Friday, 10 May 2013

Happy Anniversary

Hi my wonderful blogland friends.  How are your doing this week?  This is a scheduled post, but I am pleased to say that my migraines are getting less and less each day.  Thank you for all your great comments and support.

We are here for another challenge at Polka Doodles for week 19! Only another 7 weeks and we will be half through the year!

Our theme this week is Anniversaries and I decided to go with a CAS style card, well nearly anyways.

Here is my little bit of inspiration for you.


Wouldn't this also make a wonderful Wedding card.  The little heart embellishment was a candy win from last year, when I first started my blog.

The papers are from the the All Around and Everywhere CD, such a fun CD, full off fabulous papers and sentiments and tons of back to nature elements.

The sentiment is from the Cherryblossom Lane CD and I merged this with the backing paper.


I couldn't resist adding a little bit of tulle, it was just too CAS for me :-)  All the edges of all the layers were inked.

For the inside, as the norm, I used the same papers and finished it off with some little flourishes.


I just love these classy looking papers.

Don't forget you have just over a week to enter, the challenge closes on the 19 May (12pm UK time).  Please remember, if you take part in the challenge, and to be eligible for prizes, you can only enter a total of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Totally Paper Crafts - Challenge #166: CAS (Clean and Simple) (closes 16 May)

Sister Act Card Challenge - Challenge #6: Anything Goes (closes 17 May)

Eclectic Ellapu - Go Pinkies - Anything Goes (closes 11 May)

Crafty Catz - Challenge #182 - Anything Goes (closes 16 May)

Five Simple Things - Inspire Me Fridays #102: Anything Goes (closes 16 May) 

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

27 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely, Karon. Clean and crisp. That bit of tulle makes it special! Hope you're feeling better.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely karon,the heart is so beautiful. so much love the way you design inside of the card too

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Karon!
    Love how you did the inside to match as well!
    Thanks for sharing and glad to hear you are feeling a bit better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous anniversary card Karon, very elegant!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so right, the tulle really seals the deal. That is the most beautiful centerpiece for an Anniversary card. I loooove those papers. The hummingbird melded in like that next to the flowers is gorgeous. Awesome card Karon and I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better today :)
    Happy Weekend!
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a couple of anniversary cards to make this month. This gets the 'ole juices flowing. Great card- adding the tulle was just right! Beautiful card. I'm glad you are feeling better. Don't overdo it too soon. We're sure glad for your inspiration and will look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautifully elegant card! Love the pretty layers and that heart embellishment is gorgeous! I love the touch of tulle also. Hope you continue to improve and feel better with each day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elegant & Beautiful!!!
    I hope you feel better...
    Sending bloggie love & hugs to you
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very pretty...love that tuille you used!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Karon. Love the soft colors and the inside is so pretty to. Feel better my friend.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely stunning, Karon!! The papers are gorgeous and the tulle looks amazing!! So elegant and beautiful!! Feel better soon my friend...I'm praying for you. Happy Friday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. Hope the migranes become less and less for you! Feel better my friend! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great use of the tulle - love the card Karon..Glad to hear you are feeling much better..
    Enjoy your Mother's Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, Karon. The tulle really added to the beauty and romantic feel of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is beautiful.
    Feel better real soon my friend!
    D-

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so happy that your migraines are not as often. They are debilitating aren't they :(
    Your card is so elegant.
    The tulle just add to it, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely, lovely card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you all so very much - so appreciate you all:-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Karon, very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a sweet card! I always admire how you not only decorate the front, you go the extra mile for the interior as well! I'm all about the cover! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so beautiful, Karon! It is so elegantly designed and the papers are beautiful. I am in love with the tulle/heart combo, particularly with how you arranged it. It's stunning! Amazing work as always, my friend. So lovely to see a card from you!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A simply stunning CAS card Karon. Love everything about this card from the CAS look to the smoky colours to that fabulous heart on the front. Just beautiful!

    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this anniversary card! So elegant and I especially love how you did the tulle and the heart!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fantastic wedding card. Thanks ever so much for joining us at Totall PaperCrafts this week.

    Hugs
    Suzette

    ReplyDelete
  26. fabulous card thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY CATZ love it hugs sassyxx

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...