Friday, 27 September 2013

Christmas will soon be here - just reminding you! :-)

Hi everyone.  For those of you who would like to know, there are only 88 days till Christmas.  For those who don't want to know - there are 453 days till Christmas 2014, LOL!

I'm on a roll with Christmas, sorry :-)

It's time for another challenge at Polka Doodles and this week the theme is "More Than One Fold".

I decided to do a diamond fold card - as it reminds me so much of a Christmas cracker, and the DT were asked to used Angelberry Christmas or the new release Home for Christmas.  However, yours doesn't have to be Christmas, just more than one fold :-)  There are lots of tutorials out there for this fold, and there's even one on my blog here :-)


Nikky, has also changed the rules slightly for Polka Doodles challenges.  You no longer need to limit the challenges you enter along side Polka Doodles - you can enter as many other challenges as you wish. Also the winner will be chosen by Random Org and then the DT will choose a Top 3.

I used the new release Home for Christmas for my card.  There is a plethora of amazing papers, digital images, embellishments, sentiments, even decoupage.

*** A Home for Christmas CD Collection

I can't remember the last time I actually did decoupage - it was way before I had my blog for sure!  I so enjoyed making this and that is why I ended up making two.  You know these would make great place cards for a Christmas table or party table.


These cute little eskimos are so adorable and they come in pre-coloured digis (as above) and they also come in black/white digis for you to colour yourself.  There are several decoupage sheets on this CD too and I couldn't resist these.


I added some Sakura Gelly Roll - Clear Stardust on the poinsettia and scarf.  And also some white gel pen on her cheeks. For the one below I also added the Clear Stardust to the dots of her dress.


I inked all the papers with ink and then added the sentiment squares, which are also among the huge amount of sentiments on this fabulous CD.


So come along and enter this weeks challenge - more than one fold !  You have until midday (GMT) 6 October to get you entries in.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Crafting by Designs - Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 1 Oct)

Five Simple Things - Inspire Me Fridays #122: Anything Goes (closes 3 oct)

Sister Act Card Challenge -  Challenge #26: Always Anything Goes (closes 3 Oct)

Bearly-Mine Challenges - Challenge #105: Anything Goes (closes 30 Sept)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

36 comments:

  1. WOW!! Karon!! These are AMAZING!! I LOVE the fold, love the papers and those images with all the dimension are so awesome!!!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow Karen I absolutely love this it is brilliant!!!!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never cease to amaze me with your creativity. I have to find time next week to come pick your brain more about Polka Doodles - like how do I know how much a CD costs in US dollars. Enjoy your weekend and TFS your gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cards do look like a Christmas cracker. They also look so very professionally done. These are great and look like you really took some time making them. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just delish! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Karon - this is one of my fave's from your creations... love the fancy folds, the pretty papers and the images......GORGEOUS......

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are both so ADORABLE!!! I am hoping that I am on your Christmas list..lol
    Please stop by my blog for the Trendy Twine Giveaway!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karon, these are adorable. Love these bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH Karon this are fabulous love the diamond fold and bright colors.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karon~ Your cards are GORGEOUS! What a fun fold. TFS.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are just so adorable. I love the idea of using them as place cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't even started my Christmas cards yet, yikes!! Maybe I should start doing one a week.....yours are fabulous! I love this style of card and the image you chose and papers are stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, these are absolutely lovely, Karon! I haven't done a diamond fold in eons... I think I've only ever done it once, as a reverse-diamond fold. Thanks for the reminder at how lovely they are! The papers are gorgeous and the eskimos couldn't be sweeter. :o) I love your idea for using this fold for place cards. Beautiful work as always, my friend! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous! I love that fold! Do you have a tutorial on it or maybe I should just goggle it. I'm thinking it might make a fun Halloween card for the next Designer challenge I'm in at the LSS.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooops I missed the line about the tutorial on your blog. I'll check it out! I was so awed over the photos I didn't read good at first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! Karon this is so gorgeous and the coloring is amazing!! I love the fold on this card. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful colors! great card!
    You could enter this in my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes September Linky Party. Have a great weekend
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cards are gorgeous and amazing Karon, I love the colours and such cute images.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Karon these cards are stunning! Love the detail they are just awesome! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What fabulous card, just amazing. I love the cute images.

    Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog, I am sorry I haven't been able to comment lately

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh good golly these are adorable! That fold is amazing. I would display these little cuties year round! They are just to sweet to put away once Christmas is over. Beautiful work my friend

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing my friend. Love the fold and those images are way to cute. I keep scrolling up to take a another look. Love them.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow!!! absolutely amazing Karon! thanks for joining us at Bearlymine challenges this time
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your diamond fold cards are awesome! Love how they look like Christmas crackers!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely adorable, Karon Don't you just love those little dolls! Thanks for a great tutorial too.
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOAH....so cute. The colors are fantastic and the folds are wonderful. I'm off to see the tutorial now. :) Also, can't wait to see the transformation of room 2!!! WOO HOO. So excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. YIKES!!! Karon, all I can say with my mouth hanging open is "WOW"!!! This folding card is phenomenal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. these are really cute, love the decoupage look!
    thanks for the Christmas reminder...I need to take that number seriously and start making more cards! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMGosh, I love this fold. And your little people are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh Wow! These are incredible! Love the design, the images, the colors! Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafting By Designs.
    Sharon - DT

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW.......absolutely stunning! What a lot of work, its Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, I thought your last Christmas card was fabulous, but I think these might just out-do them!! Everything about this is stunning!! Love the folds and the sweet images!! Seriously, Karon, these are amazing!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sooooooooo adorable! I smile just looking at your project. I love that you try out different card folds. Ome of these days I am going to try it out. I hope they look half as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...