Friday, 24 May 2013

Using Dies - hmmm!

Hi all you crafty crafters.  How has your week been?  Guess who comes home tonight, till Monday?  Andy of course - yay!  So looking forward to seeing him.  We also have to take the girls to their Taekwondo Competition tomorrow, so it's good that he is home to see them take part.

It's another weeks challenge at Polka Doodles, we are at Week 21 and this weeks theme is To Die for - use dies on your card.

Now, I did take this one literally.  I know I have my Silhouette and my Cricuts, but I decided to see if I could come up with something, just using my Spellbinders dies.  Now if you recall, when I showed you my craft room, I also showed you how I stored my ton's of dies (LOL), see below in the photo - that is the extent of my dies.


Exciting or what :-)

Anyways, I did come up with something, let me know what you think.


My papers are all from the Polka Doodles All Around and Everywhere CD.  The flower is from the Cherryblossom Lane CD, cut and layered and a little pearl dot added to the centre.

I used the Spellbinders Big Scallop rectangle, the two smaller sizes, and then inked and layered them together.  I popped up the rectangles to add a little depth.


I couldn't resist and had to scrap lift an idea from Jessica over at Chic-n-Scrap, she had made a card with some fabric ribbon and had stamped a sentiment on it.  It looked so cool that I had to give it a go.  I used Memento Tuxedo black ink and the sentiment is from the Polka Doodles Fairy Flutterfly rubber stamp set, Meeshelle.  I added a couple of little pearl dots either side of the sentiment.  It didn't even bleed into the fabric, fab or what!

For the inside I used the same papers.


And there you have it. 

Polka Doodles has free shipping worldwide on all purchase of £10 (around $16) or more.  These fabulous CD's have so much on them and there are so many other fabulous things to add to your cart, why not pop over and take a look at all the yummy stuff, Polka Doodles.

Hope you can take the time to enter the challenge this week.  You have until the Sunday 2 June (12pm GMT) to get creative.  Please, do not forget, that you can only enter a total of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles, to be eligible for any prizes.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

26 comments:

  1. Wow........so creative Karon! Love your gorgeous card, the colours are so prettty too! I have about the same amount of dies as you!I invested to much in cartridges so I use my cricut. Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Karon! Fantastic card, I love how you layered the diecuts and popped one for dimension, it has a gorgeous effect... the stamping on ribbon is awesome!!!!Beautiful papers and colors... so happy hubby is home!!eeek! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this Karon!!! What a gorgeous card! The colors, the way you used the dies and of course the stamping on the ribbon :)Isn't it such a great technique to add a bit more to the sometimes plain ribbon....and easy too!!!
    Thanks for sharing....for the shout out and I hope you have a GREAT weekend with the hubs!! Good luck to the girls at their competition!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card Karon and love the colours on those papers!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Karon, love the way you used the dies and stamped on the ribbon. I did that once and it ran so I learned real quick to use Stazon ink :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karon! I like the way you used the dies, it's different and very interesting. Beautiful card as always! Enjoy your weekend with your hubby :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very Beautiful card and Great idea on the spellbinders dies.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this one. Sometimes its nice to use only dies. Makes you think in a different way. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty. Love the layering and stamping on the ribbon. I only have twice as many dies as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very lovely Karon... love the angles of the dies, the stamping on the ribbons and that pretty flower....

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool way to use your dies. I love it. :)
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! Love how you used your Spellbinders! I love the magnet board to hold them! I would love to have an entire wall made of that stuff! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Karon! Such a pretty card :) I love the softness of the colors. I would have never thought to use those dies that way - very clever! Funny thing is I have been using dies, too. I usually don't but I like the how quick it is to use them. Finding space for them? That's another story! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how your card turned out!
    The colors are real pretty together.
    I have some Spellbinder dies that I have never used.
    I think it is time to break them out and plat a little.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Enjoy your family time. I'm glad it is an Andy weekend!
    Hugs
    D~

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so proud of you! You resisted the temptation of using the ever wonderful cutting machines and went old school!! That makes this card even more terrific. Love that you popped up the rectangles and the inking looks terrific. That centerpiece flower is so eye catching and then BAM...stamping on ribbon...AWESOME!! It's a gorgeous card with so much movement and a very happy aura about it. You did a super job on this. :) Best of luck to you daughter at the competition and I'm so happy that you get the whole family together. :)
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. You created a beautiful card here my friend. Love the design and the added touches to the ribbon. Have a fabulous time with Andy and the girls.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just gorgeous, Karen!! You used the dies so creatively and beautifully!! I love the pretty papers and colors!! Fabulous job my friend!! Enjoy your weekend with Andy!! I hope your girls have a great time at the competition - good luck to them!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like how you stamped the fiber. You're right, it didn't bleed or anything. Nice job! I also like that flower in the center of your die cuts. Definitely an eye catcher. Great design overall and nice inspiration. Family in town myself (though not as exciting as Andy being home) so I'm not sure whether I'll get any crafting in. Maybe :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is beautiful Karon, I love the pretty flower!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a pretty card karon. So happy your hubby is home and gets to watch the girls competition

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow everyone - thanks for the fab comments :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card Karon!! Love using my dies. I sometimes forget about them because I keep them stored nearly out of site! Thanks for sharing!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing job with the dies Karon, I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great job, Karon! Love the soft colours. Love your die storage system. Have a nice day.
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Karon, this card is gorgeous! You so beautifully showcase that one can still make lovely creations without needing five bazillion dies. :o) Your use of them is so brilliant. I love the shading, the design, and of course that exquisite flower front and center. The sentiment looks amazing, too. I have missed you dearly and am so happy to be back. I finished with all of two hours to spare last night! Ha! Lots of catch-up this weekend, which is a joy. YOU bring me joy. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...