Wednesday, 24 April 2013

Shhhhh! Don't shout it too loud, but I think Spring has Sprung, Shhhhh!

Hi everyone.  I had a great day in the craft room on Monday, so would like to share this latest creation with you.

But first a photo of one of the trees in my back garden.  Do you see the little buds, yay, Spring is here :-) If I remember, I will try and post a pick when they have bloomed as they are a beautiful white flower before the greenery comes through.  The tree is only about 6 years old, I think it is a Cherry Blossom (no fruit just blossom), but is really thriving in my garden.


I have been wanting to do some real stitching on my cards for quite sometime now, but sort of never got round to it.  I am so pleased that I finally gave it a go.


The papers are from a DCWV 6" by 6" paper stack called Fashion District.  I decided to quarter it, to give it a bit more interest.  I stuck the pieces onto a peach card and then stitched it with my sewing machine.

The magnolias image is from Beccy's Place and it's a freebie.  It was cut out using my Silhouette Cameo and then layered onto a Spellbinders Nestabilities Scalloped Rectangle.


The image was coloured with my Spectrum Noir pens.  I used the following pens.

Leaves     CG1, CG2, DG4
Flowers    CR4, CR5, CR6

For the edges of all the layers and the sentiment, I used CTMH Cranberry Ink pad.  The sentiment is from a Scrappy Moms stamp set called Hooray for Birthdays.  The little flourish above it and the one on the inside of the card, are from a See D's stamp set (bought in the UK) called Spring Time swirls.  I placed the sentiment on another Spellbinders Nestability called Labels 8.


I popped up the coloured image to add a little depth and also placed a bit of ribbon under the sentiment.

For the inside I used one of the papers from the front and stitched around the edge.  Then used the scalloped edge rectangle on the inside too.


Loved doing the stitching.  I think I may have to rethink my craft room once again, then I can leave the sewing machine set up.  I think that is why I haven't tried it before, because it is under a table in the corner and not out all the time.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Sandy's Crafty Creations - April Anything Goes with a twist: Stitching (closes 30 Apr)

My Time To Craft Challenge Blog - Challenge #218: Stitching (closes 26 Apr)

Lacy Sunshine Challenge Blog - Challenge #6: Spring Fever (closes 27 Apr)

Allsorts Challenge Blog - Challenge #103: A Passion for flowers (closes 26 Apr)

One Stitch at a Time - Challenge #160: Use a Digi (closes 27 Apr)

Die Cuttin Divas - Challenge #112: Flowers (closes 30 Apr)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

38 comments:

  1. OMG I LOVE this Karon!!!
    Such an awesome card and the stitching is Amazing!!!
    Wowzers...way to to go on this!!!
    Yes I think you need to keep the machine out....you ROCKED it!!!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT hump day my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful,love the gorgeous image and fab layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how all of the panels came together! If I had the space, I would love to own a sewing machine because this looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way Karon, that Spring has Sprung, but only because all the plants and trees are in bloom, the weather on the other hand has yet to warm up. WOW, you card is gorgeous, the stitching looks so nice. The image is beautiful, you did a fantastic job on the coloring. I love the patterns and color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "your" hehehehhehe, sorry, I don't like typos. LOL

      Delete
  5. Beautiful Karon. The stitching really adds a nice touch.

    Have a creative day.
    Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Karon! I love the color and the pretty flowers and your stitching is fabulous!! Thanks for joining in on my Stitching challenge on my blog!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Karon!! The stitching looks amazing!! I love the papers and design!! You should definitely stitch more...you are so great at it!! Even the inside!! Love it my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is gorgeous Karon and the stitching looks perfect! Every time I try a zig zag stitch it never turns out right, lol. Have a beautiful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karon this is absolutely gorgeous, love the colors. I have a sewing machine, but I cannot get it to sew a straight line let alone a zigzag.:) This is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely gorgeous Karon!! the stitching adds such an elegant touch, great job!!

    one of our trees (an ornamental plum tree) has flowered and greened already. I swear it only stays in flower for a day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful, Karon! Stitching is one of my favorite things and you are such a pro at it! It looks amazing, particularly in that gorgeous shade. The papers and image are stunning and combine to make such a heartwarming birthday card. This will truly be cherished. :o) Stunning work as always, my dear friend! (And it's SNOWING in Michigan today! My poor sweet daffodils.)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything about this one from the image to the colour to the stitching, thanks for joining us Allsorts this week. xxxxat

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card!! Love the stitching!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Karon. Gorgeous colours, image and layout. Very classy.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is really pretty, Karon. Love the stitching. The coloring is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card and love the colours. Thank you for joining us over at Lacy Sunshine for our spring fever challenge.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty colours and pretty image... Great take on the stitching... I have yet to do this to my cards but too lazy to take out my sewing machine.... LOL!
    TFS Karon - can't wait to see those pretty flowers....

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm woefully behind on my visits. This card is so cute and the colors are soft! I, too, have to get my sewing machine out which means I don't use it much :)

    I won't even talk to you about the plants, flowers and trees blooming here is sunny Arizona. We're suffering from the allergies this time of year! Not trying to rub it in, only pointing out the downside of full-on spring.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful!!! Love the colors.
    Love the coloring. Love the stitching.
    Love it all. TFS!
    Hugs
    D-

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great photo of the buds :) Still waiting here.
    Your card is gorgeous. Love those colours and your stitching is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely stunning Karon. Love the colours and the brilliant stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  22. splendid! love the amazing colors and here it went from winter to summer in two days 70 yesterday....I would have like to have spring first... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really pretty card - love your image and all the pink!

    Thank you for sharing with us at My Time to Craft this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you all so much for continually bolstering my self esteem :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card Karon!! Spring has Sprung for us too!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very pretty! Your stitching turned out wonderfully :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. your card is very pretty. I am so looking for Spring too although you seem to have more signs in your yard than mine!! TFS with us at DCD.

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW! such a beautiful color for your card and I love the stitching. Karon I'm so glad to hear Spring has sprung on your neck of the wood:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card and I love the colours! Thanks for sharing with us at Lacy Sunshine! Hope you join us for the next challenge.
    Mandy x (Lacy Sunshine Creative Team)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card and colours. Thank you so much for sharing with us at OSAAT this week and good luck. Hugs

    NIKKI DT

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great stitching on your card. My machine is in a cupboard under the stairs and it always seems such a chore to get it out which is why I've never used it for cardmaking. When I see beautiful work like this it does inspire me to have a go.

    Many thanks for joining in with our 'Use A Digi' challenge over at OSAAT & hope to see you back again soon.

    Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful card, Karon. Gorgeous colours and the stitching is definitely a keeper!
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow gorgeous! Great paper piecing and cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  34. The colors are amazing and I hope to see much more stitching on your cards! The depth it added to this one is gorgeous!!! Fantastic job Karon :)
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your card is gorgeous!!! Thanks for participating in our LACY SUNSHINE challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...