Thursday, 27 June 2013

Under the Sea!

Hi all my crafty friends.  Hope your week is going well.  I'm going to have a little waffle, not too long I promise.

For those of you that follow my blog, you will know that Andy is working away in Winnipeg at the moment.  Looks as if he is going to be there until February next year :-(

Anyways, last Thursday, Andy rings to say he is not feeling a hundred percent, and then rings me late in the evening to say he is on his way to ER.  He has suffered with kidney stones and has had one rather large one that has been stationary for the last couple of years.  Well this stone has decided to move and it is also bigger.  He spent most of the night in ER but was then released.

He went back on Monday for a CT scan, and they have confirmed that the stone is bigger and he won't be able to pass it.  So, they are starting to look into some sort of operation to remove the stone.  He is OK in himself, although a little lethargic at times, and his body knows there is something not quite right.

So, albeit, I have been a little distracted this week, however, he is coming home this weekend for the long weekend (Canada Day) and I really can't wait to see him.

There, if you are still with me, I do actually have something to share with you.

Nikky of Polka Doodles has a new Double CD that has just been released.  It is called Bonbon Belles, and boy is this a most amazing collection.  You have to check this out, there is so much on these CD's and Nikky has put together a little You Tube video to show some of the yummy stuff, click on the Bonbon Belles link above and then the You tube link is on that page. (Remember, all purchase over £10 {$16 approx} qualify for free shipping!!)


So here is my creation to share with you today.  I used a black and white digital, mermaid.  All the images come with, or without, wings.  There are also coloured versions, so you can just make quick toppers with the images.  


All the papers are from the CD and I used the green flourish to be the seaweed.  All the seaweed, shells and image were cut on my Silhouette Cameo.  The sentiment is also from the collection.

The image was coloured with my Spectrum Noir pens.  Hey, I even remembered to keep a record.

Hair      CT4, GB1, CT1, LY3

Skin      FS2, TN2

Wings   CR2, FS1, TN1

Tail       BT4, BT5 and blender pen

Shells    PP3, PP5

Sea Horse   IG1, IG2, IG3


All the edges of all the layers have been inked.  


I added some pop dots to the seaweed on the left and two of the star fish, just to add a little depth.

For the inside, I used the same papers as the front and added a little shell stamp to the corners.


I so enjoyed pulling this card together.

I hope you enjoyed your visit today, and hope you didn't mind me sharing a bit of life with you :-)

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Spectrum Noir Challenge - Summer (closes 30 June)

Cameo Creations Challenge - Summer Summer Summer Time (closes 10 July)

Crafting for All Seasons - Challenge #55: Make it Girly (closes 8 July)

My Time to Craft - Challenge #227: Spots and Stripes (closes 28 June)

Red Carpet Studio - Challenge #42: Going Digital (closes 29 June)

Stampin with the Dragon - Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 4 July)

Lacy Sunshine Challenge Blog - Challenge #11: Always Anything Goes (closes 6 July)

Challenges 4 Everybody - Challenge #23: Anything Goes (closes 6 July)

Crafting by Designs - Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 2 July)

Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog - Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 3 July)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

34 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous,loving the image and fab details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Karon. Really love the colours. Nikky's done a great job with this CD.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Karon....I am so sorry to hear about your hubs. It has to be beyond difficult to hear him over the phone in pain and not be able to be with him :( Glad he is homeward bound this weekend..bet you and the kids are over the moon excited about that!! Hope he is feeling better soon!
    And onto your card....I LOVE it!! What a GREAT image and you colored her so beautifully!!!!
    Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Karon - I am sorry to hear about your husband!! My husband has kidney stones and has had several surgeries. They are sooo painful!!! I bet you feel pretty hopeless not being close to him!! I hope they can blast the stone so he can pass it, unless they can remove it. They have told us several times that Mike just has to pass them.....so painful!!! I will be thinking of you both!!

    Your card is so pretty!! I love all of the paper layers and the images!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh, I hope hubby has a speedy recovery...Kidney stones are the hardest I ever had to deal with, yes I would take delivering my boys again over it, I am so happy they are going to do something about it..mostly likely zap it which the good thing is there are hardly any body scars... then again I am not sure what they do if it is really big... my thoughts are with you sweetie and I am so happy you will see him for Canada day long weekend!!!!

