Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Rough around the edges!

Hi everyone - it's that time of the month when I share a post with you all and also with everyone over at She's a Sassy Lady.

June seems to be the months for birthdays around here, so I have another birthday card to share with you.

Now you will have seen the topper for this card last week, I liked it so much that I just had to use it again.  You can check out last weeks card, if you feel the urge, here :-)  I did manage to print it out properly this week, so it's clearer.


For my card, I decided to have a go at a little shabby chic.  All my layers have been distressed with a Tim Holtz Distressing Tool and then I inked all the edges with Tea Dye distress ink.

The main layers are from a Momenta 6 x 6 pad called Rendezvous.  The rose topper is from Moonlighting Designs by Mary.  It is from a set of 8 called French Flowers.


I decided to add some rolled flowers,  the flowers are from the Cricut Flower Shoppe cartridge, scallop 1 on page 13.  The leaves are from the Art Philosophy cartridge, page 43.  If you would like to see a tutorial on how I add detail to my leaves you can here.

I added a little bit of lace on that second layer to give it a more vintage feel.  The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms called Hooray for Birthdays.


This was really fun to make and once I had decided on the papers, didn't take too long to pull together.

For the inside I used the papers from the front and the little rose stamp is from a See D's stamp set called Springtime Swirls.


I hope you are all having a fabulous week.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Challenges 4 Everybody - Challenge #22: Anything Goes (closes 21 June #2)

Sister Act Challenges - Challenge #11: Anything Goes (closes 20 June)

Bearly Mine Challenges - Challenge #91: Flowers Galore (closes 24 June)

Eclectic Ellapu - Challenge: Celebrate Summer Sunshine (closes 22 June)

DL ART Thankful Thursday Linky Challenge: June Anything Goes (closes 30 June)

Thanks for stopping by and for always encouraging me with your fabulous comments and bloggie love.

Happy crafting.

28 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Karon!!! Love the papers card LO!
    Thanks for sharing and hope you have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what shabby goodness, Karon. Love the floral additions and the wam, rich colours. Have a lovely day!
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding taste in papers for this shabbylicious creation, Karon. :) I still can't believe those are handmade flowers....I thought for sure that was a bought trio, but WOW, so excited to read that you made them and the leaves!!! It's a gorgeous vintage birthday card.
    Hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so beautiful! Love the colors and the flowers you made, and look the inside is just as pretty as the ourside. LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing today at She's A Sassy Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful. Love the flowers and layering.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the distressed look and those flowers are fabulous! Such a pretty, vintage card ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karon this card is beautiful. Love everything about it. TFS.
    I haven't tried shabby chic yet. You do it so well.
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I love the distressing and the shabby chic look to this card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous flowers and the shabby look is a BEAUTY. One of my favorite cards!
    It is a BEAUTY!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, Karon!! The distressed and inked edges look fabulous!! The flowers are so pretty!! Absolutely beautiful card my friend - I love it!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a gorgeous card, lovely image and pretty papers - I love the shabby chic look.
    Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Designs this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card lovely detail and design.
    Thank you for joining us at Bearly mine Challenge.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elegant and so detailed Karon.. love all the pretty blooms and papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is so beautiful. Wonderful paper selection, embellishments, and sentiment. Your friend is well and truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful card.
    I love your rolled flowers. I thought they were made with ricrac, so so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty - love the distressing, the pretty flowers and the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. fabulous card Karon, and those rolled roses look stunning!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Karon, this is really beautiful. Love the colors, papers, flowers, every bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Karon this is just lovely I think the rough edges and lace look so nice with your image!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you all - I was really pleased with how this turned out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow love those flower so shabby chic beautiful! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just Beautiful.....love your shabby card with all those distressed edges and pretty image. Love the sweet flower cluster too:)Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! Karon this is such a beautiful card and the colors you chose are perfect, I love those flowers. Fabulous work my friend!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  24. Karon, my dear friend, this is such an incredibly beautiful birthday card! The papers are stunning, particularly for a shabby chic design. This is simply gorgeous! The flowers are mesmerizing. :o) Marvelous creation once again, Karon. It is apparent that you had so much fun making this... which I'm just thrilled to see. :o) Have a twinkly night, my friend!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful breath of summer!
    Thanks for joining us at Eclectic ELlapu and I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another completely stunning creation. I need to find some more descriptive words for stunning because everything you do is just so incredible!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...