Wednesday, 28 August 2013

Butterfly Flowers!

Hi everyone.  Yesterday, I had a little bit of me time in the craft room and I thought I would make up a card for a few challenges that I wanted to enter.  Generally, I make something and if there happens to be a challenge it fits, then I enter.

This card however, was made for some specific challenges.  However, one in particular I have been wanting to try and get a card done for, however, something else always came along.

Lisa from A Mermaids Crafts is hosting a challenge at Do More with Less.  She wants you to create a shaped card with a diecut as the base.  She has even done a fabulous tutorial over at the Do More with Less blog.

For this card I actually used my very limited supply of actual dies - I used the Spellbinders Labels 8 set and used the three first sizes.



The card base is made using Kraft paper, and I used my Cuttlebug and the largest size die to make the card.

Now, I have hidden that base card with the papers I wanted to use which were all from a First Edition  6" by 6" paper pack called Spring Feast.

After making the card base, I used the those three largest dies to make the layers of the card.  All the layers have been inked with CTMH Sorbet.  From the side view, you can see the wonderful sparkle on that middle layer.  This paper pack is so pretty.


For something a little different, I added the ribbon diagonally across the first two layers and then the image layer is up on pop dots.  Of course I had to put a little bow in that one corner too!

My image is a freebie from Beyond the Fringe Crafts and has been coloured up with my Spectrum Noir markers.

Butterflies     PP2, PP4 and PL1, PL2
Vase             CR1, CR2


Finally, for the inside, I again die cut the layers and the largest cut was trimmed on the left side to sit inside the card properly.  The little butterfly that has been stamped here, is from an InkaDinkaDo stamp set called Insects Inchies.


I loved making this card with the dies!  Maybe have to make some more at sometime, or get some more dies LOL!

So, this card is being entered in the following challenges.

Do More with Less (closes 6 Sept)

Craft Mojo - Challenge #3: Butterflies (closes 31 Aug)

Stampin' for the Weekend - Challenge : Butterflies (closes 29 Aug)

Flutter by Wednesday - Challenge #250:  Make a shaped card - include butterfly/fairy (closes 3 Sept)

Cuttlebug Mania - Challenge : Anything Goes - die cuts  (closes 2 Sept)

Creative Craft Challenges 2 - Challenge #17: Not a Square (closes 2 Sept)

Bearly Mine Challenges - Challenge #101: Digi Days (closes 2 Sept)

My Craft Spot - Challenge #110: Get Well/Sympathy (closes 9 Sept)

Digistamps 4 Joy - Challenge #74: Anything Goes (closes 3 Sept)

Little Scrap Pieces - Fun Friday Linky Party (closes 30 Sept)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

38 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Karon. Love the colors and the cute digi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Karon! Love the shape and those flowers!!!
    Awesome job my friend! Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT hump day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous,lovely design,fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card Karon! Wow! I really love how simply elegant it is. That is really doing more with less. I love it!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful and the diagonal ribbon does look so classy. That's not easy to place ribbon on a curve like that, but here it looks perfect!! Thank you for sharing this Karon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the "little something different" with the ribbon. Great accent that makes that front pop. The little sentiment ticket is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, Karon, this is absolutely stunning!! The image is so beautiful and colored perfectly!! I love how you used the ribbon - creative and fabulous!! And the shape is so awesome!! Thank you so much for joining in my challenge at Do More With Less my friend!! I appreciate it so much!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karon I LOVE your card!!
    Love your paper and great idea with the ribbon.
    I just went and got the freebie. Thanks for the link.
    Hugs
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card, and the inside is just as pretty as the out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's a beautiful card Karon.
    Thanks for join us at Digistamp4Joy.

    Greetings karin DT member

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful! I love the patterns :)

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness Karon - your card is GORGEOUS not only on the outside but the inside as well!! I love love love those butterfly flowers. Really stunning Karon and the colors are perfect.

    Hugs

    Laine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! I love the shape of it! Very lovely colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Spellbinders-shaped card, Karon! Gosh I love shaped cards. Your papers are gorgeous and the image is so delightful. This is sure to bring a smile to someone who isn't feeling so sparkly! Lovely interior, too. :o) Wonderful creation as always, my friend! The sweet bow makes me smile. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow stunning card Karon. Love the shape, beautiful colors. Your coloring is perfect. Great twist with the ribbon.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you all so very much :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is really pretty! I usually also make something and add it to challenges that fit the tab. I feel too much pressure when I have to follow instructions! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so nice Karon, I love the shape and the pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty card, and a great image! Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wednesdays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is so pretty.
    I really like how you put the ribbon on diagonally. I noticed that right away. So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card Karon, you nailed Lisa's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooooh...it is very pretty Karon! So glad you played along with my guest Lisa's shaped card challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card love the butterflies.
    Thank you for joining us at Bearly MineChallenge.
    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card Karon, I like the image, the papers and the bow.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. so beautiful great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the pretty papers and stamped image. What a Beautiful card! I don't own many dies either....I love the cards Lisa design's with her die's , I must try this some time!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card, great colors and really cute image.
    Thanks for joining us at SFTW.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a pretty card - it's bound to cheer someone up. Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this week x

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is a wonderful creation with great details and perfect for our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous and elegant, love the shape and the pretty papers
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous card, love the image you have used, thank you so much for joining us at Craft Mojo.
    Sally. xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "not a square” challenge & good luck in the draw…
    Hope to see you again in our next challenge.

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Creative Craft Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is a pretty card.
    Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Designs this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a sweet idea to use butterflies as flowers. Thank you for joining in at Cuttlebug Mania this week x

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a beautiful card! The image is so pretty and your papers are gorgeous! What a wonderful way to brighten the day of one who is ill.

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is so pretty! Love the butterflies! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot this week!

    Gwen

    http://thisandthatbygwen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...