Saturday, 31 August 2013

Batty for Bats Eyes :-)

Hi everyone.   How did your week go?  Mine was quite busy, getting the girls organised and ready for back to school next week.

Andy came home last night for the long weekend and we have a few things planned to do and get done whilst he is here.  Honey to do list :-)

I am actually sharing with you another Halloween project :-)

I decided to have a play around with some of the digi's and embellishments from Polka Doodles new Halloween downloads.  Nikky, really got the creative juices flowing with this one.

Witchie Witchie 2013 Download Bundle

I used my Silhouette Cameo and the Silhouette Design Studio to get creative with the images.

Here is what I came up with.


All the elements are from the Witchie Witchie download bundle and I have used the Design Studio to put this card together.  The card base is also jar shaped, just welding two of the jars together.  Then I printed off the Trick or Treat paper and cut another jar slightly smaller and edged this with Memento Tuxedo black ink.


Next up, I cut another two jars, one complete in grey and another with a piece cut from the centre.  I added some google eyes ( I ran out, so they look a bit sparce - think they look as if they are floating in in fluid - which is fine) and then placed a small sheet of acetate and sandwiched together to make the jar. The bats eyes, and trick or treat labels are also in the download.

The bats are also on the download, as digital images for you to colour, but I used the trace feature in Design Studio and cut them out of black card stock.  I added some little eyes with a white gel pen and then stuck only their bodies onto the card.


For the inside, I used the negative cut to act as a stencil and some Memento Tuxedo Black to ink in the bats and then the stamp is from my stash.

And there you have it, a little bit more spookiness :-)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Oh, would you like a little sneak peek of something else that I will be showing you on Wednesday? No?!

Well, I am going to anyways LOL!  See if you can guess what it is :-)


Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

30 comments:

  1. Eeeeek!! Fab project Karon. Hope you don't wear the Hubby out with your "to do" list!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is fabulous, I love it, what a fun idea for halloween
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those bats that are so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHH how creepy...floating bat eyes....awesome idea and I love the acetate with the jar. Terrific eerie design and your teaser looks incredible too. I know it's mixed media, but on what....canvas per chance?? :D
    Can't wait to see that and enjoy your loooooong weekend!!
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so super fun Karon!! LOVE the bats and those cute eyes in the jar! Such an awesome Halloween card!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what a fun project Karon, such a clever idea to put those eyes in the jar, I love it
    hope you're having a good weekend
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun and cute Halloween card... love how you got those googly eyes in the jar and the fun bats...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just creepy cute! What a wonderful idea. Thanks fr sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your batty card. What a fun idea. TFS.
    Let me guess...
    Is it a card for Andy?
    Could it possibly say "Home is where the heart is?"
    So glad he is home and the four of you can get in some more family time.
    Have a wonderful weekend!!!
    Hugs
    D~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is so fun!! I love the bats eyes!! What a fabulous card and so creative!! And your sneak looks amazing - can't wait to see the whole thing!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute and totally original too :) I love the shape! Great use of googly eyes.

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving your spooky card! The jar shape is great and I love those fun little bats. The floating googly eyes are such a creepy fun touch...love it!

    Okay, is that another awesome art journal page I see? Can't wait to see what you've done!! I'm so ready to give my book another go, but just can't seem to find the time right now. Looking forward to seeing what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness this is a fun card.great shape and love the google eyes. So fun

    ReplyDelete
  14. KAron this is so cool! Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. so stinkin cute, karon! love the shape!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute and so smart with the googly eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Karon - extra cuteness as always. Love those bats!!! I am not very good at guessing but from what I can see thus far - it looks gorgeous. Love all the colors you have used. Looking forward to Wednesday.

    Hugs and smiles

    Laine

    ReplyDelete
  18. So spooky cute Karon! I love it!! The little bats are too cute to spook!

    Have a fantastic day!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, Karon!!! This card is just tooooo stinking cute!!! And such a fun card!

    Now I really can't wait to get back to my Silhouette... lol!!!

    Have missed you, my friend, but you haven't been forgotten!!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just too cute. I love the eyes and how you decorated the inside as well. SPPOKY CUTE!!!
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awww....super cute. Really love the bats!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How fun Karon! This card is cute. Your single-highhandedly making it feel like fall here (even though it will be 107 degrees today!).

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is fabulous Karon, I love the wiggle eyes you added!! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your batty bat eyes card! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super cute....very cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the hallowe'en card. It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...