Tuesday, 14 May 2013

They made me do it! They did!!

Hi everyone, bit of a non-crafty post today.

I spent the whole morning today in the craft room, but I did not craft!  After seeing the awesome craft rooms on Craftin Desert Diva's Craft it Up & Link it Up for this week, I thought it was about time I had another move around and sort out.

Grab a coffee and then settle down for a peak into my little world :-)

So here are a couple of before photos - bit messy.



My room is in a corner of the basement and those two windows are the only natural light source.

And now for the makeover.



Now for a little closer look at each section.  Working our way around the craft area, from left to right. This first section below, the rolling trolley on the left contains all my scrap papers, and scraps of solid colours.  The white shelving unit - top shelf, 8.5" by 11 solid colours are in those magazine holders.  My little X-Cut paper trimmer and my Martha Stewart trimmer. The iris cases on the second shelf, hold wooden stamps, adhesives and special papers.  My Martha Stewart score board sits on top.  The two photo boxes, one holds floral embellishments and the other my glue guns.  The bottom shelf holds Chirstmas papers, Christmas wooden stamps, heat embossing glitters and heat gun.


On the side of that white unit I have put some magnetic sheet to hang up the only Spellbinders dies I have - sad in it :-)


Onto my desk, this is the little area I work in, I have my Spectrum Noir pens and some little bits and pieces. Over to the right there is where you can see my Silhouette Cameo.


Next the other side of my desk.  On the wall unit, some wooden stamps up top, working down, my little containers of brads, then some inks and art glitter.  Next some glossy accents, embellishments and the more glitter and flocking.  On the shelf of my desk, the first little unit on the right is where I keep scissors, craft knives, some inkers and misters, pop dots and foam tape, and my brayer.  The next two are full of bling, pearl dots, embellishments.  The next two containers hold the small amount of acrylic stamps and some wooden stamps. 


Next stop is another spot for paper stacks, 12" by 12" solid colours and my ink pads.  Also my little calender and notice board to keep track of my DT commitments.


The photo boxes hold pre-folded cards and envelopes.  See there, that is how big my new little sewing machine is - isn't she cute.  My big one sits nicely under the desk, the little one fits nicely over to the left when not in use.  The pencil holder unit, and the drawer holds my scraps of ribbon.


This is my home made photo box.  It is sitting on my ribbon storage (the four drawers), general ribbon, then xmas ribbon underneath, then themed ribbon, and then twine and stuff.  Next to it you can see my rolls of vinyl and in the drawer are lots of bits and bobs, from packed buttons, to embellishments, stickers etc.  The fancy box to the right holds a lot of the cards that I have made.


My Cuttlebug and it's folders sit on my kids craft drawers. I have turned it so that they can still get into the drawers for their things, in the mean time, the top is great for me to use my Cuttlebug.


And there you have it - my nice little cosy area - all nice and tidy and ready to get back in there and craft.


I hope you have enjoyed taking a look around my craft room.  Now you have to head on over to Craftin Desert Diva's and show us all your craft space.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

29 comments:

  1. Wow Karon - what an awesome crafty space you have.. It's so organized.... Eventually I will be re-doing my space too, it's either moving it into one of my spare bedrooms or simply adding an extension to my existing space now. We are waiting for some quotes first.....
    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clean, so organized. I'm so very impressed. I, of course, have the Scrapbox, but I have to get out a folding table and set it up right in the middle of the family room for workspace. It's amazing how much stuff I can get out of the box and load up that table in no time.

    I hope the reorganization is another method for shrugging off those pesky migraines and we'll see a very prolific crafter in the coming weeks. Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh Karon what a fabulous crafting space - I'm so jealous! I've got a small table and a couple of sets of plastic drawers in the corner of the room and continually juggling for space! This looks gorgeous! Can I come and move in and share? lol!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous space!! Everything is so handy and well thought out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your craft space Karon!! You have lots of fun goodies in there! Thanks for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas Link Party, Guest Designer Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super nice craft space! I now need a sewing machine!! Love your setup.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Show Me Your Craft Space “ Linky Party.

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome space you have and very organized too. I love organized spaces and this one is just great! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Karon, your crafty space is amazing!! I love the set-up and all the work areas!! Your storage is fabulous!! I could spend hours in there!! Thanks so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas!! Have a great evening my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow fab space!so big and well organized.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your crafty space with us. I too need to sort, clean and organize. My space needsd a serious make over. If you thought your space was messy, you should see mine, but too embrassed to show pictures. Enjoy your new area Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great space, I love the sentiment on your wall. Everything is so neat and organized.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a wonderful space.
    You have so much room and are so lucky to have windows...I don't have any :(
    So nice to see where you create.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cool craft place and you're so organized!!

    Susie
    http://scrappyrandomness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Would love to come and play in your craft room ... looks great and I will bring the biscuits too xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very, very nice crafty space! Love how you have your spellbinders! Thank you for linking up with us for Tara's linky party at Craftin Desert Diva's. We hope that you will join us again for future linky parties!

    Robin
    Cut One Designs by Robin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Karon~
    Love your craft space. Great makeover. It is wonderful to see where you are hanging out when we talk.
    I am working on a post of my scrap space. I hope to get it out this week.
    Hugs~
    D~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Crafts are cheaper than therapy - really??? Lovely work station and a great tidy...want to do mine now? Jx

    ReplyDelete
  18. SImply fabulous!!! A place for everything and everything in it's place!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for all your lovely comments - if anyone wants to come play anytime, please feel free:-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Karon, your crafty space is simply amazing!!! It's huge and so beautifully organized. I love each area and can so easily picture you working away in there. :o) A wonderful space and I'm so happy you shared it with us! I won't be playing along because I don't have a crafty space, unfortunately! One day. :o) It wouldn't be very exciting showing a picture of my little computer desk, which is where I craft! Hehe. Thank you for the peek into your world!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved visiting your crafty area! It's amazing!! Now get to crafting in that nice clean space! :)
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thou shall not covet thy neighbour's craft room. Thou shall not covet thy neighbours craft room. Thou shall not.....

    Maybe if I say it enough I'll lose the craft room envy I'm experiencing. Fabulous space and toys and product and...thou shall not covet....

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super space Karon, it's so organized!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love that magnetic board for your Spellbinders, your room is great!

    Hugs,
    Chriss
    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com
    america57@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for posting your room on the HIMCR space. Awesome. Loved the tour. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Karon!I found your lovely blog from Hiding in my craftroom. I just had to come over and have a peek at your gorgeous room!! So much amazingh stuff you have!!! Thanks for sharing! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great space! Thanks for sharing with us at HIMCR!

    Hiding in My Craft Room
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your fantastic craft space!! Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...