Friday, 19 July 2013

Travel the world with me.

Hi everyone.  How is everyone doing?  Have you all had a fabulous week?

It's challenge time at Polka Doodles, week 29 and the theme is Let it Fly.  So many options for this, could be birds and the bees and the butterflies, or something else that flies, how will you interpret this theme?

I actually thought up a sentiment for my inspiration and used that as my focal point.  Just typed it up using Microsoft Word and then printed it onto my paper.


I used papers and the hot air balloon (pre-coloured image) from the new Bonbon Belles CD.  This is a double CD collection, full of amazing embellishments, digital stamps, papers, sentiments; you name it, it's got it.


The hot air balloons were cut using my Sihouette Cameo print and cut feature.  I popped up two of the balloons to add a little depth.


For the inside, I used the same papers, I placed one of the cut balloons in the left hand corner, for the right corner I used the cut out as a stencil and just inked it lightly.

So, get those thinking hats on.  Can't wait to see what you all create.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Great Impressions Stamps - July Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 31 July)

Five Simple Things - Inpsire Me Fridays #112: Anything Goes (closes 25 July)

Sister Act Card Challenges - Challenge #16: Anything Goes (closes 25 July)

Crafting By Designs - Challenge Anything Goes (closes 23 July)

Brown Sugar Challenges - Challenge #51: Anything Goes (closes 25 July)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

P.S

Had to share these couple of photos of my cat Jess - trying out for the new position of Monorail Cat supreme.  Shannon took these this morning :-)  (type into google monorail cats, to see what I mean)




26 comments:

  1. I love this card Karon.......I'd love to travel the worldtoo, what a great sentiment! Love how you popped the balloons up! Have a great weekend and thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Karon, love those hot air balloons and the sentiment fits well for your card.... Your kitty cat is just adorable....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card... I love hot air balloons We used to live by balloonport and it was so much fun watching them go overhead so whenever I see a car but this just brings me back years ago

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. Karon. The colors are all so soft, just like gazing at the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, ha. Your cat is as funny as some of mine! Love this card! The balloons and clouds are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely puss!! She's obviously practicing REALLY hard!!
    Fab card too, i love the way the balloons look as though they
    are floating. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!! and your card is adorable!! Thanks so much for joining us at Great Impressions Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect match- those balloons are simply wonderful with the backgrounds. And what you did with a little ink and a stencil. I'm going to give it a go- thinking about making shadows of die cut images with the image popped over.... You got the juices going until...

    I dashed over to find out about monorail cats. I've only got two Saint Bernard dogs, so this is news to me. Very funny news to me. When I stop laughing is when I'll apply some energy to the inspiration. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card Karon and love the cloud paper!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww, Jess is adorable Karon!!
    gorgeous card, love the 'airy' feeling it has! great idea using the cut as a stencil inside, looks great!
    enjoy your weekend!

    Thanks so much for sharing @ Inspire Me Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet card!! I love the balloons and clouds!! It's fabulous!! And Jess is so adorable!! Happy Friday my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card!!! love those balloons!!!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another beauty here. Love how the hot air balloons are popped up. They really look like they are floating.

    Jess is too cute. I have a kitty that looks like Jess in the face, "Georgie". He does not have as much white on his body as Jess, he has on the white socks.

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card and love your take on the theme:). Your card is a sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute card Karon! Love the hot air balloons

    Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card challenge this week

    Angeline DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. How lovely, Karon! Love the how you've popped up the balloons. Really looks like it's about to fly away.
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for all your wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Neat card, I love the way your background papers enhance your balloons and I like the inside as well, especially the balloon shadow.

    Mary Anne, Great Impressions DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. GORGEOUS! Love your soft and pretty colors.
    Your hot air balloons remind me of the time when my daughter was little and loved them. Going to the festival they have near here was so fun. It is amazing to see them all take off and see the sky filled with them.
    Thanks for the memory boost.
    Your cat it too funny.
    Hugs
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely sentiment! The cloudy background and hot air balloons match the sentiment perfectly, and you've done a great job decorating the inside as well. This card is equally perfect for a man as for a woman - I like that about a card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Karon, what a gorgeous sentiment you created for inspiration! The hot air balloons are beyond beautiful and I love that you popped some up for dimension. Such a stunning background you chose, as well. Beautifully crafted! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice card. Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful! Love the cloud paper. Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs.
    Hugs - Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your card is beautiful Karon. I love the cloud paper.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very pretty card, thanks for sharing it with us in the brown sugar challenge, karen

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...