Friday, 23 August 2013

Halloween will soon be here :-)

Hi everyone - I wanted to share with you a bit of a showcase that I did.

It rained and thundered most of the day yesterday - so why not do a little something for Halloween :-)

Nikky of Polka Doodles has been at it again and come up with some fabulous downloads for Halloween. They are available now in the store, for immediate download.

I decided to make up an 8" by 10" artist board.  Firstly I placed some black card stock down.  Next I tore some green card stock and then inked it with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink.


I used pre-coloured digis for this showcase (that Nikky had coloured herself are not in the download, they are for marketing purposes only, just the black and white digitals are available and I will be colouring some myself soon).  However, the tree, and house were coloured with my Spectrum Noir markers.  All the elements, including the fences , graves are all available in the download bundle.  I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out all the elements. (Please excuse the extra large photo's, I think my camera is on the way out - mind you I think I need to have my eyes tested too!)

I used some white ink around the moon and for the clouds.  To add depth I added some pop dots to a couple of the characters, the cat and the fence on the left.  I also didn't completely glue down parts of the tree and owl, again to add depth.


I really enjoyed putting this together :-)  The bundle has lots of elements, including some fabulous backing papers and embellishments to colour and therefore personalise to your taste and the digis can be downloaded individually and then you can make some wonderful Halloween decorations or cards.

Anyway, I hope you like it.  I'm not one to celebrate Halloween, but needs must, eh!

This is being entered in the following challenges.

Five Simple Things - Inspire me Fridays #117: Always Anything Goes (closes 29 Aug)

Challenges 4 Everybody - Challenge #27: Anything Goes (closes 30 Aug)

Craftin Desert Divas - Craft it Up and Link it Up Linky Party #13: Anything Goes (closes 1 Sep)

 DL.ART Thankful Thursday August Linky Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 31 Aug)

Just for Fun Challenge Blog - First Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 28 Aug)

Every Day is an Occasion - Sunday Funday #12: Anything Goes (closes 31 Aug)

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy crafting.

37 comments:

  1. Really cute card and the images and the layout are just right for Hallow e'en

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love this!!Gorgeous scene.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know..and I'm so excited!!! Nothing makes me smile more than seeing wonderful holiday preparations and your artist board setting here is fantastic! What you did to create a fun Halloween scene that has depth too, is terrific! It's all great, but I really love the spooky night sky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! This is awesome!!! Loving the fun Halloween scene and GREAT images!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Karon this artist board is FABULOUS, You have created such a spooky cute scene. Love it my friend. Hope you have better weather today. It stormed here all day yesterday and I woke up to the same here today.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous halloween scene Karon! love it
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just as cute as can be and so fun looking! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the scene, it's really spooktacular Karon....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Halloween creation! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun scene. TFS.
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great art board, Karon. Those images are really cute and I'm constantly amazed at the cutting with that Silhouette of yours. Really very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, this is fabulous, Karon!! I love the Halloween scene you've created!! It is just awesome!! I love, love it my friend!! The images are so fun!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome. I love Halloween!
    These images are so fun and beautifully done

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! This is fabulous Karon! I love Halloween projects and these images are so cool! I know you had fun putting this together and it sounds like you had the perfect setting with all the rain and thunder!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this! Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Anything Goes“ Linky Party.

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  16. Spoooooky! Terrific scene, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!! This is so COOL!!!I absolutely LOVE it!'
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very creative and fun, a perfect Halloween décor project!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just gorgeous,thanks for sharing with us at Just for Fun.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun little creation, Karon. Can't wait to get back and get busy with these digis.
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great project Karon, love all the images. That makes a cute Halloween decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oooh...how fun is this! Just love the Halloween scene you put together!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is incredible Karon! I love the texture the torn paper gives and the digis look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness! How AMAZING! I love how you made a complete scene out of many different elements.
    Thanks for linking up at Craftin Desert Diva's!
    Beth
    Beth's Beauties

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow!!! This is amazing Karon! I love it. All of the images are really stunning. Love the way you tore the paper, adds wonder dimension and texture to the project.

    Absolutely gorgeous...in a cute spooky kind'a way.

    Have a fantastic week!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMGosh....Wow,what a fabulous project!I really love this!

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW! this is totally fabulous Karon!
    looks like such a fun project, you did an amazing job!
    hugs & blessings

    ReplyDelete
  28. That looks like a lot of work! It looks great! You're thinking about Halloween already? Oh no...summer must really be over! :(

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOW! super awesome halloween Project with lots of detail. Well done
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW back at ya - thank you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What an awesome Halloween artist board! Such a fun scene with all the characters!

    ReplyDelete
  32. fantastic Halloween card!
    Thanks for joining us at Just for Fun for our first challenge
    Hugs
    Kelly- DT
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. ooh this is really spooky! An absolutely brilliant Artist Board. Thank you for joining in the Just for Fun Challenge, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great work, thanks for joining us for our first challenge at "Just For Fun!"

    Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is really neat. I'm sure you had fun with it.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...