Tuesday, 23 July 2013

For a Special Lady

Hi everyone.  How are you all doing - hope you are getting some good crafting time in.

Last night I finally got around to making a card for a very special lady, I have been procrastinating long enough.  She is in great need of some love and thoughts as she hits a very tough time in her life.

When I was putting this card together I wanted to think about how much of a star she is and how she is loved by so many.  Hence the papers I have used.

I was lucky enough to receive these lovely papers as part of a challenge win at Diana's blog, DL.ART. Thanks Diana, I am so glad I have finally been able to use them, as I was waiting for the right card and inspiration to come along.


For this card, I used something I have had in my stash, for ages, but never used, Perfect Pearls. Firstly, I stamped the image, a Studio 112 stamp, with my Versamark ink pad.  Then using 3 different colours of the Perfect Pearls, Green Patina, Blue Patina and Heirloom Gold; I used a small paint brush to apply the different colours to the stamped image.  Once I finished all the colours, I wiped off all the excess with a Swiffer duster - it works great to get rid of the pearl dust and all that remains is what is stuck to the image.


For the inside I used the same papers as the front, plus a silver panel stamped with the sentiment, which is from a Hero Arts stamp set.


Here is the card standing open.  I love how the image just pops on the black and can see me using this technique again.   My gatefold card measures 5.5" by 4.25".  I added a ribbon under the front image and around so that it could be tied closed.  


I am going to send this off in the mail today to the UK, and hopefully it will be able to bring a smile to one special lady.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Great Impression Stamps - July Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 31 July)

3 Girl Jam Challenge - Challenge #22: Anything Goes with ribbon (closes 1 Aug)

Through the Purple Haze - Challenge: Anything with Flowers (closes 27 July) 

Crafting When We Can - Challenge #49 - Floral (closes 3 Aug) 

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

33 comments:

  1. I could only image the beautiful shimmer with the perfect pearls, beautiful card Karon and I will whisper a prayer for your friend.
    I have perfect pearls and never use them so I will have to get them out!!!
    Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely card Karon and I am sure it will do the trick xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Karon and great papers. The ribbon is a lovely touch. She's going to absolutely love it.

    Have a good day!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful, Karon. I love perfect pearls and they look great on the stamped image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm sure this will definitely put a smile upon her face...
    Lovely card Karon~

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very beautiful card, Karon! I'm sure your special lady will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card... you know you will make this special lady feel "Special' indeed. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very thoughtful. Your beautiful card will brighten her day, I'm sure of it. The gatefold design and the pretty purple ribbon really work well here. Wishing your special lady a wealth of encouragement...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful,love the design and lovely colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love what you did with your Perfect Pearls. I have some that I've yet to use.
    I love your card. It is gorgeous. TFS.
    Congrats on your DL Art win.
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, Karon!! The papers are beautiful - you used them perfectly!! This will definitely bring a smile to the recipient's face!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Karon. Love those papers and great design. She will love it.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Karon, this is absolutely gorgeous. Your love and admiration for your dear friend shines through perfectly. She will adore this and it will help strengthen her when she needs it most. Your inspiration is equally lovely and I adore how you brought it to pass in the design. Stunning work, my dear friend. She is blessed to know you! (As am I.)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Karon, I especially love the gatefold. I'm sure your friend loves it, and it will give her the lift she needs. Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges this week.
    Eithne (DT)
    www.cardroomdelights.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like all the sparkle on this beautiful card. I haven't made a gate fold card in a very long time and you have inspired me to do so. Thanks for joining us in the 3Girl JAM Anything Goes with Ribbon challenge. Have a beautiful day.

    Cheri - 3GJ Design Team Member
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous Karon, I like the design the ribbon and the sparkle, Thank you for visiting and following my blog, I am following you now too.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Karen! Gorgeous card and I know you're special friend is going to love receiving it!!!

    Thanks for thinking of me my friend, and I hope to be back to visit again very soon!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful card! I know your friend will LOVE it!!!
    Awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing and linking up over at 3GJ's Anything Goes challenge! Hope to see you back tomorrow for a brand new challenge!
      Jessica
      3GJ DT

      Delete
  19. This is so pretty Karon love the design and the colors and the motif on the front with the perfect pearls
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is lovely, Karon! Love the colours and you've achieved a truly stunning effect with those perfect pearls.
    What a treat it will be to receive this.
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks everyone - appreciate you popping in and leaving such fab comments :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh this card is so pretty, aren't Diana's papers just wonderful?? I love the texture!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Karon! What a stunning card for your special friend! I'm sure she will love it! I haven't really mastered the gatefold cards yet, but you have done it beautifully! Thanks for joining us this week at Through the Purple Haze Challenges! Hope you'll come back next week, too!

    Darcy DT
    Through the Purple Haze Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such a pretty card.
    Don't you love when you work on a project and know the perfect papers to use :)
    I am sure your card will put a smile on your friends face and touch her heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. warms my heart every time I see such thoughtfulness for another person. Your card is simply wonderful and completely heartfelt and will be cherished!!!
    Thoughts and prayers to your friend in need of some uplifting. :)
    hugs to you,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your card is beautiful and very thoughtful Karon. I love the papers and the perfect pearls you used. Still need to use it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a lovely card with a Sweet sentiment!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. i love the use of the perfect pearls such a cute card..many thanks for joining us this week and we look forward to seeing your creation next week..from Through the Purple Haze Challenges..Anita DT

    ReplyDelete
  30. Exquisite Card!

    Thanks for joining in the fun!

    Tanja DT
    Throught The Purple Haze

    ReplyDelete
  31. You used these papers perfectly to create a beautiful card.

    Mary Anne, Great Impressions DT

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful!! Love the design and the fold of the card. Great job! Thanks for linking up with 3 Girl JAM!

    Julie
    http://3girljam.blogspot.com/
    http://3girljamchallenge.blogspot.com/
    http://3girljam.com/

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...