Thursday, 25 July 2013

Count down to the weekend.

Hi my friendly crafters.  Hope you are all having a fabulous week.  Here at our house we are on countdown to the weekend.  Hmmm - I wonder why?  Well, Andy is coming home and he is going to be home for 10 days - yay!

And what am I doing, taking the girls to the US for 3 days retail therapy :-)  Clothes shopping, craft shopping, craft shopping, clothes shopping.  Did I say craft shopping?

I know, you are probably thinking how terrible I am, but it was Andy's choice and guess what he is going to do?  Paint fences!  He decided he would enjoy the time in the house (instead of an apartment) and would get the fences done, which have been crying out for paint for several years.

Anyways, we still get to spend 7 days together as a family and we are all so glad he is coming home for an extended break until the 5 August.

So, enough of my rambling, here is a Thank you card that I made yesterday evening.  I decided to do a joy fold card, but to turn it on it's side instead.   See the flower, that is a twine flower made by my daughter Shannon.  She was so pleased to see another of her flowers on one of my cards.


I so enjoyed using the Perfect Pearls the other day, that I decided to give it another go, but on white.  I think it turned out OK, but I prefer the darker card stock.  I used the Pewter, Heirloom Gold, Green Patina and Blue Patina.  The sentiment stamp is a Studio 112 and I used Versamark Ink and then added the Perfect Pearls with a small paint brush.


I used papers from a First Edition 6" by 6" stack, called Bird Song.  These papers really are fabulous, some have glitter, some have gloss and some on plain and double sided.  


For the inside, I added a small pink panel to write in the card.  All the edges of all the layers have been inked with CTMH Cranberry ink.  My card base is Kraft, and the card measures 4.25" by 5.5".


I realise I have this inside photo round the wrong way, but it was getting late and I wanted to get this post scheduled.  I can't remember the last time I made a joy fold card.  Trying to liven things up a little, instead of doing the same old rectangle :-)

I hope you all have a fabulous rest of the week.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Crafting When We Can - Challenge #49: Floral (closes 3 Aug)

Challenges 4 Everybody - Challenge #25: Anything Goes (closes 2 Aug)

Inky Chicks - Challenge #9: Summer Colours (closes 3 Aug)

As you Like it Challenge - Challenge #7: Favorite fancy fold and why (closes 7 Aug)
                                         Why the joy fold card - it is quick to put together and so versatile.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

33 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Karon!! Love the fold and fun papers!
    Yippee for the hubs coming home!!! Have a GREAT extended visit!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for an extended visit! And your card is so pretty...love those gorgeous papers. Happy shopping to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Joy Fold' is one of my favourites.....gorgeous card, love the pretty pink twine flower! Enjoy your weekend.........and craft shopping, hope you find some bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Karon. Fab papers, fun fold and tell Shannon I too love seeing another one of her flowers. TFS!

    How exciting to have the hubby home. Enjoy your time.

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Glad you will get to spend time with hubby. Enjoy that shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a pretty card!! I just love my perfect pearls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad your hubby is coming home!!! Enjoy your time together!!!

    Love your card - beautiful as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell your daughter Shannon that her flowers NEVER cease to amaze me! I am loving the beautiful twine creation on your fabulous joy fold card. I completely understand the need to jazz things up a bit.;) The colors and layout are perfection and I love seeing the shimmer even on the inside! Have a wonderful time together as a family shopping and doing house hold "honey do" stuff and spending those wonderful 7 days together!!!
    Hugs to you my friend,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Enjoy your crafting, I mean clothes shopping trip and your extra days with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card, Karon. I particularly like the pearls, though I agree that they standout and are more stunning on dark backgrounds. I just tell myself that using them on lighter papers is "subtle". However, nothing subtle about the design. The joy fold works so well here. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card - love that twine flower! Have a marvelous time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it Karon...you should join in at As You Like It, the challenge is favourite fancy fold!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Joy fold is always so elegant. Lovely papers and details. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great little card. Love the details. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your card. Love how it opens. CUTE!. TFS.
    Well the fence does need to get done and he is going to be busy so you ladies might as well keep yourselves busy.
    Wish we lived closer I'd come bug I mean tag along. lol.
    Have a wonderful and SAFE trip!
    D~

    ReplyDelete
  16. How awesome, looks like you have a fun schedule when hubby gets home... How excitng! Love your pretty fold card and the twine flower...
    Enjoy your happy homecoming for hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Karon - so sweet to find message for you on my blog. Thanks so much!!

    Your card is adorable. I love how it folds and the flower made by Shannon is wonderful. You have been a busy lady these last several months - I will be back to do some more peeking at what you have been up to.

    Hugs and smiles always

    Laine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for your nice comment on my blog and becoming a follower, I really appreciate it. Your joy fold card is beautiful. I love all the detail and papers you used. I have not made one yet, but yours really inspired me. I am your latest new follower. Anet

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is so so pretty.
    I love your daughters flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Karon. Love the fold out.


    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  21. just stunning Karon as usual... Love the embellishment! have fun in the US and enjoy your shopping .... therapy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really beautiful work. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It Challenge. Hugs! MOjca

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautifully designed card as always, Karon! I love the fancy fold and the gorgeous papers! Your daughter's flower is perfection... I love the whimsy it adds. :o) Lovely in every facet, my friend! Enjoy your weekend and extended time with the entire family. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  24. so pretty love the fold. Hope you enjoy your shopping spree and family time...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the colours....and the patina. Enjoy your your trip south and safe trip home...laden wth goodies! Have a great weekend.
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful,love the design .xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really gorgeous, I love the pretty floral papers and the fold is fabulous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh wow, this is absolutely gorgeous, Karon!! The papers are beautiful!! I love how the card opens!! This is fabulous my friend!! I hope you have a great time with Andy home!! Enjoy your family time!! Hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  29. Karon, such a pretty card! I love the soft feminine colors and the mix of patterns are quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a great style of card, I've never seen this, and I love, love, love the little twine flower you created!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful card Karon. Love this fold. You have a great sense of color.
    Hugs
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...