Monday, 15 July 2013

Christmas in July - Yep!

Hi everyone - I hope you all had a fabulous weekend and are raring to go.  Did you know that Christmas is only 162 days away?  Well you do now LOL!

Hot on the heels of the recent release of Polka Doodles new Bonbon Belles Double Cd, is this fabulous new Mini collection called Angelberry Christmas.  Oh my, the digis on this CD are so so adorable. There are 8 fabulous new digi angels, if you don't fancy colouring, there are even pre-coloured images for you to use.  So many wonderful papers, embellishments, sentiments, even borders.

**** Angelberry Christmas

My first image I chose to colour, had to be the angel and the little robin.


Now, I have to admit that the papers are not from the new CD - we were given the digis the other week and I couldn't wait to make it into a card.  So all the papers for this card are from the Studio 12 CD - Picknix Collection 2 - Gingerbread Twist.  

My image was coloured with my Spectrum Noir markers.


The markers I used were :-

Face    -  TN2, FS2, PP3
Hair     -  GB1, TN2, TN3
Dress   -  BT2, BT4, BT5
Scarf/Stockings   -  BT5, BT7
Robin   -  TN2, TN3, CR6
Boots   -  TN4, TN5
Wings   -  IG2

She was cut out using my Silhouette Cameo and I placed here on some pop dots to add a little depth.  I stitched around the first two layers with my little sewing machine and inked all the edges of all the layers.  A bit of ribbon to finish off the card.


For the inside, as always, I have used papers from the front of the card.


Well - I have made a start on my Christmas cards.  I actually have another one to share with you tomorrow.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Sassy Studio Designs - Dare to be Sassy Thursday #185: Christmas in July (closes 17 July)

Whimsical Designs - Christmas in July (closes 18 July)

Totally Papercrafts Friday Challenges -  Challenge #175: All of a flutter (closes 18 July)

Brown Sugar Challenge Blog - Challenge #50: Shades of Blue (closes 18 July)

Through the Purple Haze Challenge Blog - Challenge #1a : Anything goes (closes 20 July)

Cut it Up Challenges - Challenge #23: Christmas in July (closes 24 July)

My Craft Spot - Monday Challenge #104: Christmas in July (closes 22 July)

Always Playing with Paper - Merry Monday "Month Long Anything Goes Christmas (closes 4 Aug)

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra - Every Month Anything Goes : For July (closes 31 July)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

44 comments:

  1. Beautiful card,fabulous image and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card Karon! Great colors and love the image!!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooooh Karon,I love this gorgeous card. The image is so pretty...wonderful colouring too! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!!! Love how you've coloured that image....those digis from Angeberry are sooo darn cute! have a great week, my friend.
    hugs, Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card---such a great image! Well done!
    Hugs,
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karon, what a beautiful Christmas card. The angel image is so sweet and adorable. Love how you colored her! And thanks for sharing the inside of the card also. Very nicely done! Thanks for joining us this week at the Through the Purple Haze Challenges. I hope you will play along every week!

    Darcy DT
    Through the Purple Haze Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Karon. Love the angel. Fabulous papers and design. TFS my friend.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Karon! I love the color!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are no words but.....Simply BEAUTIFUL!
    A wonderful job!
    Would love for you to join us at Cut It Up Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M (my blog)♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Karon. Such pretty colours too xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Karon, this is absolutely gorgeous!! Your coloring is perfect!! She looks so beautiful!! Love the colors and design!! Just fabulous my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. How sweet - wonderful job coloring - she looks great on all those layers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's so cute!! I love the soft blues you used, very different for a Christmas card- it will standout. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is exquisite! I love the soft colors and the beautiful bow.
    Thank you for linking to Cut it Up Challenges!
    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just beautiful, Karon. Love the soft colors and the lively coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty card! The image is so sweet and I love the aqua blue color! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute image and a lovely card, thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty, can't believe you are ahead for Christmas.... LOL, I don't even one to think of it yet....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a lovely card! Love the image and your coloring! Thanks for sharing with us at Sassy Studio Designs!!
    Hugs, Adina

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for all you wonderful comments my friends and visitors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful - inside and out! What a pretty little angel and those colors are fabulous. Your card just makes me smile - I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card and gee thanks, 162 days you say, lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty card.

    Thank you for joining us at Brown Sugar :)

    Julie (AnyOldCraft) DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. lovely card,so pretty, thanks so much for sharing with us at TPC x carol

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous card, I adore your colour choices. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges for our very first challenge xxx

    Lynne DT Through the Purple Haze challenges

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely card - love that ribbon and bow very much! thank you for joining us at Brown Sugar - have a happy crafting week! Gail DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. Karon, such a wonderful card both inside and out. Great coloring on the image. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely card, this image is so pretty. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my gosh Karon she is GORGEOUS! Love your beautiful color combo. TFS.
    D~

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love these cards Karon...great coloring. So pretty!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your card is beautiful Karon.
    I love angels and these girls are so so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful card. Love the colours.

    Thanks for sharing with us at TPC this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Trying to ignore the fact we should be getting prepared for the dreaded season!!! But this is so stunning... Hmmm.. I mnight have to change my tactics and make something before Chrimbo Eve!!! Love it!
    Thanks for playing along at Through The Purple Haze Challenge Blog!
    Debs.. Purple Haze DT

    ReplyDelete
  34. Stunning card, love your papers and how you finished out the inside! Thanks so much for the update on how many days left until Christmas, NOT! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze.

    ReplyDelete
  36. such a lovely card. thanks for playing along with through the purple haze from sian (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Such a lovely card and now i have to start my christmas cards! i love the angel she is lovely ....Many thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges...Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Christmas cards are always my favorites, so I'm SUPER excited to see this from you! :o) The angel is stunning, as is her sweet birdie friend. :o) The papers are some of the prettiest I've seen and I love the entire design. Gorgeous creation, my talented friend! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lovely card! Adore the soft colors and you did an amazing job on coloring the image. Thanks for joining us at CIU Challenges. ~Tami

    ReplyDelete
  40. I saw your lovely Christmas card on Always playing with paper Merry Monday - you might also like to enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thanks for entering my CHNC challenge extra for July – hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  42. These papers are just gorgeous. I love the non traditional colours. Nice layout, pretty ribbon and a sweet image all come together to create another beautiful card.

    And would you look at that? I'm finally caught up once again! Hope you have been well and staying as cool as possible with the heat we had been experiencing. Doesn't sound like you have air conditioning though, so I hope you are managing in the basement.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...