautiful card. Great design, soft colors and the flower is so pretty. Your coloring is spot on. So happy you are back. Thanks for the plug for our new challenge blog. We do need new followers as well as people like you to enter. So thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Karon!! LOVE your beautiful take on the sketch!!!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning my bloggie friend,
    Whenever I loose my mojo, I take a little break, have a cup of coffee or ice cream(love)and then I visit my bloggie friends. Bloggie friends just like you.
    You see it fills my heart with such JOY to wake up this morning and read your post.You spoke about 2 Creative Chicks blog and That is So SWEET! Thank you my friend.Well,guess your Mojo is back because this card is absolutely GORGEOUS!!A PERFECT take on the sketch. Thanks for linking up at 2 Creative Chicks!
    Have a wonderful Friday my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, love the detail and it is always great to get going again after a little 'dry' spell. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome take on the sketch, love your pretty card...
    TFS and have yourself a wonderful weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karon, you did such a wonderful job on your beautiful card! And you are such a sweetie! Yes, everyone needs a bit of encouragement and inspiration, but it's the kind hearts like you who does something about it.

    Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful,love the design and fab image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Karon, love the colours. Must check out those challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty, Karon. Love what you did with the sketch. Great bright and happy flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card. Wonderfull image and great colouring. Love the bright/spring colours. This is a great take on the sketch.
    Thank you for joining us at Get Inky!

    Huggsss,Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really pretty! Glad you found some new sites to inspire you! Have a super weekend, hope you get some time to create!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karon's baaack! I am really loving this card design, especially the patterned paper flags! You are ever so sweet to call out the blog and refer folks. My cheeks are red :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Don't forget about Die Cuttin' Diva! Maybe we can inspire you! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you all so very much - you really don't know how much you all mean to me:-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your card! And thank you for the links to the new challenges. I will check them out! I find that sketches and a couple of challenges can really help get the mojo flowing!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!! Karon you really got your mojo going ---the cards are beautiul.

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Karon-
    Thanks for joining us at Get Inky! Challenge for our first challenge and for giving us a shout out on your blog! You are very kind! All those who participate in this challenge will receive a digi stamp of their choice (so don't forget to head over to our website www.bluemooncreation.net and email us the name of the digi you'd like). I love what you did with the sketch! Great job! Glad to have you Get Inky! with us! -Thia

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great ork, your card is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Crafting for All Season in our Floral Delights Challenge!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty Karon, dang that button looks good on your blog! lol

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a pretty card, such a great design.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awww thank you so much for the shout out Karon. It just makes me happy that I have inspired you even in a small way :)
    As for your cards, lovely as always.
    I really like the soft colours and how the image pops off the card.
    So pretty.
    I will check out the sites you have suggested as one of my many goals is to join in on some challenges this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card Karon, those papers are so pretty and go together really well. I often struggle with choosing papers so I will check that out, thanks. Hugs Polly x

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is absolutely gorgeous, Karon!! I love the design and the beautiful papers!! Your mojo is back in full swing - this is fabulous my friend!! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!! Happy Sunday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am so glad things are looking up.
    D-

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very nice job! I am glad you got inspiration back:)
    From your 2 Creative Chicks Guest DT
    Tabitha's Designs Blog
    Low priced fun Digi Papers:)

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...