Sunday, 12 May 2013

Spring or more like Summer!

Hi everyone.  My migraines have finally abated and I hope they don't come back any time soon.  Thanks for sticking with me.

I managed to get into the craft room briefly this week and managed to make two cards. One I can share with you today, the other will have to wait till Wednesday, as its for Andy's birthday.

A bloggie friend Naomi of Creative Bug on the Loose is not at all well at the moment, so I thought I would make a lovely summery and colourful card to cheer her day and make her smile.  Lisa of Décosse's Dynamite Doodles is helping out with Naomi's blog at the moment and she put a request out for some Get Well Wishes, so of course as soon as I was able I made a card.


I really enjoyed making this card and using Mojo Monday Sketch #292.  I really needed to get some mojo and loved this sketch.  Here is the sketch I used.


My papers are all from an  8" x 8" stack by Me and My Big Ideas, called Forever Watercolour.  


All the edges of all the layers have been inked with Cranberry CTMH ink.  And the Get Well Soon stamp is a Hero Arts Stamp.  The little flower on the front is from the same papers, just cut out by hand and popped up for some depth.

I was lucky enough to find a real bargain the other day, a little Singer sewing machine, it was $50.  I do have a full use sewing machine, but really didn't want to ruin it with paper sewing.  So I treated myself for Mother's Day :-)
 Singer Pixie Plus Electronic Sewing Machine
It's such a lovely size, doesn't take up much room and it's very light - perfect for moving around the craft room.

Of course, I had to use it and the sketch was perfect.

For the inside I used the same papers as the front.


I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend, it has been glorious weather here for the last two weeks. It's rained the last couple of days, but the gardens really needed it.  Hoping the sun comes back and just the occasional rain shower will do, until October would be nice!

Here is a little sneak peak of Andy's card, I used the same sketch :-)


This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Mojo Monday #292 - Sketch (as above)  (closes 12 May)

DL ART Thankful Thursday Linky challenge: Anything Goes (closes 31 May)

My Time to Craft - Challenge #221: Show us the Inside (closes 17 May)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

32 comments:

  1. fabulous card Karon, love all those summery colours!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card,love the fab stitching and layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the sketch...love those pretty papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome card Karon! Great take on the sketch and I LOVE the stitching!!!!
    Wishing you a very Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect take on the sketch Karon! love all the fun colours...
    Happy Mother's Day hope your day is going awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, those colors and patterns are great! I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Happy Mother's Day, I hope you're having a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karon I am soooo glad you are feeling better my friend.
    Please wish Andy a happy birthday!
    I love your card it is beautiful.
    Your friend will LOVE it.
    Glad to have you back.
    I've been working on projects and am just getting a chance to check my emails.
    226 of them YIKES better get to reading.
    Hugs
    D~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Mother's Day, my dear friend! Your cheerful card will bring so many smiles to Naomi's beautiful heart. The bright colors and whimsical designs will be such a delight for her (and for Michael, too)! The sewing is lovely.. you chose a very nice gift. :o) I'm delighted to hear you are feeling better! I hope you have a wonderful rest of the night!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THis is fabulous Karon. I love the card layout, the papers and those terrific bright colors!! Very summer-esque!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Karon! Love the stitching!! I love the sneak of Andy's card too!

    Susie
    P.S. Glad you're back and feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card, and I like how you used the sketch :)
    Those colours are so pretty and your sewing is so nice and straight :)
    so happy your migraines have gone...hoping they don't come back anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card!! Love the layers and your great take on the sketch! Great sewing machine! Love the size! Happy Mother's Day! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  13. First off thanks so much for helping out with the card drive.

    Your card is just stunning and I know Naomi will absolutely love it--in print and in person. You've put a lot of work into this creation and it shows. Oh and cool find with the mini sewing machine. I can't get over how tiny it is!

    Take care and have a great week!

    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to make a get well card to bring to a friend in the hospital today and this will be perfect. Have fun with your mini sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte - hope your visit goes OK.

      Delete
  15. Fabulous card. Love the stitching. Hope you had a Happy Mothers Day.

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Karon! love all the pretty colors and layers, your stitching looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. very BEAUTIFUL!!!I am happy to know that you are feeling better.
    Both recipients will love the cards! Happy Mother's Day!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥



    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so glad you are feeling better my friend!! Your card is absolutely stunning!! The papers are beautiful!! You nailed the sketch!! What a fabulous card...and the stitching looks amazing!! Happy Monday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad you're headaches are gone! Love your card. It is so pretty with bright colors. I like your sewing machine. I have a mini Janome but the darn thing is so hard to thread. Not at all as easy as my big Janome sewing machine but like you I do not want to use my big one for sewing paper!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card is very summer-like and the design is a great interpretation of the sketch. What a lovely card that will definitely cheer your friend up.

    Thanks so much for the lovely and kind sentiments about my time over at the Moxie Fab World. I'm glad you've been introduced and hope that you find it as inspiring as I have.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful card! I LOVE the layout and the patterned papers you used are just gorgeous. Great stitching and the inside is just as pretty as the outside. So happy to hear that your migraines have let up for you. I know you must feel as if a burden has been lifted from your shoulders! Hope you continue to feel well!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful summer colours.......I'm sure it will really cheer her up! Loving all the stitching, what a bargain for 50 dollars. Happy to hear you are feeling better. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  23. Karon I was so delighted to get your card and it certainly did make me smile and brightened my day with those gorgeous colors!!!! All cards look better in real life and this was no exception , it is gorgeous. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your love and support and I send it right back at you, I will be praying those nasty migraines take a hike. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it Naomi! Hugs for you too:-)

      Delete
  24. Hi Karon, I love your card. I live in Toronto, where did you buy your pixie plus machine. I'm looking to buy a sewing machine for crafting. Do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there - I got it at Canadian Tire last week - it was on offer. Not sure what the full price is meant to be - but it works great for my crafting :-) HTH and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  25. so nice to have you back, your sewing is beautiful. I love your craft room,so organised.hope i also make a nice lil room for mine too,thanks for the inspiration always, hope you are well now

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card.love the sewing and DP.Great job with sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You're one organised lady, Karon! You should see my craft room...maybe NOT! lol.
    Love the card and the colours are fab. I'm glad you've taken to sewing your cards...it's will soon be an addiction!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card, love those papers and the layout. Thanks for sharing with us at My Time To Craft.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...