Friday, 12 April 2013

Rainy Days! Anything is better than snow!

Hi everyone.  Here we are at week 15 of the Polka Doodle Challenges - wow, where are the months going?

This weeks challenge is April Showers, include either clouds/rainbows/rain/umbrellas on your card. Hey, you could even include them all :-)

Here is my little bit of rainy inspiration - its rainy here in Canada, it sure is better than snow :-)


...... ...... ....... NEWS FLASH ..... .......

OK it's not raining - its snowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took a photo yesterday, of it all clear of snow - I will take a photo of when the storm has passsed and post a picture.  I want Spring to come !!


Anyways, here is my card :-)  Maybe it should have snow flakes on it!


I really enjoyed making this card and pulling it together!  The clouds, rain drops and the lovely Emma Canning image called Rainy Days, were all cut out using my Silhouette Cameo.


I coloured the image using my Spectrum Noir markers. 

Umbrella - BT2, BT4, BT5
Hair        - GB1, GB4, GB8
Skin        - FS2, TN2
Dress      - PP4, PP5
Boots      - TN4, TN5

I raised up the clouds, some of the raindrops and the Emma Canning digi, onto some pop dots to add a little dimension to the card.  The striped paper is from the new Frederika CD collection, the spotted paper and the sentiment are from the Double Sprinkle of Crafts CD and the clouds are from the Studio 12 CD - Picknix Collection 1.  So a bit of a mish mash from all over :-)


The clouds were embossed using the Cuttlebug and the folder Devine Swirls.  I inked all the edges of the clouds and all the layers, both inside and out.


I hope you will go along and enter this weeks challenge.  You have until Sunday 21st April (12 midday GMT) to enter.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Lacy Sunshine Challenge - Challenge #5: Anything Goes (closes 13 Apr)

The Squirrel and the Fox - Challenge #41: Inspired by Song/Movie (Mine is Singing in the Rain) (closes 18 Apr)

Great Impressions Stamps - April Challenge: Pastels colours and/or polka dots (closes 30 Apr)

Little Scrap Pieces - Fun Friday April Showers Challenge (closes 12 Apr)

Sister Act Card Challenge - Challenge #2: Anything Goes (closes 18 Apr)

Cut It Up - Challenge #16: Wet (closes 17 Apr)

DL.ART - Thankful Thursday Challenge #107: Rain (closes 23 Apr)

Digi Haven - Rain/Umbrella Challenge (closes 25 Apr)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

35 comments:

  1. Beautiful card,love the fab image and great papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Karon! love the sweet image and beautiful LO!!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather is making me nuts, but this card...I'm LOVING this card! Beautiful details Karon with the textured clouds and all those rain drops. It looks so terrific how you did this layout and the inside is just as wonderful too.
    Happy weekend to you!
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card hun - the colours are beautiful and I love those cute clouds - I could have done with her brolly today lol - it's not very nice here today :-D Have a lovely weekend, Em x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, Karon!! I love the adorable image and the dimension to the clouds and rain!! What a fabulous card my friend!! Happy Friday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely GORGEOUS!!Fun TOO! I love how you added the pop dots to give the raindrops a dimensional look!LOVE IT!Pretty colors and the inside of your card is as Gorgeous as the outside as well.
    Please link up your card at http://cutitupchallenges.blogspot.com/.The challenge is "WET".
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute, Karon. I love the popped up raindrops. Terrific idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card Karon! I love that image and the clouds and raindrops! So sorry you are still having winter weather. Sunshine here in Texas today and in the 70s. Yeah I'm rubbing it in! And thanks for sharing this with us at Digi Haven!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Karon. Love how you popped the rain drop so creative. Cute image and great coloring. TFS

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karon, your card is beautiful. I really love the embossed clouds as much as I love the image -- so cute with her little umbrella! And I love the inside of your card too!

    It's raining here too, but it's cold and it's threatening to snow here too! I can't believe how the temps plumaged from the 60's back into the 30's...uurrrggghhh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ditto on what I said earlier....
    Thanks for joining us at CIU.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is adorable great colors.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #107 Rain challenge, Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS
    Thank you for joining us at Little Scrap pieces.
    LSP--DT member
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is sooo cute Karon, it would make me smile even on a snowy day and that takes some doing my friend! It's cheerful and bright, love your design and beautiful colouring. Hugs Polly x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Karon wow love those raindrops and your image is super sweet...you coloring is awesome! Thanks so much for joining the lsp challenge. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Wow Karon, this card is stunning. I love the dimension
    you have given it, works so well!
    Thanks for playing along with us over at The Squirrel and The Fox.
    Hugs,
    Linda xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card Karon. Really cute little scene. Love the raindrops.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Cut it Up Challenges! Your card is adorable. I love the little fashionista and all the wet elements!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is so adorable.

    Karen B.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great little card Karon... love the coloring and so perfect for this time of year. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute! The embossing on the clouds looks great and I love all the papers you used! Thanks for playing along at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is sooo cute! Totally love the wonderful dimension you have used for the raindrops!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Lacy Sunshine challenge. Hope you will join us next time. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  23. Snowing?? oh My!! We are in the 90's already! Tshirts, shorts and flip flops! I'll send some Arizona Sunshine your way!!

    Love this sweet card, the papers and layers are amazing and love the rain drops!
    Thanks for joining us over at Little Scrap Pieces! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a cute little puddle jumper. She's so adorable cut with the Cameo. I think I like the embossed clouds the best though. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous card, love the cute clouds and fab colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Digi Haven and hope to see you back again soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely card Karon, nicely coloured with your spectrums. I keep forgetting about mine. We have lots of rain here too now.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Karon I LOVE your card.
    The snow just needs to GO!
    I hope it warms up real soon for you.
    Hugs
    D-

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sorry about your snow...this winter just won't let go!! Super rainy day card, I love the aqua color agains the kraft!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What amazing details in your card Karen. It has been snowing and raining in New Brunswick so I feel your pain!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Cut It Up.
    Anita
    DT CIU

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome card! love that you popped some of the rain drops. It really looks like it is raining on your girl. Love the color choices. Thanks for playing along at Cut It Up Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your creation is beautiful! Thank you for joining us over at the Sister Act Card Challenge! Hugs Kim

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for joining our Great Impressions April Pastels and Polka Dots Challenge!

    This is so sweet! I guess you could have changed the raindrops to snowflakes, but hopefully by now you are past that! LOL

    ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  33. Brilliant idea giving the raindrops a bit of a lift!
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...