Friday, 21 June 2013

Birthdays, Birthdays, Birthdays!

Gosh, there seems to be so many birthdays going on.  Well, I suppose every day of the year there is someone having a birthday!  Is it you?

It's challenge week 25 at Polka Doodles and this weeks theme is Summer Birthday's.  Lots of pretty flowers, sun, sea and sand, vacations such a diverse selection for that Birthday this week.

It's my Mother-in-laws birthday in July and she lives in the UK, so I have made a postage friendly card for my bit of inspiration this week.


My papers, and the heart frame for this card, are from the Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 CD - this amazing CD is so versatile, including In the Garden, All Sewn Up and Welcome Home.  With over 300 unique elements.  Remember that Polka Doodles has worldwide free shipping, on all orders over £10 (around $16).


I took a sentiment from the Cherryblossom Lane CD and merged it with the heart shaped frame.  I then used the cut and print feature on my Silhouette Cameo to cut them out.  I rotated the top heart slightly and placed it on foam tape to add some depth.

A little bit of ribbon around that centre panel, with a pretty double bow to finish off.  I love these papers, that burlap paper almost looks real.

For the inside I used the same papers.  The rose stamp is from a See D's stamp set called Springtime Swirls.  I inked all the edges of all the layers in CTMH Barn Red ink, as well as for the rose stamp.

I seem to be in the mood for roses lately :-)


So come on over to Polka Doodles this week and enter our latest challenge.  Don't forget, you can only enter a maximum of 10 challenges, including Polka Doodles, in order to eligible for any prizes.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Totally Papercrafts Friday Challenges -  Challenge #172: Flowers and Bows (closes 27 June)

Pollycraft Challenges - Challenge #1: Anything Goes (closes 3 July)


Silhouette Challenges: Challenge #2: Print and Cut (closes 30 June)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

32 comments:

  1. Love that burlap. You're right - it's realistic and perfect for all things shabby. Great job! Have great weekend!
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card Karon, love the papers!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous,love the colours and layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful. Great papers and design. She will love it.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card...have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She will love this GORGEOUS card! I do!!Beautiful flower paper...love it!
    Would LOVE if you joined us at Silhouette Challenges.(Print & Cut)
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card for your mother-in-law. She has a very lovely daughter-in-law to make such thoughtful card. I think my favorite is the burlap paper. You really have a way of making the postage friendly card seem full of depth and detail. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card Karon! love those papers!
    TFS - enjoy your happy Friday and weekend ahead~

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is beautiful... I love all the layers and the wonderful use of burlap! Love it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely gorgeous, Karen!! The papers are so beautiful!! The burlap paper is amazing - it gives it great texture without adding the bulk!! Just fabulous my friend!! Happy Friday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your beautiful card!!
    The colors are gorgeous.
    Love your sentiment heart.
    She will love it.
    Hugs
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice card Karon, I like the double bow and the burlap!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another beautiful card Karon! Love the beautiful colors and papers and that flower is awesome!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karon, this is just gorgeous! The papers are indeed divine... the burlap paper is so textural in appearance. The bow is such a sweet touch and I adore the loving sentiment. You just can't beat hearts and flowers for a special birthday! She will love this! Wonderful work as always, my friend! Have a marvelous weekend. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks everyone - have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the flower against the burlap paper looks amazing....Have a fab weekend. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous papers and the bow is just perfect. Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful! I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes June Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. What I said earlier my friend...
    Thank you for joining us at Silhouette Challenges.
    Have a wonderful weekend my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card is so pretty. I love the papers and the burlap. Really stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a pretty feminine card. Great detail

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty! The burlap paper fooled me!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful birthday card! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card! thanks for joining us at FD!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so pretty! Thanks for joining us for the Pollycraft Challenge!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. your card is just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your use of the Polka Dots! Thanks for joining in our Fabulous Friday Challenge at Frosted Designs this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great card,thanks for joining us over at Frosted designs.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Another really pretty card. Love all the layers you've gone with.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...