Friday, 16 August 2013

Hey, another Joy Fold card :-)

Hi everyone.

Wow, middle of August already!  Only another 2 1/2 weeks and the girls will be back in school for the new school year.  Can't believe that Shannon goes into grade 10 and I forgot to tell you, but she made Honour Roll again for the second semester, so she was an Honour Roll student for the year 2012/2013. So proud of her.  Emily goes into grade 7, and she also had a really good year, proud of her too :-)

So onto today's post.  We are at week 33 at Polka Doodles and this weeks theme is Have a Heart.  We are all using different download bundles this week.  Did you know that there are small download bundles for as little as £3.99 (thats around $6.50)?  I am using the bundle called Love Birds for my card today.


I made a joy fold card last month, and so I thought I would make another one.  It's such a great card to make and I don't know why I haven't made more.

All the elements in the card are from the Love Birds bundle, except of course my little bit of ribbon :-) The topper on the front panel is a pre-coloured image and is on pop dots for some depth.


I love the papers in this set, and those little birdies and I love the shade of blue.  I have inked all the edges of all the layers.  There is even a template for a bird cage.  Hmmmm - maybe I will give it a go.

For the inside I added a little sentiment circle. This is from the Love and Cherish CD, which the Love Birds bundle is an element of.


So go on over and take a look at this weeks challenge and my fellow teamies have made some wonderful creations for your inspiration.

If you enter you might even win one of the featured bundles this week.  Just don't forget, when entering a Polka Doodles challenge, you can only enter 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

31 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Karon!! The papers are amazing looking and offer so much versatility. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pretty papers Karon! This is one of my favourite folds for a card....looks great! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Karon, I like the image the papers and the design,
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Karon! LOVE the papers and the GREAT card design!!
    Awesome job!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this paper and the colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely joy fold card, love doing this type of folds too so many possibilities.
    Pretty papers..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty, soft card. The stamped image is so light and airy, you've paired it with patterned papers perfectly (a little alliteration for you this morning!).

    Congrats to Shannon on the honor roll award. That's a bit of hard work that paid off! They grow so fast. Enjoy the last couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. I really like the fold of this card and the papers are yummy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Karon. great color and design. Have a great weekend my friend
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, Karon!! I love the unique folds - it look amazing!! The papers are so beautiful!! Fabulous card my friend!! Congrats to Shannon on making honor roll!! How awesome!! I hope both of your girls have wonderful school years!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, Karon. Don't you just love these papers from Love & Cherish?! Have a great weekend. we're heading into a tropical rainforest for a few days.
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty, Karon. Love the papers and the fold, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. adorable card!! I really need to try this type of card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My dear friend, this joy fold card is lovely! This fancy fold is marvelous, as it lends itself to so many design/decorating possibilities! The collection you chose is gorgeous.. so sweet and whimsical. Beautifully crafted, inside and out! I hope you have a happy weekend, Karon! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Love the fold of this card and the papers and of course, the adorable image!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Karon,
    Love this design & the gorgeous colour. I haven't yet tried creating a Joy Fold card...hmmm, now you have me thinking :) Congrats on your Shannon. You must be extremely proud :) Thank you so much for popping over to my blog & leaving such lovely words. Love hearing from you :) Hope you're having a great weekend. Hugs, Lisa.

    Dreamtime Designs: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamtimeDesigns
    Blog: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au (Blog Candy)
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/DreamtimeDesigns
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/DreamtimeDsigns
    Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/LisaWDesigns
    Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au (DT Call)

    ReplyDelete
  17. fabulous card Karon and love that joy fold - so effective! You must be very proud of both your girls!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very Beautiful...
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is so so pretty.
    Love those papers and that image.
    So sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh Karon your card is gorgeous! Love the colors and what a fun design. TFS.
    Enjoy the last few weeks of summer vacation with the girls. It is going FAST!
    Hugs
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super sweet card Karon! We have about a week left before school starts. My youngest will be starting 6th grade this year. Boy time sure does fly doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a sweet card! Love the folds.
    Your girls are doing so well at school....you must be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have to learn how to make these folds, beautiful card and love love love the papers Karon!!! Congrats to Shannon and it is not hard to see how proud you are of both girls...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your joy fold card! Those papers are BEAUTIFUL, what lovely color. I may have to go give that set a closer peek :)


    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so sweet... What a cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is fabulous Karon, I love the pretty papers and image, they look terrific with the fold!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome card Karon! I really love the fold. Absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful and elegant Joy fold card, Karon. I love the papers and image. The inside is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stunning card Karon and loving the colours you have used.

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...