Tuesday, 16 April 2013

New to me technique (2) - Colour on Colour Emboss Resist.

Hi everyone, its my turn to share a post over at She's A Sassy Lady, as well as here with my lovely followers.  Thank you all so much for continuing to support my little old blog :-)  How is everyone doing so far this month?  They seem to be going so quickly.

My card, today, is using a new technique to me, it is called Colour on Colour Emboss resist.  Here is my card and then I will show you how I did the background.


Firstly, I chose 4 complimentary inks and just randomly blended them on a piece of white card.  The colours I used were Close to My Heart - Clover Meadow, Sorbet, Cranberry and Heavenly Blue.


Let the ink dry a little and then run over it with an antistatic pad.  This will help get rid of any bits so that you can get a better result with your embossing.


Now you have to use a clear embossing ink.  The difficult part of this is actually seeing what you have stamped, so try and work your way methodically, yet randomly, across your paper.  Choose a stamp, that suits the theme of your card.


Once you have stamped your image over your paper, dust you images with clear embossing powder. Then  using your heat gun, go over all your images, they will start to pop as the embossing powder melts.  Make sure you do all your images.  You can just make them out below.


Next, you need to take a complimentary ink colour, but darker than the others, I used another CTMH ink pad colour - Lagoon.  Using your blending tool, go all over you image lightly with this darker colour, suddenly your butterflies will really start to show.


Finally, just get a tissue and buff up all of the images, thus removing any excess ink off the embossed images.


There you have it, a lovely background for your card.


I found this technique on Gina K Stamps and she has a great video here!

For my card I used this following sketch for a challenge at Crafty Catz.



The flower is another one of my daughter's, Shannon, homemade flowers.  I do not own any punches, other than a corner rounder, so I used a decorative scissors to do the corner accents.

The Thank You stamp, is a Studio112 stamp from the bargain bucket at Joanns and was inked up with Memento Tuxedo Black.  All the edges, of all the layers were inked with the CTMH Lagoon ink pad.  The inside butterfly is from a Recollections stamp set and again inked with Memento Tuxedo Black.


I hope you have enjoyed this new to me technique and that perhaps you will give it a go.  Have fun :-)

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Crafty Catz - Challenge #178: Sketchie Time (closes 18 Apr)

Little Scrap Pieces - Fun Friday Challenge: May Flowers (closes 19 Apr)

Challenges 4 Everybody - Challenge #18: Anything Goes (closes 26 Apr)

Lexi's Creations - Challenge #88: Add Lace and/or Ribbon (closes 27 Apr)

Card Makin Mamas - Challenge: Time for Ribbon (closes 26 Apr)

Tuesday Throwdown - Challenge #143: Focus on the Sentiment (closes 22 Apr)

Cuttin and Stampin - Challenge #15: Thank You Card (closes 22 Apr)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

44 comments:

  1. Love this,great technique and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning, Karon!! The background looks amazing!! I love the colors you chose!! Your daughter's flower is gorgeous!! What a beautiful card - I love it!! Thanks so much for joining us at LSP!! Have a great day my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts
    Little Scrap Pieces DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karon, I love the way this turned out and must give this technique a try. Thank you for the great tutorial- it is something we can all do. Thanks for sharing today at She's A Sassy Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Karon what a beautiful card. Great color choices, you nailed the sketch and her flower is too cute. I think I may have to get me one of those machines I added it to my wish list on Amazon when you first posted about it. Thanks or the tutorial. Thanks for sharing.

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Karon considering you haven't done it before you've done a great job.

    Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations.

    Hugs Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This technique is AWESOME!!Very Creative!Such a BEAUTIFUL card!!and the colors are beautiful!!!!!Bright & Cheerful. A FABULOUS job my friend!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, I've already seen your gorgeous card over at Sheila's but I wanted to leave a comment here for you! Love-love the technique and the beautiful effect! Again, tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that technique but haven't done it in years Karon. Love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you are trying out all these fun techniques. they are really inspiring.
    The colours are really pretty and I love the finish look of it...
    Great job Karon....

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow fab craftiness...your card looks lovely and thanks for using our sketch from our challenge this week at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. The card is gorgeous, Karon. You explained the process very well. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorarable card Karon!!
    It has been a long time since I've used my heat embossing supplies.
    Love your color combo. TFS.
    Hugs
    D-
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow....just look at all that inky gorgeousness! I love the way this turned out! What an amazing card my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful card!
    Thanks so much for playing along with Cuttin & Stampin Challenges
    ♥ Pam, C&S DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is very pretty, and you background turned out beautifully.
    I love those butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty card.....love the technique you used to create the background, great tutorial...thankyou for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! very pretty Karon and what a fun technique right?? Thank you for stopping by today and your lovely comment!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a neat card. Even though I've used this technique it's one of those that I'll "forget" about for a while. The technique works really well on your card. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooooh, love this technique I am going to add to my list of projects I need to try this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card I love the background you achieved with this technique. I love when experiments turnout so well.

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. OH Karon that background panel is just incredible, I love the bright color!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card and love the background and flower. Thanks for joining us at LSP.
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a great card and thanks for playing along with my sketch at crafty catz this week

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fab card, love the colours! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card and a fab technique. Thanks for joining in with our sketch challenge this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. love love love this technique thanks so much for explaining how to do it will have to try it! Your results are stunning. Thanks so much for joining the lsp challenge. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  28. My amazing friend, I have finally returned after a long few weeks! I missed you (and your creations) so much.. I can't tell you how happy I am to be back. I have just read through all of your beautiful posts, but regrettably I cannot leave you bloggie love on each because I am just so far behind with all of my friends. :( It breaks my heart and I hope this never happens again. Please know that each post made my heart sparkle. (The butterfly project especially made my heart soar!)

    This card is exquisite, Karon! What a fantastic tutorial.. I've never done this technique, but you've certainly inspired me to. :o) Your results are marvelous, just like the final card! The colors are stunning and I love that the sentiment is the focus. Beautifully crafted as always, Karon! I hope you have a sparkly night. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great technique Karon, thanks so much sharing! I really love the way your background piece turned out and the card is beautiful too. Hope you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this technique! Great tutorial!!! Your card is so pretty!!

    Have a good day!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow that is totally fabulous. I love the background you have created and thank you so very much for sharing it with us!!!

    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  32. Now that's just completely groovy Karon!! The colors absolutely pop of Spring and yet again...your daughter's flowers are SO BEAUTIFUL!! Aren't you a clever chica to design your own corner decorations too. The whole card is just gorgeous and put a smile on my face. :)
    Happy weekend to you my bloggy friend and thank you also very much for your sweet comment on my last post.
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks so much everyone:-) Wasn't really too please with the card itself, but loved doing the background.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Karon. I really like the effect you used here. I'm going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my Karon! You have such a touch and talent! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this and the tutorial on how you did this was just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very nice card Karon. I really enjoyed the tutorial on this technique. Thanks for playing along with us at Cuttin' and Stampin'. Hope to see more of your creations.

    Tammy S.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Stunning! Love your choice of colours, Karon.
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love your card! Great colours! Thank you for joining CMM Challenge! Lilia DT

    ReplyDelete
  39. OK stop the presses! this is the most fabulous card I have ever seen! LOVE this! you are just down right amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...