Monday, 22 April 2013

Layers and Layers.

Hi my crafty peeps.  My apologies for not posting much this past week, I decided to try and get ahead with some DT posts and stuff, so that I wasn't just creating post to post.  I have made a little leeway and hope to get more done, so that I am way ahead and then I can get back to enjoying my crafting again. I'm sure you all understand.

I did, however, amongst other things, make this card to share with you today.


The butterfly, from a Recollections stamp set, is stamped on some handmade paper from my stash. The papers I used, are from a very old paper stack by Hot off the Press, called Amethyst, its from my UK stash too.


The embossed layer is on pale green card and was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder from the Paper Lace 2 set.  I inked all the edges of  all the layers, as well as blending some of the ink over the embossing.

The Happy Birthday sentiment is from the CTMH set that came with the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.

I added a little bit of pale green ribbon to one of the panels and then some pearl dots to finish off.

For the inside I used the same papers and then the little butterfly stamp is from an InkaDinkaDo Insects Inchies stamp set.


I was quite pleased with how this one turned out.

Hope you have all had a wonderful weekend.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

DL ART Thankful Thursday April Link Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 30 Apr)

V's Sweet Ideas - Challenge #10: Anything Goes (closes 30 Apr)

Sister Act Card Challenge - Challenge #3: Anything Goes (closes 26 Apr)

Dream Valley Challenges - Challenge #55: Things with Wings (closes 3 May)

Craftin Desert Divas - Craft it Up & Link it Up Linky Party #4: Peacock Colour Challenge (closes 28 Apr)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

32 comments:

  1. Beautiful card,love the image and fabulous colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful! Love the colors and all the layers!
    Thanks for sharing Karon and have a GREAT Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice...love how the inside is just as pretty as the outside! The colors are stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you back into the craft room. I totally understand about getting out in front of commitments. We'll be glad for those posts when they get here! Lovely card, combining green with purple (or amethyst) always work for me. The inside really is as lovely as the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!Simply BEAUTIFUL!!Love the soft & sweet colors!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Karon. Loving all the layers and fab color.

    Have a creative day.
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty shades of purples and a lovely card.
    TFS Karon - enjoy your happy Monday and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Karon! I totally understand about the posting, I'm in the same boat these days. I'm trying to work ahead but the new dates just seem to roll around so quickly. I hope to be ahead of the game and on a regular posting schedule again soon. Take care my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I love the purple and the butterfly. All the layers are fabulous!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, love the colors and all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Karon. This is such an elegant card. Love the color and it's perfect with the touch of green. Right now I'm a month ahead on DT posts but I really want to be 2 months ahead. Good luck to both of us so we get time to play.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous, Karon!! I love the layers and pretty colors!! The design is fabulous!! So elegant and beautiful my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. My dear friend, this is stunning! I adore purple and green together, which you've so beautifully highlighted in this design. :o) The stamp is so whimsically beautiful and I love the embossing. Such a sweet birthday card, Karon. It will be loved by the lucky recipient. :o) I'm glad you're getting a wee bit ahead so it's not pressured crafting. :o) Have a sparkly day! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty my friend, I love your shades of lilac, many layers and lovely papers. Hope you get well ahead! Hugs Polly x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab card Karon.Love the inking on the embossing and the purple butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is perfect.
    Hope you will stop by and link up at Craftin Desert Divas “Peacock Color Challenge” Linky Party.
    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Card, love the purple. Thanks for joining us at V's Sweet Ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  18. your card is so pretty :)
    I love the butterflies and the purple/green combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so very pretty Karon, I really like the purple and green!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card Karon! I am impressed by all of the details and layering, so pretty! Thanks for linking up your beautiful card to Tara's Craftin Desert Diva's Linky Party!
    ~Donna K

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it. The colors are beautiful. TFS.
    D-

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty card Karon. Love the layers and I like how you inked the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Karon its absolutely stunning, so much texture and gorgeous soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Karon, your card is great! I love layers!! Really great embossing and the combo is gorgeous!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW! beautiful card and the colors are fantastic!! Thank you so much for popping by my blog as always my friend!! Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday!!!
    Big Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous I love all the layering and the colors are so pretty
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes April Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. How beautiful! I love the purple ink on the green embossing. Thanks for joining us this week at SACC!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is lovely. The design and colour scheme are gorgeous.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Dream Valley.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Peacock Color Challenge“ Linky Party. New Linky Party starts Monday hope you will join us again!!

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...