Thursday, 11 July 2013

Floral Birthday!

Hi everyone.  Just a quick post today.

I spent some time in the craft room yesterday.  One of my daughters had a friend over for a sleepover, so as they are older now - I really don't have to worry about keeping them entertained :-)

I had bought this little 6"  by 6" pack of paper, by First Edition called Bird Song.  It is such a pretty stack.


I had coloured up this flower from Create with TLC,  called Carnation  Day Freebie - a while back, but just never got around to putting it on a card.  I used my Spectrum Noir markers for this flower.


The image was so easy to colour and I cut it out with a Spellbinders Labels 8 die.


Inked all the edges of all the layers in pink.  The little sentiment stamp was a freebie in a set from a magazine.  I added a little bit of looped ribbon and a bow to finish off the front.


For the inside, I used the same papers as the front.  Slightly different in that I put the thin strip behind the green panel, therefore giving room to leave a message.


I think either my camera is on it's way out, or my eye sight is getting worse.  I can't seem to get a decent clear picture lately!  These look slightly out of focus, and yet I am not doing anything different.

Anyways, I hope you are all having a good week.

This card is being entered in the following challenges

Lia Stampz - Challenge #44: Birthday (closes 15 July)

Paper Creators Crafts - Challenge #11: Think Pink (closes 19 July)

Songbird Challenges - Challenge #24: Ribbon (closes 20 July)

DL ART Thankful Thursday - Challenge #113: Summer (closes 23 July)

Great Impression Stamps - July Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 31 July)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

32 comments:

  1. lovely card, I love how you use the coordinated papers inside and out and very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Love that paper pad and beautiful image!!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, I adore pink and green together.
    Love first edition papers, I have quite a few!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card. love the papers. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card!! The image is so pretty and colored perfectly!! The papers are beautiful!! Love that stack!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Karon, the papers and the image looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Love the pink with the green and lovely flower image too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it. That paper is so pretty. Just perfect for your wonderfully colored flowers. TFS.
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a soft, pretty card. The flower is simply gorgeous as the focal point and the patterned papers around the frame really compliment the flowers. Anyone would be so blessed to get such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just so gorgeous,love the image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and love the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Karon I love the paper.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #113 SUMMER !! challenge, Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    http:// http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your coloring is beautiful and the card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your photos look fine to me :)
    I had a chuckle here as I just picked up this paper pack today, teehee.
    Your card is so very pretty. Such a pretty image you coloured.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I love the soft, pretty prints and colors. The image is lovely and colored so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is really pretty Karon! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Lia Stampz!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty card, Karon. Beautiful colouring and lovely papers and design. Thanks for joining us at Songbird Challenges.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much everyone - Happy Friday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty card inside and out, Karon! thank you for joining us at Lia Stampz! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You color beautifully, your carnation is gorgeous.

    Mary Anne, Great Impressions DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so soft and lovely! Beautiful coloring and amazing patterns, too! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pretty card. Love the soft colors. Gorgeous coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful colors on this card, Karon. Nothing looks out of focus to me. Is that bad or good? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card Karon and your attention to detail both inside & out is to be commended x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for all the fab comments every one.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful, I love the layout and the pink and green colour combination, beautiful image too
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card Karon. Your coloring is always spot on. Love it!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks great to me, Karon. Not out of focus at all. Love the colour combo and that image is beautifully coloured. Gorgeous!
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  29. Karon, firstly let me apologize for being so unbelievably behind (with everyone). Things have been trying, but I am happy to be back. Your card is filled with so much to adore! That paper stack has been on my wish list.. you've used it so beautifully. The stamp is stunning, perfectly colored, and looks perfect atop those designs. I love the sweet bow and the pretty interior, too. Beautifully done, as always. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...