Wednesday, 1 May 2013

A Little Thank You

Hi everyone.  It's the first Tuesday of the month and therefore my turn to share my post with all my followers here and with those over at The Bug Bytes.

I'm afraid my post today is a little short and sweet.  Andy was home for the weekend and we had another wonderful family shared weekend.  It was so good to see him.  He will be home again for another weekend at the end of May :-)

I decided to have a little play with my Silhouette Cameo and both the cut files for this card are from Birds Cards.  She is so amazing and so very generous as her files are all free.

A little Thank You card (5.5" by 4") for a good friend.


The base of the card is just white card stock.  Then I added paper panels to the outside and inside.  The papers are from an 8" by 8" cardstock pack, by Me & My Big Ideas called Forever Watercolour.  


The cut file for the Base card is here and the butterflies are here.  I layered the butterflies to make them pop and only secured them to the card with their bodies.

The sentiment stamp is from a See D's stamp set called Thank You for, which I bought many moons ago in the UK.

A little bit of ribbon and I inked all the edges of all the layers, including the front of the base card.

For the inside I used the papers from the same pack.  I kept the writing panel to the top of the inside, so that when the card is closed the glitter card stock can be seen through the front pattern.  


The little tiny butterfly stamp is from an InkaDinkaDo Insects Inchies set.  Again all the edges of the layers have been inked.

Once again, my apologies for the short post.  I hope you all have a fabulous week :-)

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Cards in Envy - April 15th Themed Challenge: Things with Wings (closes 5 May)

Red Carpet Studio - Challenge #34: Thank You cards (closes 3 May)

Dream Valley Challenges - Challenge #55 Things with Wings (closes 3 May)

Die Cuttin Divas - Challenge #113: Anything Goes (closes 6 May)

Challenges 4 Everybody - Challenge #19: Anything Goes (closes 10 May)

Eclectic Ellapu - Purples Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 4 May)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

27 comments:

  1. gorgeous card Karon! Love the card base you used and the colors are gorgeous!!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT hump day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card.lovely design and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely card Karon! I love this design.

    Enjoy your day!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards. Love the cut out details. Great papers. TFS. Happy you had a wonderful weekend with the hubby.

    Have a creative day.
    Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me want to drag out my barely used Cameo and try it again. Your card is so nice! I love that paper and all the details you put into the card. Thanks for joining us at Cards In Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty card base, Karon. Your papers are lovely as well as the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty. Love that cut design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No apologies needed, although short, this post is long in style! The color scheme is really pretty and definitely spring like. Those cut files are simply marvelous. Can't hardly believe they are free! Great job and glad to hear you enjoyed your weekend. With the way this year is flying by, Andy will be back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous, Karon!! I love the cut - it's so pretty!! The papers are beautiful!! I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card! I love the scalloped design along the bottom and those beautiful butterflies....gorgeous! Happy to hear that you had a great family weekend and hoping the month flies by for you so that your hubby will be home with you again ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!Inside & out!
    Happy to know that you had a wonderful weekend.
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabulous card Karon, love the effect!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karon this is really cute. Love the CAS style.
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Karon, I love the border on this card and this lovely butterflies!! Enjoy the rest of your evening:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card Karon.
    I love those butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for all your fabulous comments :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy Cow Karon - this is behond STUNNING!! I understand about family time, and for you it's all the more special when you have it. Enjoy each and every moment!! I've certainly enjoyed seeing this beauty - hugs and blessings to you my sweet friend!
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's just sensational Karon. I love how you used her cut file and embellished it so beautifully. The inside patterns and colors blend so perfectly. A terrific card!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your card. It is BEAUTIFUL. TFS.
    I am so glad you had a good Andy visit weekend.
    Hugs
    D-

    ReplyDelete
  20. Karon, this is absolutely gorgeous! What a sweet thank you card.. the colors are stunning! How beautiful is the paper and I love your use of Bird's marvelous files. The design and colors are so lovely. I'm thrilled you had such a special weekend and am equally excited that your sweetie will be home again soon. :o) Have a blessed day, my dear friend!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fabulous card!! Love the colors and the little butterflies! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card Karon, Thanks for the inspiration. I need to check out that site for SVG's Have a great weekend my friend
    YOu could enter this in my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes May Linky Party. As long as it is made in MAY
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. A beautiful card - I love the layout. Thank you for joining our challenge at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really lovely, Karon. The border is stunning. And I love your choice of patterned papers too...perfect for a Thank You card. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the soft colors so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful thank you card! I love that cut out design on the bottom. So pretty!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...