Thursday, 1 August 2013

The rest of my shopping haul :-)

Hi everyone.  Just popping in to say hi.  Am so enjoying having Andy home and spending time together.

As you recall, the girls and I went to Syracuse for a shopping trip and whilst away Andy was painting fences.


So the right hand side is the bleached out wood, and the left is the new colour.  He still has quite a bit to do, but the humidity has returned, too hot out there at the mo.  Hopefully will get the rest done this week.

Anyways, the shopping trip was fabulous.  Both girls did really well, with lots of new clothes, shoes and some goodies.  And of course I shared some of my goodies with you the other day.  Here is the rest of my great shopping haul.

All the bits and pieces were from AC Moore and Joann's, although the majority of it was from AC Moore.

Some ribbons and some lace.  The lace was just $1 per roll, the 5 ribbon rolls on the left were 50c each and the three with the glitter down the middle were just 25c each.  I think the tulle was $3.


I got the 1.5" Fiskars punch as it was 40% off on punches, so got it for $8.99 and then the Spellbinders Impressabilities Florish I got for $4.


You know how much I enjoyed using the Perfect Pearls last week, well I just had to buy the other two sets.  And as I made two visits to AC Moore I got them both with a 50% off voucher :-)  So only paid $7.50 each - I am sure they are $22 here in Canada. 


The embossing folders were great, the Cuttelbug folder was on clearance at Joann's for $3.97.  The Darice folders were $3.99 each at AC Moore and then the little edge folders were just $2 for the pack of three. 


I picked up some plain white cardstock in Walmart and then wanted to try some of the Crafters Companion paper, so got some of that in ACMoore.


Now, we had to stop at the Walmart in Ogdensburg, just before we crossed the border, for a snack and a bathroom break.  Shannon, spotted a sign for Joann's in the distance, so of course we had to pop in for one final look see.  It was only a small one and I thought that I would leave without anything.  Emily bought a little bear and whilst we were at the till, I spied these two stacks for $5 clearance.  So of course. I had to buy them!



They are both really pretty, and there endeth my shopping haul.

Now I have to admit, 1; I don't need anymore paper and 2; I thoroughly enjoyed our little get away.

Also, hubby made me some shelves for my craft room, he has given them two coats of paint, and they need a third, which I will do to finish them off.  I will show you a photo once they are finished.  Isn't he a star :-)

Hope you are all having a great week.  I actually have a couple of posts scheduled for the next couple of days,  tomorrows is a Polka Doodle post and then Saturday is Hop day :-)

Happy crafting everyone.

15 comments:

  1. Wow Karon, you sure did get some great bargains! What a great feeling:) You will have lots of fun creating with those pretty papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul. Enjoy everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you smuggle all that back and manage to say
    " This? New? No I've had it for ages!!"
    Glad you had a good time, looking forward to what you
    are going to do with your haul!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a wonderful time and you got some awesome goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "1: I don't need more paper".... don't say it out loud! ha ha

    You did an amazing job and deal hunting on your trip. What a great memory for the girls. That Andy- getting something useful done while your out gallivanting across the countryside (and more!). I hope you enjoy his last couple of days home. I'm looking forward to the creativity these purchases unleash...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, look at all those goodies and what a bargain shopper you are. Can't wait to see what you make! ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty painted fences, fun family time and swanky new shelves with a butt load of cool shopping stuff!!! I love when a plan comes together :) Can't wait to see the photos of your latest creations.
    hugs to you,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you are home safe and sound.
    You got some great crafting deals.
    Enjoy your family time.
    Hugs
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The fence is looking fabulous!! I don't envy Andy painting it but it sure looks great!! And what an awesome haul!! So many new goodies - how will you decide what to use first??!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of fabulous bargains! You did good. I wouldn't want to paint a fence in the humid heat either. I think that's a fall project! :) Can't wait to see your new shelf. It's awesome to have hubbys who can build things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like great fun and great goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy to know that you had a good time!!Great deals!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥
    !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun haul!!!! have fun crafting with these goodies!!!
    You were so close to me...well about 2 1.2 hours...maybe next time we have to plan to meet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finds!!!
    And most of us " dont" need more paper. But it's all just so pretty, teehee. Looking forward to seeing your shelves

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...