Monday, 10 June 2013

Birthday Wishes and stitches.

Hi everyone.  I hope you all had a fabulous weekend.  Ours was a little on the quiet side and on Saturday I felt like a lost soul!  Didn't know what to do with myself and was so wishing Andy was here. Oh well, he will be home at the end of the month :-)

Anyways, I have a friends birthday coming up this week so thought I would get something done.  I decided to go a little bit floral and shabby for this one.


My papers are from a Momenta 6 x 6 Cardstock called Rendezvous.  The floral topper was a blog candy win from Mary at Moonlighting Designs.  It was from a set of 8 called French Flowers.  She has loads of beautiful vintage images.


I distressed all the layers with a Tim Holtz distressing tool and stitched two of the first double layers on my little sewing machine.

Popped up the second two layers (script and rose) on some foam tape.  The strip of ribbon is two pieces of ribbon layered on top of each other and then I added a little bow to finish off.

The sentiment is from a Scrappy Moms stamp set called Hooray for Birthdays.


For the inside I used the same two layers as the front, although I didn't stitch these ones.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Love to Create Challenge - Challenge #69: Vintage or Shabby (closes 16 June)

Allsorts Challenge Blog - Challenge #210: In the garden (closes 14 June)

Challenges 4 Everybody - Challenge #22: Anything Goes (closes 21 June)

I hope you all have the most fabulous week.

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy crafting.

26 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card,love the image and fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karon! I really love the colors and it goes so perfectly with that gorgeous vintage floral image, love all the distressing!!!!
    You will have to get really busy crafting to keep your mind of missing Andy...yeah like that is going to happen right? I feel for you. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love the papers, flower layer and colors. Happy Monday.

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card...beautiful bow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Karon. Great papers and stitching too!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just Simply BEAUTIFUL!! love the shabby look, very Elegant!
    Amazing job!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful.... love the colors. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Karon - love the colours and the image...

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and love these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, Karon!! I love the colors and the distressed edges!! The stitching is fabulous!! Happy Monday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really beautiful karon and thanks for joining my challenge over at Allsorts this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry to hear about your lonely heart on Saturday. I just can't imagine how hard this has been with Andy gone. The end of the month is approaching, if not fast enough. Set your mind on then. We're happy to see your crafting between now and then... This card is fabulous with all the details that we've come to expect from you. Your friend will truly be blessed by this card, enjoying a very happy birthday I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a beautiful card, Karon. Love the papers and colors. Very pretty ribbon too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry you were missing your husband :(
    Your card is stunning. I love the colours you picked out of the image.
    And your bow is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My dear friend, I am sorry your heart was missing your sweetheart so much... but I must say, you turned it into such an exquisite creation! This birthday card is stunning. The papers are so pretty and I am in love with that floral topper. The ribbon is so beautiful, especially with that *perfect* bow! This entire design is sweet as a button and will be a burst of joy to your friend. Marvelous creation, Karon! She will treasure this! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous Karon!! Love the colors, and card LO and your stitching is AWESOME!!!!
    Such a beautiful birthday card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks everyone - hope you all have a fab week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card,beautiful colours and great design. Thank you for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Karon what a lovely card, the layout is super, it really shows off the paper & your image!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG! Karon your card is just so pretty and to think you even did sewing on it! Beautiful colours and beautiful papers. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh, this is gorgeous! Your bow is so beautifully done! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create!

    Mei
    LTC DT
    Creative Card Crew DT
    Crazy Challenge DT
    Anyone for Anya DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this beautiful birthday card! The colors are very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a beautiful birthday card! I am so glad I have the time to today to visit and see what what you have been creating. I love the look that stitching gives to cards and I love the feminine colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those peach tones are absolutely beautiful! love it!

    -sammi-
    Simple Salutations

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, this card is just stunning from the layout to your paper choices. STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...