Friday, 2 August 2013

Birthday Girl!

Hi everyone.  How are things with you all?

Andy has been home since the 27th July - so we have had a fabulous week.  He has been painting fences and cleaning out the garage, whilst I and the girls went to the US for some much needed retail therapy at the start of the week.  Then we have had the remainder of the week as a family, catching up and generally spending time together.  He goes back on Monday.

Today is the start of another challenge at Polka Doodles and this weeks challenge is Birthday Girl.

Nikky was kind enough to send me a couple of CD's that I haven't had the pleasure of using before. They are Candy Doodles and Sugar Birdies.  They are both such fabulous CD compilations, I didn't know where to start.  I ended up chosing an image off Candie Doodles and the papers are from the Sugar Birdies.


And look - it's not just a rectangle or a square, I made a side easel card!  I so enjoyed making this card, I haven't done anything "different" for cards, in absolutely ages.

Here is a close up of the image, which has been coloured with my Spectrum Noir markers.  I also blended in some clouds and grass at the bottom, something else I haven't done in a long time :-)  I think the reason I haven't done that in so long, is I am always afraid of ruining the picture.


I used the following Spectrum Noir markers.

Hair       -  CT4, GB1, TN1
Skin       -  TN2, FS2
Dress     -  BP2, PP4
Flowers  -  GB2, GB3
Grass     -  CT2, CT1
Bird       -  TN3, GB1


I inked all the edges of all the layers, also I added some tiny gems to the four corners of the image, the four corners of the sentiment panel and the i of the sentiment stamp.  The sentiment is from the Fairy Flutterfly Gracie stamp set.


Isn't she adorable.  These CD's are fabulous, you just have to go take a look.  So many digi stamps, embellishments, papers, toppers, sentiments - you name it, they have it!

Don't forget, when you enter in the challenge and to be eligible for prizes at Polka Doodles, that you can only combine you entry with 9 other challenges, so 10 in total including Polka Doodles.  So come on, time to get crafting.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.


Eclectic Ellapu - Anything Goes (closes 3 Aug)

Eureka Stamps - Challenge #50: Anything Goes (closes 4 Aug)

Crafting by Designs - Anything Goes (closes 6 Aug)

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 7 Aug)

Milk Coffee Challenge - Show us those colouring skills (closes 14 Aug)

Cute Card Thursday - Challenge #280: Anything Goes (closes 7 Aug)

Five Simple Things - Inspire me Friday's #114: Anything Goes (closes 8 Aug)

Sister Act Card Challenge - Challenge #18: Anything Goes (closes 8 Aug)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

33 comments:

  1. This is so super adorable!! LOVE the papers, the card design and that image is just too cute!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Karon, beautiful beautiful card!!!! You are so creative and done such an amazing job on the clouds, wow! I also have the Candy Doodles Cd, I should get it out and make use of it!! Your coloring is flawless.. Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's lovely Karon, beautifully coloured x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous,love the fab image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Karon. Love that it is a Easel, beautiful papers and the images is FABULOUS. TFS

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very sweet card. What a clever design. I love the image and the colouring is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your girlie card Karon, love the angle and the pretty colouring...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card! Love your coloring! Thanks for sharning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really pretty and so sweet. Your coloring is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the twisted card design. She really does look like she's making a wish! What a pretty set of papers and your coloring is fabulous as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Karon, this is absolutely gorgeous!! What a beautiful image and you colored it perfectly!! She looks so pretty!! The clouds and grass are awesome!! I've never tried that twisted easel but you have made me want to now!! Love this my friend!! Happy Friday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful easel card Karon, this is one of my favourite images, I like the colours and the ribbon.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card! I love the background!!

    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous birthday card and love the twisted easel design
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card! I've never seen a side easel card, so you just blew my mind, LOL! Thanks for the inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfection! Love the coloring on your sweet image!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable card! Of course I love the pink! And the cute image! Fun easel card too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy to hear Andy is home and enjoying the time with the family. Your card is so beautiful and so very well colored! Gosh I haven't made a easel card is a while I might just have too my friend, thanks!! Have a fun weekend with hubby!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet image. Love all of the pink! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Sister Act Challenge Blog this week.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your side easel card is beautiful Karon. I love the pink paper and the gorgeous image. I have not made this type of card myself. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card, the image and colouring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great fold and darling design, Karon. I love the background you created.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  23. A very Beautiful card! Love the fun design! adorable image!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pure pink perfection ♥ I love this soft, sweet, girly card! The image is just darling and your background is lovely. I have never been brave enough to try creating a background....maybe one day, you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your card is so sweet. Lovely image and beautifully coloured. I really like the style of this card as well. So nice that your husband is home :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW - thanks everyone for all the wonderful comments.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Karon, this is GORGEOUS! That image couldn't be sweeter... you colored her beautifully and I love that you made her into an easel. :o) The papers are so whimsical and fun.. and they make me think of pink lollipops! :o) This is sure to be treasured for years to come by the lucky recipient. :o) Stunning work, my talented friend. The background you gave her always makes such a huge difference... if you don't mind me saying something, I thought I'd share what I do which makes it less scary.

    Since I always do clouds for my spring/summery people stamps, I've found the best thing I can do is do the clouds first. I stamp/print my image an extra time, using it as a mask. I put a small piece of double-sided tape on the back (after unsticking it several times with my fingers) and adhere it to my main image, and then create my background. (Post-it note paper also works, but I never have any.) That way if I mess up, I don't waste hours of Copic work since I do the clouds first. I just thought I'd share in case you find it useful at all. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a beautiful card. Love the pretty pink colors. TFS.
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cute card, Karon. Love the colours and easel design. Thanks for sharing.
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  30. So lovely!! Thanks for playing along with us at Crafting by Designs - Doris :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous card Karon :-) the image and whole design is fabulous :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...