Monday, 8 April 2013

Your so Chic!

Hi everyone.  I hope you are all had a wonderful weekend.

You may recall last week I posted up some coloured digis of some of the new collection at Polka Doodles, called Frederika

You will be pleased to know, that not only can you buy a CD of the collection, but they are now available for individual download!  And can be found here!

I finally got around to putting, what have affectionately become the "three amigas" on to a card ;-)


All the papers are from the Frederika CD, as is the sentiment.  

Now, I know I said in my last post that I would let you know what number Spectrum Noirs I used for the colouring, but this was coloured before that statement, so I am unable to share on this one :-)  I did finally get around to buying two of the 24 set Spectrum Noirs, the Pastels and the Lights.  So, I now have the original 72 and these new 48.  I really do have a lovely selection of colours now, although I think I will also get the Darks in a few months time.

Another close up of these fab images, that really were a pleasure to colour.  I actually merged these images, which are of course separate on the CD and to download.


I used a Spellbinders Big Scalloped Rectangle, to die cut around the images and inked around all the edges of all the layers.


The image layer and the sentiment layer have both been popped up on some foam tape, to add some depth.


For the inside I kept to the theme from the front and once again inked all the edges.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Great Impressions Stamps - April Monthly Challenge: Pastel Colours and/or Polka Dots (closes 30 Apr)

Sister Act Card Challenge - Challenge #1: Anything Goes (closes 11 Apr)

DL.ART Thankful Thursday April Link Party - Anything Goes (closes 30 Apr)

I hope you will all have the most fabulous crafting week.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

28 comments:

  1. GREAT card Karon!
    Love the adorable image and they are colored so beautifully!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card,love the gorgeous image and layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Karon!! That image is so fun!! You colored them beautifully!! The paper is awesome and the design is fabulous!! Happy Monday my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card sure is Chic... love it. What a fun card this is.

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. A FABULOUS card!!!!Sweet image!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable trio!! They are colored up so well and I love the little purses too. :) My question now is...do you need to make another pen organizer??? Sounds like you have a wonderful collection happening over there. :)
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous image. Love the way it is colored. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Karon.Fab images and great papers.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute card, those girls are so sweet. Love the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card.....love these images, great colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun and cute card great colors fun image.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes April Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! It's nice to see the 3 amigas together...You've done a great job here, Karon. Great colouring too.
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty card, Karon. Nicely done!
    I love how you put the layers together.
    D-

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute, I love the sentiment with the image you used!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card, these girls are so sweet.
    Great colouring :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card and your coloring is great too. Hope you had a smooth Monday and great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. that is just too adorable Karon

    ReplyDelete
  19. You did it! You used the image and did a great job! I love all the layers and the sentiment - they are pretty chic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Karon,
    Love this great card! So cute and chic! Great coloring as always and the card layout is very nice too!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Didn't those chicks find a nice place to hang out? I really like the sentiment frame. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much everyone:-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fun amigas! What a great card and a perfect layout. Thanks for joining us at the SACC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. How adorable! You did a great coloring job! I wish I could color just a little bit but I'm such a lousy painter... lol!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fun image Karon - looks like girls weekend to me! (lol!) Nice job!
    Thanks for playing with us at Great Impressions Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card! The image is so fun!


    Thank you for joining our challenge at Great Impressions Stamps .

    --Cheryl--

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...