    Your card is divine, just gorgeous!!
    Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love that mermaid and how you colored her! Great papers too!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card. I didn't quite understand how the CD shows colored images yet you used Copics. I'll have to check that out further. But I did want to comment on your cross stitching, which I've just noticed. Beautiful work. I did lots of that, plus crewel, at one time, but my last stitching was nearly four years ago - the birth of a grandson. Each of my grandchildren have "birth announcements" I've done except the last two. I'm always feeling guilty about that. Talk about a hiatus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw I can image the pain your hubby is experiencing, my hubby had his removed almost now 2 years. He also had a big stone and had it removed by laser, which it breaks down the stone and they suck it out. He was down for 3 weeks for recovery. Hope he feels better soon~
    Anyhow your card is beautiful as always...
    TFS Karon - enjoy your special moments when he gets home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness! Well wishes to your hubby and you too as I know you must worry about him! Love, love, love your card! Such a sweet mermaid and I love all the pretty details!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thoughts and prayers are with you and hubby that things will work out well. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! This is stunning, Karon. Love all the extras you've got on there...they've all come together so beautifully. Hope Andy feel better soon. Sound really painful.
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry to hear about your hubby. I hope that He is feeling a little better. WOW!
    With the long weekend it will be good for both of you to spend it together.
    Sending my prayers..
    Your cards is a BEAUTY!!! The images are GORGEOUS!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope Andy feels much better soon. My thoughts and prayers are with you both. I absolutely LOVE your card!! She's gorgeous and you colored her perfectly!! Love the sentiment, too!! Awesome card my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  14. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Andy. I will pray that his doctors can quickly identify the least difficult solution and he'll be healing towards normal soon. I can see why you are distracted. Look forward to that weekend!

    The card is so professional looking. Your coloring is always spot on and this card is no different. What a beautiful layered card design you've made to compliment your mermaid. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beauty of a card, Karon. Lovely papers and gorgeous coloring.
    Hope your hubby does well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My dear friend, many prayers going up for Andy! I know the agony of kidney stones well. Lots of gentle hugs for him. I'm sure he will have a speedy recovery! :o) I'm so happy you get to see him this weekend. As for your card, it is beautiful. Every single inch... from the sweet papers to the gorgeously-colored image, to the fantastic sentiment. Lovely design, inside and out. :o) Lots of love being sent to you, Karon!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card. Wishing Andy a speedy recovery Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Karon:) I'm sorry to hear about Andy and the kidney stones those are PAINFUL, I'm glad he is coming home this weekend to spend time with you, which I'm sure you will take good care of him:) I hope he recovers soon. My thoughts and prayers going your way my friend. You card is beautiful and so is the inside.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts and fabulous comments. You are the bestest bloggie friends ever :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness last summer my hubs had 3 stones that were too large to pass.
    The first one got stuck so they placed a stent until they could blast it in a lithotripsy tank. It was 8x9mm. They lasered the other two during separate surgeries. They were 5x6mm each. This is the 12th time he's had them.
    Please tell Andy to feel better. I hope they can do his surgery soon.
    Take care my friend.
    D~
    PS Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness, I hope he is alright to travel.
    He will feel so much better to be at home with you and the girls. And you will be so happy to be able to take care of him.
    Now onto your card.
    I love the look to your card,not only do I love the mermaid, I also like the dimension you added with the sea weed

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope your hubby is doing well - those kidney stones can be very difficult to deal with. Best wishes for him and for you as you deal with this from a distance.
    I love your gorgeous mermaid -she is really fabulous! The seaweed turned out so, so pretty - what a great touch. And, the little shells and sea creatures are adorable. This is a beautiful card ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous creation, love the colours & those cuts look fab!

    Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. So Beautiful Karon....I love fairies! Wow, you get so much on the CD.. Great colouring too! Hope your husband is feeling better soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is just lovely Karon such a pretty image, the dimension the seaweed has is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  26. A very sweet card! Thanks for playing along at Red Carpet Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fab card, cute mermaid too, thanks for sharing at MTTC x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful subtle colours and fantastic colouring. Like how you created the under the sea effect


    Thanks for taking part in the Stampin'with the Dragon 'Anything Goes' Challenge with us.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  29. So very pretty! You did a great job with the mermaid! (My dad has suffered off and on with kidney stones - they are no fun.)

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a beautiful card! So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Red Carpet Studios!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Karon, hate to hear Andy is not feeling well. Sam my hubby has stones a few years back. They were able to dissolve them with meds. I sure hope the same goes for Andy where he can skip the surgery. Now on to your BEAUTIFUL card. The colors and gorgeous and the image is beautiful. I love how you decorated the inside too. Just beautiful.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful and fun creation.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...